Not open for further replies.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
tumblr_inline_nfi31z7gQo1sdy5j7.gif

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Good win. Didn't see the first two periods. How did Graovac look? Have high hopes from him. His size and supposed skill is exactly what we need from the center position

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Good win. Didn't see the first two periods. How did Graovac look? Have high hopes from him. His size and supposed skill is exactly what we need from the center position

Never made any big mistakes... had one near goal... Decent debut, something to build off of.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah he had a fine debut. Unfortunately he wasn't great in the faceoff circle (I don't think) so 3/4 of our centers couldn't win a draw (although Brodz may have gotten a little better).

Edit: 2 for 8 for faceoffs for Graovac. 8-8 for Brodz and 5-6 for Coyle. Not as bad as I thought, overall.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities

He had one chance where he dangled around their d in front and juuuuustt missed the backhand shelf. Looked solid.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Someone should tell Russo to ask them why they think turtling for an entire period is a good idea. I almost wanted them to lose so they'd not get the positive reinforcement (though, not like it'd matter).

i think the players have addressed this in individual post game interviews before--it's all them, getting into that mindset where they just want to hold on to what they have. The more you lose, the more that counterproductive protective instinct kicks in and you get out of that attack mentality, which is too bad because that's the wild's strength this season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
an the ahl'ers with the win:laugh:

I'd like to be positive after the win, but it took everything we had to beat a so-so team with all their D injured.

Carter, Sutter, and to a lesser extent, Graovac, made me realize how much our team is coasting. Time to bench or trade some guys. If we can get something for Brodz then let's do it. He is easily replaceable. Haula doesn't produce? Down he goes and keep Sutter, or bring up a Kapanen or whomever. Vanek plays like Vanek? Sit him. Same with Coyle. Trading him is now an option as far as I'm concerned. He looks like Gerald Ford out there. Time to trade him before the rest of the league figures out he can't play.

Would like to see some more of Blum and Dumba rather than the perverse clowns they have playing D now. If they want a face puncher for a game or two have Bickel play on a fourth line ( for like two minutes). DON'T put him on D.

Kuemper was great tonight. Would like to believe that he will continue to play well, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have fallen in love with Max Domi. Fletcher must do everything in his power to acquire him. I would trade Granlund and Coyle for him in a heartbeat.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Hm. Thought Brodz had a pretty good game. Also, that so-so team had only lost in regulation like 1 time in their last 13-14 games. I'd say we did a pretty good thing even though we didn't look amazing the entire time.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'd like to be positive after the win, but it took everything we had to beat a so-so team with all their D injured.

Carter, Sutter, and to a lesser extent, Graovac, made me realize how much our team is coasting. Time to bench or trade some guys. If we can get something for Brodz then let's do it. He is easily replaceable. Haula doesn't produce? Down he goes and keep Sutter, or bring up a Kapanen or whomever. Vanek plays like Vanek? Sit him. Same with Coyle. Trading him is now an option as far as I'm concerned. He looks like Gerald Ford out there. Time to trade him before the rest of the league figures out he can't play.

Would like to see some more of Blum and Dumba rather than the perverse clowns they have playing D now. If they want a face puncher for a game or two have Bickel play on a fourth line ( for like two minutes). DON'T put him on D.

Kuemper was great tonight. Would like to believe that he will continue to play well, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have fallen in love with Max Domi. Fletcher must do everything in his power to acquire him. I would trade Granlund and Coyle for him in a heartbeat.

That "so-so team" is like the hottest team in the NHL for the last two months, aren't they???

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

As awesome as Max has been at the WJC's, I don't think he's the answer.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
My take:

Two awful first period penalties on Minnesota. Again with the officiating. Koivu breathed on someone, and a Wild player gets in an opposing player's way which is legal if the refs actually care about the rules. This almost cost us the game.

The Wild won because they played physical.
That's it!

Poke checks won't cut it anymore, body checks win games. The Cooke line started it, and other lines began to follow.

A good game for players who have something to prove. If only Yeo could motivate veterans to play that way.

Other stuff:
That ice was surprisingly bad for Winnipeg. Bounces bounces bounces all over the place.

I was surprised Byfuglin didn't get run. If I was a coach or player on that team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad