Signing(s): Lamar Jackson signs long term extension with the Ravens

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Can someone explain to me why ESPN is acting like OBJ is the same guy he was 5 years ago?

Talking about him as "A top WR" when he hasn't been one for years now

Sep 19, 2008
Media: "Why is everyone so outraged aboutLamar not getting his bag"

Fans: "He's overrated anyway. The team should cut him."

I TOLD YOU ALL ALONG THAT LAMAR WOULD NEVER LEAVE, AND IF BALTIMORE LET HIM WALK THEY'D BE STUPID. I GREW UP IN MARYLAND. I REMEMBER THE DAYS BEFORE LAMAR AND JOE FLACCO. YOU DON'T WANT TO GO BACK.

"But Lamar's style of play leads to injury"

HAVE YOU SEEN THE RAVENS WITHOUT LAMAR? THEY LOOK AWFUL.

"But Lamar is not worth the money."

He is the biggest paid player in NFL history doe.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
need to see what the guaranteed money is. but this is what i expected would happen all along. the ravens weren't just gonna let him go and enter a QB carousel. became even more obvious once he recruited OBJ

Sep 19, 2008
Last thing because I'm very pissy today but "Lamar: 1-3 in the playoffs"

Do you realize that is better than his team not making the playoffs at all and drafting 10th or 5th because they missed the playoffs? Lamar is a huge reason John Harbaugh is still employed as the Ravens head coach.

Lamar can take you to the playoffs. At the end of the day, what happens in the playoffs is a crapshoot. People shit on him like "HOW COULD HE NOT WIN A PLAYOFF GAME" well he won that game against the Titans in Tennessee did he not? And then the narrative is "WHY LAMAR NO SUPER BOWL"

give him a shot. all they need to do is make the playoffs routinely. And at the end of the day that is the sign of a successful organization.

All this shit about him not being the right player for Baltimore or him being too injury prone was just "copium" from bitter fans who take in a false narrative.

"But he's not worth the money"

:rolleyes:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Ravens won the day,, LOL ESPN absurdity right now

And OBJ a weapon that few can stop to couple with Jackson makes this Ravens offense special,,,,, What year is this?

Sep 19, 2008
How would you rank team being in playoffs and Lamar skipping out on supporting teammates?
The narrative about him and Cincinnati was not true. Lamar could not play. And believe me if he could play or even be there to support his teammates I would have vouched for it. Heck I clowned them constantly for that too, why wasn't he there. Why was he at home while his teammates are getting clobbered.

That said he is clearly talented. The degree to which he is talented, and how often he is hurt, was often debated about ad nauseum on the boards. At the end of the day, it didn't matter if he was hurt. Because when he played, they won.

"But his style of play is not conducive to physical NFL defenses."

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
A deal of some sort was always going to happen

This would have been done long ago if he had agent and didn't take negotiations as personal attack.

Nice spin though
He’s most likely going to get a higher guarantee and a better chance to make even more money if the rumours of him being the highest paid QB on a year to year basis is true, then he would’ve if he had an agent and signed two years ago. How is that a spin?

Look at that, even 50m million in guaranteed money then what was originally reported. Dude did a great job representing himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad