Signing(s): Lamar Jackson signs long term extension with the Ravens

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Smart by Baltimore , they match or get 2 first round pics.. Might bring Lamar back to earth as in , not getting guaranteed Watson $$$

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Smart by Baltimore , they match or get 2 first round pics.. Might bring Lamar back to earth as in , not getting guaranteed Watson $$$
Plus you get to see if the market truly has shifted to the Watson structure for QB’s.

Lamar now has to talk to other clubs to work out a deal. We will now see how willing other clubs are to hand him $250 mill fully guaranteed that he has been asking for.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

How would 2 1st’s be anything but awfull return?

If the rumour is true that the Ravens offered 133M as quaranteed they’ll be in world of trouble when Lamar brings the offers back

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ravens are probably going to match anything because 2 1’s is not enough. They’re essentially trying to prove that Lamar is out to lunch on his demands.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ravens are probably going to match anything because 2 1’s is not enough. They’re essentially trying to prove that Lamar is out to lunch on his demands.

Jets are desperate for QB.

Why would they rather pay big time money for Rodgers over Lamar?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Falcons reportedly not having interest seems pretty surprising to say the least.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
How would 2 1st’s be anything but awfull return?

If the rumour is true that the Ravens offered 133M as quaranteed they’ll be in world of trouble when Lamar brings the offers back
I might not be as high on Lamar as others.
Wilson bought more return and is clearly a worse QB but the Broncos are dumb.
Are their any other dumb teams left looking?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I might not be as high on Lamar as others.
Wilson bought more return and is clearly a worse QB but the Broncos are dumb.
Are their any other dumb teams left looking?

You’d think Jets are pretty desperate and itMs Rodgers vs Lamar.
Why would not Lamar win?

Let’s say he gets a 250M offer with 200-230 in quaranteed.
Are the Ravens ready to go up 100M from 133?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not surprising in the least. this is what i expected to happen

still think the ravens will match though. losing lamar and entering a QB carousel is not what they want

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Why would not Lamar win?

Probably not and he walks.
Dude is hurt to much and his agent isn't helping him.. I personally stay clear of Rodgers , Couldn't get GB to the playoffs in that Div. Plus all his deva crap so in my book I just don't want him around at almost any cap hit.
Watson broke the market and I guess we will see if Lamars deal sorts it. Will be interesting to see this play out.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
That figure is probably a bit misleading. It was reported that $133 is at the point of signing. This type of contract normally have significant more guaranteed money which kicks in after the 1st season is complete. And Ravens arent going to cut him after 1 year and $133 mill. So the actual guarantee was probably more like 180-190, but thats a guess because nobody from Lamars team leaked that figure.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Probably not and he walks.
Dude is hurt to much and his agent isn't helping him.. I personally stay clear of Rodgers , Couldn't get GB to the playoffs in that Div. Plus all his deva crap so in my book I just don't want him around at almost any cap hit.
Watson broke the market and I guess we will see if Lamars deal sorts it. Will be interesting to see this play out.

Lamar Jackson is acting as his own agent

Ravens should move on and take the picks

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why would not Lamar win?

Are the jets prepared to drop that kind of money fully guaranteed? I think there’s a number where Baltimore walks away

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Some team is going to try and sign him to stupid money because he's an elite piece when healthy. Baltimore are morons if they let him walk for only two firsts.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Two 1sts and at least four years fully guaranteed should be an easy yes for a lot of teams. He’s elite when healthy.

The “when healthy” part is obviously important but I also wonder if he could’ve played last year if things weren’t so bad between him and the Ravens.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Some team is going to try and sign him to stupid money because he's an elite piece when healthy. Baltimore are morons if they let him walk for only two firsts.
I don't think they will, but it also depends on what those firsts are.

Hypothetically let's say the Colts sign him, then they get a first that they could package for the top pick and draft Young.

The more likely scenario is they feel Lamar is completely out of touch with reality and are telling him "see what's out there if you think we're low balling you" knowing that the top offers he gets will probably be similar to their offer.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Are the jets prepared to drop that kind of money fully guaranteed? I think there’s a number where Baltimore walks away

I don’t see why they wouldn’t be.

They have a roster ready to contend outside the QB and now there’s a franchise QB available for 2 1st round picks.

Seems like an easy yes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad