Recalled/Assigned: Laleggia, Pitlick Recalled. Schultz,Klinhammer placed on I.R

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Bad roster is bad. Is worse when injuries.

I don't get the love affair with Pitlick. Hands of stone. Guess he can skate north-south pretty good and hit guys, but he gets hurt brushing his teeth.

If they're going to bring up Miller, Iiro the Hero and now Pitlick, guess they really want Draisaitl to be hungry down there. Can't see how these guys contribute more at the NHL level.

I love Joey Legs but he's going to get stamped.

Pitlick does what the coach/team want/need him to do.

If he didn't get hurt all of the time there would be no need for pitlick.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm curious to see what Laleggia can do at the NHL level... sometimes players surprise and perform even better when they step up a level than you thought they would.

I'm going to speculate and say Laleggia will be one of those that does better than we think he will.

Hunt is an AHL king and a pauper at the NHL level... I'm hoping Laleggia is the opposite.

Pakarinen gets a goal in his 2nd game when called up... Nurse in his 1st... at that rate Laleggia should score on his 1st NHL shift. :)

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
meh.

Lalleggia, i suppose, it could be interesting to see how he looks

As for Pitlick, i suspect this is his last hurrah.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I checked multiple sites three just now, 3 listed him as 6'2 and 3 listed him as 6'0, I don't know which is true. Regardless Pakarinen isn't just better at shot selection he has a less telegraphed release and he knows how to find the dead areas on the ice to receive a pass, Pitlick has wowed at prospect camp with his shot, but applying it in game situations at the right time and position is an entirely different matter, watching AHL games I must of seen him pelt the goalie 100 times right in the crest. Pitlick is faster and he hits harder, he's better as a bang and crasher and create a bit of chaos on the line, but Pakarinen has a better understanding of how to get goals and compliment offensive players. Pitlicks game does more closely resemble Klinkhammers if McLellan really just wants someone to bang and crash down low, but I think Pakarinen provides a better mixture of the two as he provides some of that same grit with a better goalscoring touch.

I think the 6'2" is the accurate one. Otherwise I pretty much agree with your assessment of the two.

That said I would not object to Pitlick with Hall and Nuge and Pakarinen on the third line against Montreal. Pitlick tends to play great just after being recalled. My guess is that he will be a wrecking ball that could free up some space for Nuge and Hall against a team like Montreal that is not really very big or physical in their top 6. Pakarinen might actually help the 3rd line get going on the score board as he is better able to generate things on his own that Pitlick is.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I'm curious to see what Laleggia can do at the NHL level... sometimes players surprise and perform even better when they step up a level than you thought they would.

I'm going to speculate and say Laleggia will be one of those that does better than we think he will.

Hunt is an AHL king and a pauper at the NHL level... I'm hoping Laleggia is the opposite.

Pakarinen gets a goal in his 2nd game when called up... Nurse in his 1st... at that rate Laleggia should score on his 1st NHL shift. :)

It would be great if Laleggia could become the Oilers version of Torey Krug. Laleggia is a great skater and for a little guy he has a big shot, something that has been missing on the Oilers pp. He's also very creative.

Last edited:

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
It would be great if Laleggia could become the Oilers version of Torey Krug. Laleggia is a great skater and for a little guy he has a big shot, something that has been missing on the Oilers pp. He's also very creative.

He also plays with a bit of an edge:

Here's hoping he does this to Gaudreau on Saturday night. :handclap:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
im glad it wasnt hunt but i dont see lelggia making a difference on the ice, im more excited to see what Nurse brings tonight.

also i really like pitlick and he is a great hockey player. hopefully he can shake the injury proneness and become a regular player. one of the reason the team has really struggled over the last decade is the lack of developed 2-4th line players from outside the first round.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
LaLeggia is a long shot for sure, but I'm rooting for him. Guy has probably been told at every turn that he's too small and yet here he is playing his first NHL game. Great story and would love to see it get better.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
wavewhiteflag.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Laleggia?

Where's Johan Motin, Bryan Rodney or Mean Dean Arsene when you need them?

...we've never had a lot of depth.

We are using our #10 or 11 d-man. I don't know that a lot of teams have a lot better options when it gets down to that. Our issue is top 6 as it is, not depth in the AHL.

As for the recalls, both players have a real good chance here. There are some elite players looking for someone to come for a ride. Take advantage of it now

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
LaLeggia was the best player on the ice at the Prospects Tournament when they played Calgary and that included Bennet. I think hes going to pleasantly surprise us! The trick for Pitlick is to stay healthy.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Couldnt even get through October without sprinkling the defense with ahl players.

Thanks CrapT.

I wonder if they'll ice that 2015 second-round pick and a conditional fifth-rounder that MacT got for Petry tonight.

Honestly, every time the team ****s up defensively, if I were Chia, I'd just slide MacT a toothbrush and be like "Looks like you're cleaning my office bathroom again tomorrow."

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
We will find out quickly if LaLeggia is Torey Krug or Brad Hunt. As for Pitlick, he has been an effective player in the past imo an injury waiting to happen but has looked like an nhl caliber guy when playing.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Now, THIS is interesting.

We have an awful lot of bodies hanging around now.

Hall-RNH-Pakarinen
Pouliot-McDavid-Yak
Korpi-Lander-Purcell
Slepy-Letestu-Pitlick

Gazdic, Draisaitl

Sekera-Fayne
Nurse-Klefbom
LaLeggia-Gryba

Davidson, Ference

Am I missing something, or doesn't that put us over? Got to be another shoe to drop here.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Uhh what's the deal with LTIR.

Did Eberle have a setback or is it just for money and roster reasons? Not familiar with the rules for LTIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad