Recalled/Assigned: Laleggia, Pitlick Recalled. Schultz,Klinhammer placed on I.R

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yikes. So that's now Eberle, Hendricks, Klinkhammer, Reinhart and Schultz with all being on I.R.
For a team that could ill afford to have key injuries, they are starting to pile up.

I thought Pitlick was still injured.
I like Laleggia but this is big boy hockey now, I doubt he's ready to handle it only a few games into his pro career.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Next ten games will be scary unless we make a trade for a d man. 6-13-1 here we come

They just need to play a solid, structured team defence. Last year, at one point in the season, the Jets had 4 of their top 6 defencemen out at the same time, and were running with mostly AHLers on the back end. It really was the turning point in their season as they focused primarily on shutting teams down and just playing a well structured system, and they went on a fairly impressive winning streak. Oilers need to do that.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Next ten games will be scary unless we make a trade for a d man. 6-13-1 here we come

Most of our injuries are short term, the only significant long term injury we've had is Eberle. We should be able to make due without a panic trade, adding a quality d-man is in our best interests regardless of the injuries so I expect Chia to keep chugging along in his search for a d-man.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Do people really think Laleggia will play? I'm half expecting Ference to draw in, he's been bad, but a lot of coaches will still lean on their vets despite them being bad.

If he wasn't going to play, why bother recalling him? Even with Schultz and Reinhart hurt we've got 7 healthy d-men here right now. I do agree with you though that most of these injuries aren't that significant. Schultz will hurt because we need to cover the loss of his 22+ minutes that he's playing.

But Reinhart... Klinkhammer... Hendricks. These are 4th liners/bottom pairing guys. Hell, 1/2 this board didn't even have Klinkhammer making the team at any point during the summer.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Man, the injuries are really starting to pile up.

I have no idea what to expect from Laleggia. I just hope he can skate and make a good first pass.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
After thinking about this for a bit, I think #16 gets a seat in the press box vs MTL.

Hall - RNH - Pakarinen
Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov
Korpi - Lander - Pitlick
Gazdic - Letestu - Slepyshev

Not a NHL roster IMO

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Damn that roster looks like complete garbage. Bottom 6 players and 4 out of 6 D don't play on most NHL teams.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Looking forward to seeing LaLeggia and maybe, just maybe Pitlick fits in well with Hall and Nuge.

Pitlick spends so much time injured that he's even worse than Hemsky when hemsky was made of glass, but Pitlick plays a really good game. He instantly caught my attention the minute that we drafted him and although his offence hasn't really come on in the NHL, he's fast and he plays a hard game.

If he could stay healthy for 20 games I'm convinced he'd be penciled in to play on our 3rd line full time.
Heck if he had been healthy all of last year Purcell would have cleared waivers by now.

PLEASE, PITLICK.

DON'T SHATTER!

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
After thinking about this for a bit, I think #16 gets a seat in the press box vs MTL.

Hall - RNH - Pakarinen
Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov
Korpi - Lander - Pitlick
Gazdic - Letestu - Slepyshev

Not a NHL roster IMO

You never know. They might let Korpi sit. He needs a kick in the ass.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Oilers have gotta be one of the softest teams in the league. I dont know if its their conditioning, diet, making silly decisions but it cant be "bad luck" excuse every year.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yikes. So that's now Eberle, Hendricks, Klinkhammer, Reinhart and Schultz with all being on I.R.
For a team that could ill afford to have key injuries, they are starting to pile up.

I thought Pitlick was still injured.
I like Laleggia but this is big boy hockey now, I doubt he's ready to handle it only a few games into his pro career.

You know 2/3 of the time Pitlick is injured... and it seems that whenever he comes to play 4/5 of the time you think he's injured. Confusing as hell. It was just yesterday that I was told that he was hurt, so you can imagine how surprised I was to read that he's coming up.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Oilers have gotta be one of the softest teams in the league. I dont know if its their conditioning, diet, making silly decisions but it cant be "bad luck" excuse every year.

Past 2 years haven't been THIS bad.
Then 7 years ago - 5 years ago was the most brutal. I think we led the league by a fair margin in games missed to injury.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Bad roster is bad. Is worse when injuries.

I don't get the love affair with Pitlick. Hands of stone. Guess he can skate north-south pretty good and hit guys, but he gets hurt brushing his teeth.

If they're going to bring up Miller, Iiro the Hero and now Pitlick, guess they really want Draisaitl to be hungry down there. Can't see how these guys contribute more at the NHL level.

I love Joey Legs but he's going to get stamped.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012

The probability of a random injury doesn't give a **** what you ate for breakfast this morning, or how many crunches you did.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Bad roster is bad. Is worse when injuries.

I don't get the love affair with Pitlick. Hands of stone. Guess he can skate north-south pretty good and hit guys, but he gets hurt brushing his teeth.

If they're going to bring up Miller, Iiro the Hero and now Pitlick, guess they really want Draisaitl to be hungry down there. Can't see how these guys contribute more at the NHL level.

I love Joey Legs but he's going to get stamped.

Because they want Draisaitl to be a C and hopefully not a W. He needs time in the middle, a lot of time.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
10/10 Best lineup ever. Would lineup again. :D

If they were in the East they could get away with it. IE Just like Montreal. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad