Recalled/Assigned: Laleggia, Pitlick Recalled. Schultz,Klinhammer placed on I.R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Davidson and Ference have each gotten 3 games and I wasn't phrasing my question to ask what people on this board want, cause I know the answer to that is never ever play Ference. What MacLellan will do isn't necessarily the same thing, in San Jose he wasn't particularly quick to integrate most rookies into the line-up and he still gave Hannan a bunch of games despite him being horrible.

Ultimately it's up to the coach, but the facts that Davidson has played over him and that Nurse as a call up played over him makes me think that LaLeggia does step in unless Reinhart is ready to go.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Somebody mentioned the line brawl Laleggia was involved in. Here it is. A little old time hockey. Wagner from San Diego is a total punk....:laugh:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Somebody mentioned the line brawl Laleggia was involved in. Here it is. A little old time hockey. Wagner from San Diego is a total punk....:laugh:

San Diego losing the game, starts a line brawl that they lose. Took two guys to handle Kessy and Moroz got blind sided by a second guy while he was fighting another.

Embarrassing for Eakins team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If Nurse shows well do we see something like this when Schultz returns?

Sekera-Schultz
Nurse-Klefbom
Reinhart-Gryba
Fayne

That's what I'd do, except swap Gryba and Fayne. Unless Fayne has forgotten how to defence he's better than he's shown. I think he's just playing too high in the lineup.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I hate to say it, but the Bakersfield and Oilers bio on Pitlick is full of ****. He is not 6'0" tall, IIRC when we drafted him he was 6'2", unless he's shrunk a couple of inches :laugh: Pakarinen maybe a touch heavier but Pitlick has 1-2" on Iiro.

I would tend to agree that Iiro has the better shot selection but Pitlick is the bigger and faster player and at times a harder hitter although we haven't seen that from Tyler this season.

I checked multiple sites three just now, 3 listed him as 6'2 and 3 listed him as 6'0, I don't know which is true. Regardless Pakarinen isn't just better at shot selection he has a less telegraphed release and he knows how to find the dead areas on the ice to receive a pass, Pitlick has wowed at prospect camp with his shot, but applying it in game situations at the right time and position is an entirely different matter, watching AHL games I must of seen him pelt the goalie 100 times right in the crest. Pitlick is faster and he hits harder, he's better as a bang and crasher and create a bit of chaos on the line, but Pakarinen has a better understanding of how to get goals and compliment offensive players. Pitlicks game does more closely resemble Klinkhammers if McLellan really just wants someone to bang and crash down low, but I think Pakarinen provides a better mixture of the two as he provides some of that same grit with a better goalscoring touch.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
People are expecting a small, soft 23 year old defenseman with 1 point in the AHL to help carry an NHL team, especially one as bad as the Oil? Really?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
People are expecting a small, soft 23 year old defenseman with 1 point in the AHL to help carry an NHL team, especially one as bad as the Oil? Really?

I think it could screw up, but maybe he could help the PP. Even strength he can go (edit) on the bottom pairing.

It's not a great situation for him considering that there aren't many good veterans around to lean on. He was extremely poised in university so hopefully he does well on the Oilers. He was one of my favorite prospects. It's nice to have a later pick rise to the occasion, and he brings offense.

Last edited:

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010

I'm expecting (hoping, really) him to be able to make a better first pass than Gryba, Davidson, Fayne, or Ference. That's about it, really.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
I think it could screw up, but maybe he could help the PP. Even strength he can go on the PP.

It's not a great situation for him considering that there aren't many good veterans around to lean on. He was extremely poised in university so hopefully he does well on the Oilers. He was one of my favorite prospects. It's nice to have a later pick rise to the occasion, and he brings offense.

I have no doubt that over time, and in the right situation, he will be a good, offensive defenseman.

Now, with this weak Oilers team, isn't it....

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

Nobody is expecting him to carry the team. Step back from the La-Ledge-ia.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

He can't be any worse than Brad Hunt was last year.

We hope.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
He didn't suck last year when used appropriately. He's over the hill at 28? He forgot how to hockey? Or, he doesn't have the toolkit to play against the best in the league?

Even in NJ when he was he was playing his best hockey, Fayne saw around 18-19 mins average ice time. He is not a minute muncher and his game seems to take a big hit if he is asked to do too much. That in a nutshell is the problem with the Oilers entire Defense. Everyone is being asked to play above their heads.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I checked multiple sites three just now, 3 listed him as 6'2 and 3 listed him as 6'0, I don't know which is true. Regardless Pakarinen isn't just better at shot selection he has a less telegraphed release and he knows how to find the dead areas on the ice to receive a pass, Pitlick has wowed at prospect camp with his shot, but applying it in game situations at the right time and position is an entirely different matter, watching AHL games I must of seen him pelt the goalie 100 times right in the crest. Pitlick is faster and he hits harder, he's better as a bang and crasher and create a bit of chaos on the line, but Pakarinen has a better understanding of how to get goals and compliment offensive players. Pitlicks game does more closely resemble Klinkhammers if McLellan really just wants someone to bang and crash down low, but I think Pakarinen provides a better mixture of the two as he provides some of that same grit with a better goalscoring touch.

I don't take issue with much of what you say. I agree that he would shoot far too often above the faceoff dot and that is a VERY low % play unless your name is Ovechkin, Stamkos or Tarasenko. His speed would do well to help retrieve pucks, his size and strength would help in board battles and when in position his shot would help to score or create chaos in front of the net.

I believe he was drafted as 6'2" and he always seemed taller than Hall and RNH so I have no idea why they now list him at 6'0".

Carry the team? We're expecting him to win the Norris. If you're going to fabricate stories then you may as well go big or go home.

3rd pairing at ES and 1st/2nd PP unit = carrying the team, I guess Ellis carries the mail in Nashville and Weber, Josie, etc. are bystanders? :shakehead

Nobody is expecting him to carry the team. Step back from the La-Ledge-ia.

:laugh::handclap: Well played!

He can't be any worse than Brad Hunt was last year.

We hope.

Not as hard of a clapper but he is a LOT better skater than Hunt is.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I've got my fingers crossed for Pitlick. Can't help but root for him. Also think he has what it takes to be an NHLer in some capacity if it weren't for the injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad