Recalled/Assigned: Laleggia, Pitlick Recalled. Schultz,Klinhammer placed on I.R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
I thought Laleggia looked good to great in training camp and preseason. If there's one thing the guy can do its QB a PP and move the puck.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Well.... I think Reinhart is hurt more then we thought. As for the forwards I think it's time to pray that something good is out on waivers tomorrow.
He should be back by next game...

Maybe Davidson will be sent down or a trade is coming?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
If a few of the guys that are currently on the Oiler roster were playing like actual NHLers, we wouldn't have to bring in these AHLers who will probably do a better job than some regulars.

I'm looking at you Ference, Davidson, and Purcell.

evil_eye.jpg

McDeathbyCheerios*

Hall - RNH - Pakarainen
Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov
Slepy - Lander - Pitlick
Gazdic - Letetsu - Korpi
Purcell

Nurse - Klefbom
Sekera - Laleggia
Reinhart - Gryba
Fayne

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Hall - RNH - Pakarainen
Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov
Slepy - Lander - Pitlick
Gazdic - Letetsu - Korpi
Purcell

Nurse - Klefbom
Sekera - Laleggia
Reinhart - Gryba
Fayne

Well, if people on the main board want to say we are an AHL team, they pretty much aren't going to be wrong.

True about our defence anyway.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd like to see Pitlick with Hall and Nuge. He's bigger than Pakarinen and he has a pretty good shot. If he can stay healthy (I know, I know) I still think that he could be a useful player for us. He most certainly can't be worse than Purcell.

LaLeggia brings puck moving, speed and a good point shot. I wouldn't mind seeing him with Gryba as Gryba can clear the crease while LaLeggia plays a skilled game.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Do people really think Laleggia will play? I'm half expecting Ference to draw in, he's been bad, but a lot of coaches will still lean on their vets despite them being bad.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
LaLeggia, Nurse, and Davidson playing instead of Ference would be hilarious. They clearly do not think he's an NHL defensemen.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Looking forward to seeing LaLeggia and maybe, just maybe Pitlick fits in well with Hall and Nuge.
Theoretically he should be a decent fit there. Good speed, hard accurate wrister and can mix it up and throw big hits. His problem is it seems his body literally can't handle the game of hockey.

As for LaLeggia, he is small but should add some offense and puckmoving to the team. Too bad he's LH, its annoying how so many of our top defense prospects are LH.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Do people really think Laleggia will play? I'm half expecting Ference to draw in, he's been bad, but a lot of coaches will still lean on their vets despite them being bad.
Laleggia is probably 3 on our d prospect chart. (Nurse, Reinhart, Laleggia). I can't see them calling him up to not play on the farm, only to play Ference up here.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
My preference:

Hall-RNH-Pitlick
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Korpikoski-Lander-Pakarinen (a trio of gritty Scandinavians)
Gazdic-Letestu-Slepyshev
Purcell (waiver fodder when Ebs, Klink and Hendricks are healthy)

Sekera-Fayne (please upgrade on Fayne Mr. Chiarelli!)
Nurse-Klefbom
LaLeggia-Gryba
Davidson-Ference (please keep them off the ice Mr. McLellan!)

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Joey Legs! Nice! The kid can skate and think the game offensively as well as any blueliner on this club, IMO. Pair him with Gryba and tell Eric to hand the puck off to Joey at all times.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'd like to see Pitlick with Hall and Nuge. He's bigger than Pakarinen and he has a pretty good shot. If he can stay healthy (I know, I know) I still think that he could be a useful player for us. He most certainly can't be worse than Purcell.

LaLeggia brings puck moving, speed and a good point shot. I wouldn't mind seeing him with Gryba as Gryba can clear the crease while LaLeggia plays a skilled game.

Pakarinen has an inch on him and somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 more lbs. Pakarinen also has the better shot of the two hands down, Pitlick is generally quite predictable with his shot selection its usually drive wide with speed and drop a clapper from the half wall or an even more acute angle, unless your shot is amazing you won't beat an NHL goalie from there. Pakarinen has a good concept as to how to push away from traffic and get himself open like he did on his goal last game. I'm a big Pitlick booster, but Pakarinen has a much better grasp of how to play with offensive players, Pitlick is 4th line energy bang and crash kind of player with some untapped potential.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Theoretically he should be a decent fit there. Good speed, hard accurate wrister and can mix it up and throw big hits. His problem is it seems his body literally can't handle the game of hockey.

As for LaLeggia, he is small but should add some offense and puckmoving to the team. Too bad he's LH, its annoying how so many of our top defense prospects are LH.

Yeah I really hope that he can stay healthy because injuries have sidetracked him from becoming a 3rd line NHLer IMO.

Yeah it's tough but many of them can play the right side and there's a league wide shortage of RHD I believe.

Pressuring him into retirement is my guess.

More like playing players that you think give you the best chance of winning. Ference is far from one of those players. Hopefully they come to the same realization with Purcell soon.

He's been awful and LaLeggia could be a shot in the arm to our PP. I would not hesitate to play LaLeggia over Ference, IMO LaLeggia is a better fit than Davidson and Brandon has played over Ference a number of times.

Laleggia is probably 3 on our d prospect chart. (Nurse, Reinhart, Laleggia). I can't see them calling him up to not play on the farm, only to play Ference up here.

Yup, unless Ference shows otherwise in practice, he's done as a NHLer.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
This team is hanging on by a thread good lord.

Butter soft!

And can anyone realistically expect for Pitlick to stay healthier for more than 2-3 games? He's not an NHLer, at least not in the way they would've originally hoped for.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
He's been awful and LaLeggia could be a shot in the arm to our PP. I would not hesitate to play LaLeggia over Ference, IMO LaLeggia is a better fit than Davidson and Brandon has played over Ference a number of times.

Davidson and Ference have each gotten 3 games and I wasn't phrasing my question to ask what people on this board want, cause I know the answer to that is never ever play Ference. What MacLellan will do isn't necessarily the same thing, in San Jose he wasn't particularly quick to integrate most rookies into the line-up and he still gave Hannan a bunch of games despite him being horrible.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Davidson and Ference have each gotten 3 games and I wasn't phrasing my question to ask what people on this board want, cause I know the answer to that is never ever play Ference. What MacLellan will do isn't necessarily the same thing, in San Jose he wasn't particularly quick to integrate most rookies into the line-up and he still gave Hannan a bunch of games despite him being horrible.

Wonder if this means we see Davidson hit the waiver wire soon.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Pakarinen has an inch on him and somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 more lbs. Pakarinen also has the better shot of the two hands down, Pitlick is generally quite predictable with his shot selection its usually drive wide with speed and drop a clapper from the half wall or an even more acute angle, unless your shot is amazing you won't beat an NHL goalie from there. Pakarinen has a good concept as to how to push away from traffic and get himself open like he did on his goal last game. I'm a big Pitlick booster, but Pakarinen has a much better grasp of how to play with offensive players, Pitlick is 4th line energy bang and crash kind of player with some untapped potential.

I hate to say it, but the Bakersfield and Oilers bio on Pitlick is full of ****. He is not 6'0" tall, IIRC when we drafted him he was 6'2", unless he's shrunk a couple of inches :laugh: Pakarinen maybe a touch heavier but Pitlick has 1-2" on Iiro.

I would tend to agree that Iiro has the better shot selection but Pitlick is the bigger and faster player and at times a harder hitter although we haven't seen that from Tyler this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad