Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread V (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Dude never played in the NHL, so I wouldn't get all that amped about Werenski's future.

yeah it's sarcasm, I thought it was obvious

I would, but it has nothing to do with that stat. Werenski is a STUD!!!!

BTW, if you have read this board before, you know sarcasm is never obvious with some of the posts that have been made here before.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Man, they were just one more game from being mentally ready to be Blue Jackets. :sarcasm:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio

What is it about hockey fans in Michigan flipping off our players when they score?

I am glad they won it last night. This way Monsters fans in Cleveland won't be pissed about not being able to make it to the Nat for game 7. As far as I am concerned, it would have been fun, but I won't lose any sleep over no game here.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com.../2016/05/monster-move-on-with-4-3-ot-win.html

-- Rough night for Lake Erie forward Kerby Rychel, who not only lost a fight at 5:51 of the second period but was ejected for a uniform violation. First, to the fight. Rychel and Grand Rapids' Mitch Callahan came out of a faceoff with their gloves flying, but that wasn't all. Rychel loosed his sweater, ripped off his elbow pads and made the first move. Callahan felled Rychel with a heavy right early in the fight, as Rychel leaned right into it and dropped to the ice, his knees buckled. Rychel was wobbly getting to his feet, but made his way to the penalty box. He didn't stay there long. Citing AHL rule 46.13, Rychel was given a game misconduct. The rule reads: "A player who engages in fisticuffs and whose elbow pad(s) are removed other than through the actions of his opponent in the altercation or through the actions of the Linesman, shall be assessed a game misconduct penalty."

What in the **** is Rychel doing this in a game 6 for?

At 1:40. What a meathead. :shakehead

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com.../2016/05/monster-move-on-with-4-3-ot-win.html

What in the **** is Rychel doing this in a game 6 for?

At 1:40. What a meathead. :shakehead

I'm not one of those guys who laments the demise of fighting in the league, but I don't agree with this at all - I give Rychel full props. For a guy whose dedication to this playoff run has been questioned, watching him drop his gloves like that shows his team that he was going to do whatever it took to change momentum.

Not the greatest fight outcome, but by all accounts, the Monsters played a lot better after the fight than before. It may not have been direct cause and effect, but the results suggest it caused a spark.

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
What is it about hockey fans in Michigan flipping off our players when they score?

I am glad they won it last night. This way Monsters fans in Cleveland won't be pissed about not being able to make it to the Nat for game 7. As far as I am concerned, it would have been fun, but I won't lose any sleep over no game here.

This just in Werenski is good at hockey :)

Dexter20

Dec 18, 2013
Worried a little bit about the time change. Hope the boys get out to LA asap to get acclimated with Pacific Time....could be large factor playing at 11pm Eastern Standard

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
A little disappointed not to be making the trip down to Nationwide, but glad the series is over and the Monsters are moving on.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I honestly think Werenski makes the CBJ out of camp next season.

I am almost expecting it at this point. Let's see how he sustains it through the remainder of the playoffs, but as long as he is figuring out the different defensive scheme, you cant argue against the production. It may be a good thing for him to spend a lot of games producing against pros at this rate though. But we will almost certainly see him in Columbus at some point next season. It may not happen out of the gate, but I could see him spending October and maybe November in the AHL until he makes it clear as day that he doesn't belong there. He's SO young. It will be interesting to see what he is capable of when he is playing with people his own age again (outside of the World Juniors, he's been the youngest player around for a while).

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I am almost expecting it at this point. Let's see how he sustains it through the remainder of the playoffs, but as long as he is figuring out the different defensive scheme, you cant argue against the production. It may be a good thing for him to spend a lot of games producing against pros at this rate though. But we will almost certainly see him in Columbus at some point next season. It may not happen out of the gate, but I could see him spending October and maybe November in the AHL until he makes it clear as day that he doesn't belong there. He's SO young. It will be interesting to see what he is capable of when he is playing with people his own age again (outside of the World Juniors, he's been the youngest player around for a while).

He is thriving against men, many of whom are a step away from the NHL.

If we had a rock solid defense I would agree he may have a tough time cracking the line-up. But the reality is other then 3-4 guys, our defense sucks. He has a hell of a shot to be on the team out of camp.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm not one of those guys who laments the demise of fighting in the league, but I don't agree with this at all - I give Rychel full props. For a guy whose dedication to this playoff run has been questioned, watching him drop his gloves like that shows his team that he was going to do whatever it took to change momentum.

Not the greatest fight outcome, but by all accounts, the Monsters played a lot better after the fight than before. It may not have been direct cause and effect, but the results suggest it caused a spark.

100%. Yep

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

The fighting, I can buy. But throwing off your elbow pads, no. Not something you want one of your better players doing in the 3rd period of a playoff game.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The fighting, I can buy. But throwing off your elbow pads, no. Not something you want one of your better players doing in the 3rd period of a playoff game.

That used to be a common thing that happens before fights, just like when people used to take off their helmets. Rychel probably had no idea about the rule, I know I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad