Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Exhibition last night was ugly. The lack of scoring was to be expected with the six best forwards from camp up in Columbus. The defense was worrying (especially shorthanded) and Korpisalo didn't look as good as he did against the Penguins in the Columbus preseason opener (maybe Grand Rapids, who had many of their regulars is just that much better than Wilkes-Barre/Scranton). To be fair, many of the goals seemed to be on shots that would've been very hard to stop.

I couldn't make too many detailed observations as I spent the whole game trying to figure out who was who (no roster sheets provided).

PTO signings and lines in an upcoming post.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
PTO signings

(all forwards)

guys signed on Thursday that I didn't have names for at the time

#39 Derek Deblois
#37 Akim Aliu
#71 Drayson Bowman

just signed yesterday

#14 - Jack Downing

lines (in order of appearance in game, not in LW-C-RW order)
Bowman-Deblois-Aliu
Quenneville-Downing-Heatherington? (only had 11 forwards available, my notes are a mess from this game)
Kovacs-Ambrose-Isackson
Gallant-Moutrey-Wilson

defensive pairings (in order of appearance, not in L-R order)
Heatherington-Sifers
Paliotta-Yevenko
Ramage-Madaisky

Martell dressed as a seventh defenseman

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
The Monsters won tonight, 4-2.

Edit: I misread their twitter and thought they were blaming Sedlak for a goal against. Turns out, it was just an awkward way of saying he scored. :laugh:

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Translated from number to name

Bjorkstrand-Tynan-Craig (Captain)
Deblois-Broadhurst-Milano
Downing-Moutrey-Kovacs
Ambroz-Sedlak--Gallant (Alternate)

Sifers (Alternate)-Heatherington
Madaisky-Yevenko
Wilson-Ramage
Martell (must have been allowed to dress 19 skaters)

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Craig will be the captain in the regular season but it will be interesting to see if any of the alternates will change.

The three "A" s lat night were tonight's two alternates and John Ramage.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Here's a Kalamazoo camp schedule (copy/paste from a cached version of a page that is a 404 error after a k-wings site redesign):

2015 Kalamazoo Wings Training Camp Schedule (All practices at Wings West):

Saturday, October 3- Practice 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.

Sunday, October 4- Practice 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.

Monday, October 5- Practice 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.

Tuesday, October 6- Practice 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.

Wednesday, October 7- No Ice, physical testing

Thursday, October 8- Practice 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.

Friday, Oct. 9th- 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Pregame skate

Saturday Oct 10th- 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Pregame skate

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
When this Monster line-up is set, this is going to be one damn fine team. If the CBJ stay healthy, and the Monsters aren't hit with massive call-ups like Springfield was last season, the sky is the limit for these guys.

My wife and my best friend and his wife will be making at least one weekend trip to Cleveland this season to watch the Monsters. With these prospects being so close, I can't allow myself not to go watch them play.

Are there any Hampton Inn's or Hilton's in the area that offer a shuttle service to and from the games?

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
They are currently building a Hilton in downtown but it won't be open until 2016. There is a Doubletree that offers a shuttle, never had good luck with it picking up from places though.

The Hampton Inn is located in the Public Square area and has a shuttle as well. It's much closer to the arena then the Doubletree and you could very easily walk if you wanted.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
They are currently building a Hilton in downtown but it won't be open until 2016. There is a Doubletree that offers a shuttle, never had good luck with it picking up from places though.

The Hampton Inn is located in the Public Square area and has a shuttle as well. It's much closer to the arena then the Doubletree and you could very easily walk if you wanted.

Thanks MFRONE.

We are Hilton Honors members, and have enough points for a couple free nights. I have friends in the hotel industry and they told me that the Hilton Hotel chain is first class from top to bottom. They have the best cleanliness reputation and their bed bug mitigation is the best in the industry. And these two do not work for Hilton, btw.

That Hampton will probably be our first choice then.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Thanks MFRONE.

We are Hilton Honors members, and have enough points for a couple free nights. I have friends in the hotel industry and they told me that the Hilton Hotel chain is first class from top to bottom. They have the best cleanliness reputation and their bed bug mitigation is the best in the industry. And these two do not work for Hilton, btw.

That Hampton will probably be our first choice then.

Agree with all this.I am lucky that my work allows me to keep all my air miles and hotel points. I am exclusively a Hilton guy. Hampton is the best deal going, I kinda feel like they are the Southwest of hotels.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
No LEM opening night roster until tomorrow.

If it isn't announced by the time i get back from the Jackets and Monsters practices in Strongsville tomorrow, I'll post it here.

By the way, I'm working on an updated chart but having trouble with the Kalamazoo camp roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad