Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeygirl2748

Kreider has not impressed me in any of the games I have seen him play. The kid flops a lot to get penalties. :shakehead Luckily most of time it does not work.

As for Cam, after finally getting over the fact that he was not going to be in the NHL because of the lockout (it lasted about a month), he found his scoring touch. He has off games, like last Friday, but to be fair only 2 players played well that game. Calvert and Joudrey.

JAM, he could have an NHL future if he loses the ego and shuts his mouth. Chirps way too much and takes selfish penalties because of this.

The Rangers fans should have no comment on JAM, he was never an actual Rangers prospect. ;)

Falcons are at Portland tonight. Big game, the Pirates are playing good hockey, the Falcons are not lately.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Kreider has not impressed me in any of the games I have seen him play. The kid flops a lot to get penalties. :shakehead Luckily most of time it does not work.

As for Cam, after finally getting over the fact that he was not going to be in the NHL because of the lockout (it lasted about a month), he found his scoring touch. He has off games, like last Friday, but to be fair only 2 players played well that game. Calvert and Joudrey.

JAM, he could have an NHL future if he loses the ego and shuts his mouth. Chirps way too much and takes selfish penalties because of this.

The Rangers fans should have no comment on JAM, he was never an actual Rangers prospect. ;)

Falcons are at Portland tonight. Big game, the Pirates are playing good hockey, the Falcons are not lately.

Is Savard playing any better? The points sure are piling up for him...

bizzz*

I remember Nash doing this constantly his first few years in the NHL

Probably that's why the Rags fans were saying that he's compairable to Nash.

Now I see that the Falcons are affiliated with the Jackets. They held 2:1 lead and gave up 2 goals in 26 seconds. So familiar.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Falcons lose 3-2 to portland

Johansen from Erixon and Atkinson
Savard from Drazenovic and Holden

York played and stopped 29/32 shots.

At least the top players continuing to put up points even though the falcons are going through some consistency problems. I mean really Schultz should have been in the nhl as long as eberle has. Just the fact that Atkinson was a 6th rd pick and is in the top 3 in scoring says something about his character and determination. They all seemed really focused at the task at hand and seem to playing as a team. Not worrying about whose going to get called up and who your going to be playing with next week.

I think whenever the nhl resumes the jackets are going to suprise a lot of people with the grit and offensive ability the D will posses mixed with some of our younger players and newly acquired players theres a lot of unknowns for the Jackets. Its the team has this huge void that rick nash left and its the first time a lot of the players on the team, new and old have had the oppurtunity to be a real leader and/or be a key player for a team.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
David Savard is KILLING the A this year. 20 points in 26 games as a defender is pretty damn good. I know this is his 3rd season down there but its nice to see the development is starting to pay off. I really dont know what were gonna do with all these defensive studs in the next couple years when it comes to them making the big club.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
David Savard is KILLING the A this year. 20 points in 26 games as a defender is pretty damn good. I know this is his 3rd season down there but its nice to see the development is starting to pay off. I really dont know what were gonna do with all these defensive studs in the next couple years when it comes to them making the big club.

Use them. We have a lot of Dmen, and I dont really see Howson wanting to trade them. We have a mix of vets and youth on D and injuries are sure to happen. Having a deep corps of Dmen will help the club stay consistent down the road. He would be a fool to move some Dmen so soon.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Lets assume we have 6 guys who are legitimate top 4 players a few years down the road. And a couple or three who are legitimate NHL blue liners. I say trade one for a NHL proven top 6 winger.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Lets assume we have 6 guys who are legitimate top 4 players a few years down the road. And a couple or three who are legitimate NHL blue liners. I say trade one for a NHL proven top 6 winger.

Not yet. Let's see how they handle themselves first. The Jackets have so many questions at so many positions I think we need to wait another season before we make any more moves tbh

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
With regards to the defensemen situation, keep them in this situation as long as possible.

That type of competition is good for them. Only when their roles are established should we think about potentially moving one.

At that point it would likely be to move him in a package for a desired forward or, even more likely, for a 1st round pick. Remember, many people don't think that Columbus has the deepest defensive prospect pool in the NHL. They'll give that honor to Pittsburgh or elsewhere. So while we do have studs in Murray, Moore, Savard, and Erixon (along with perhaps others), they are hardly sure-things.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Not yet. Let's see how they handle themselves first. The Jackets have so many questions at so many positions I think we need to wait another season before we make any more moves tbh

Gotta love the internet discussion. First poster states assumption;responder totally ignores assumption. :banghead:

Tis the season. Bah humbug. :laugh:

Hockeygirl2748

Points do not make him a good defenseman. His defense is brutal. Constant turnovers and his skating is horrid. His heart is not there as it was as a rookie. His play angers me, I know if he got back into shape and the right mindset he would be so much better off.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Points do not make him a good defenseman. His defense is brutal. Constant turnovers and his skating is horrid. His heart is not there as it was as a rookie. His play angers me, I know if he got back into shape and the right mindset he would be so much better off.

And I never did say that he's a good defender. You can't tell me he isn't killing the a, at least offensively though. That's good to know an opinion of someone who actually watches the games. How does he compare to Erixon or Moore? Overall game both offensively and defensively? Any idea when Johnny is supposed to be back?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Sounds a lot like a hugely successful defenseman already playing in the NHL. Dustin Byfuglien has been plagued by these sort of scouting reports throughout his entire career - right from his first time on the ice in the WHL. He's turned out just fine.

Granted, one success story doesn't make up for what is surely a ridiculous amount of failures, however, don't write him off just yet.

Hockeygirl2748

And I never did say that he's a good defender. You can't tell me he isn't killing the a, at least offensively though. That's good to know an opinion of someone who actually watches the games. How does he compare to Erixon or Moore? Overall game both offensively and defensively? Any idea when Johnny is supposed to be back?

Moore is the best defenseman we have by quite a bit. He has improved so much in the past season and a half. His judgement on when to join the offensive play is better. Even has picked up the physical game a bit as well.

Erixon needs work. He loves to play an offensive game. Which I understand is his game. He gets caught out of position many times. He then takes penalties to try and catch the player. I like his shot and if he can work on his defense he can be a QB of a PP in the future. Not NHL-ready IMO, needs at least another season to work on his positioning and judgement on when to join the rush and when to stay back.

As for Moore's injury. No timetable and no concrete details. After taking an open ice hit last weekend he had spaghetti legs getting up. Played for the rest of the 3rd...my fear is concussion. We miss him on defense and I hate to see anyone injured, especially John though. Good kid.

Savard is a bigger but less talented version of Erixon. Savard does not use his shot as much as he did his rookie season, he needs to.

Hockeygirl2748

Sounds a lot like a hugely successful defenseman already playing in the NHL. Dustin Byfuglien has been plagued by these sort of scouting reports throughout his entire career - right from his first time on the ice in the WHL. He's turned out just fine.

Granted, one success story doesn't make up for what is surely a ridiculous amount of failures, however, don't write him off just yet.

If he shows more heart I will regain faith in him. I just feel as though he does not put in 100% or even 75% most games. I have not written him off, I was a fan of his play his rookie season. That makes it harder to see how far he has fallen.

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
Wonder how much of his success is due to the defense in front of him.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

A game like last night where he only saw 19 shots makes it easy to say he doesn't have the toughest job in the AHL but at the same time when he's been asked to make a big save he's been there. In my opinion the defense is making his job easier but at the same time he's doing his part helping them look good aswell

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Unless you watch the games, it can be moot. Sure, the other team may have only had 19 shots on goal - but I've seen very good teams not have much success because their goalie either gets bored or distracted and isn't in the game. On the flipside, I've seen teams put up 60 shots on goal from around the perimeter, but lose a game 3-2 because of the 15 or 20 shots they've given up the other way, 10 of them are quality scoring chances.

In any circumstance, the goaltender still has to stop the puck. While I think we'd be kidding ourselves by saying that he's anything more than an AHL starter, you do have to give credit where credit is due. Fact of the matter is, it's a hard job.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Can anyone give me some pointers on the parking situation at MassMutual? I'm driving up there from CT tonight to get a look at Devils players. Googlemaps makes it look like there are some lots around and the website only said there are lots and garages in the area. Is there street parking?

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Any idea when John Moore is supposed to be back? Would love to see where he is compared to Erixon/Savard and why he's "ahead" of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad