Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Sorry about not mentioning the $3 beers. The promo sked just had the $2 hot dogs and $1 sodas when I first saw it.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Affiliate nights when the Blue Jackets are off

Dec. 11 vs. Chicago
Jan. 22 vs. Milwaukee
Jan. 29 vs. Texas
Feb. 26 vs. Rockford
Mar. 18 vs. Manitoba
Mar. 25 vs. Rockford

There's no CBJ game scheduled for the day of the finale on Apr. 15 vs. Charlotte, but that is a potential playoff conflict.

For those looking to make a weekend of it without missing a home game, the two late January dates have day games the following day. There are also Cavaliers games those Saturday nights, but they are big ABC national telecast games, so tickets will be on the steep end even by Cavs standards.

Also, for any OU alums on here, the day after the Chicago game, the Bobcats will be playing at the Q (Cleveland State home game). There is another Monsters game that night, but you'd have to miss the CBJ/Islanders game.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Monsters training camp info/schedule

http://www.lakeeriemonsters.com/team/news/monsters-start-training-camp-monday

If you come up here for camp, the practice rink is off of I-71. If coming from Columbus, take 71 North to Royalton Road (first exit after the Cuyahoga County line) and turn right coming off the exit. The rink will be on your right very soon after.

If coming from Cleveland, take I-71 South to the second Royalton Road exit* and continue straight on Royalton after the exit. Again, the rink will be on your right soon after.

*Columbusites, don't worry about looking for two Rpyalton Road ramps. There's only one northbound. The extra Southbound one is so that people headed home or to the Metroparks (and thus in the opposite direction of the mall) do not have to contend with mall traffic. A good C-Bus comparison would be the separate Gemini and Polaris exits (from a common ramp) Northbound (coming from Columbus) and the one exit onto Gemini Southbound.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
No LEM camp roster released yet (apparently not public info, even at practice they aren't distributing roster sheets).

Is this standard practice for the Jackets (keeping minor league camp roster secret) or do they likely have a guy in on a tryout they don't want people knowing about? I ask because this is the first time the Monsters have not released a camp roster prior to the first workout.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Don't know how the final roster shakes out or who some of the invitees are, but this very well could be the Opening Night roster for LEM:

Milano-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Rychel-Chaput-Anderson
Craig-Tynan-Zaar
Gallant-Broadhurt-Moutrey/Hannikanen

Sedlak, Vogelhuber, Ambroz, Quenneville?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Don't know how the final roster shakes out or who some of the invitees are, but this very well could be the Opening Night roster for LEM:

Milano-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Rychel-Chaput-Anderson
Craig-Tynan-Zaar
Gallant-Broadhurt-Moutrey/Hannikanen

Sedlak, Vogelhuber, Ambroz, Quenneville?

I'd flip Tynan and Chaput.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Tynan you probably could, Chaput might be tougher. :laugh:

hwrj9.jpg

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Shawn Mitchell@smitchcd
AHL Lake Erie Monsters will appear live on
Fox Sports Ohio 3x this season: 1/22
(Milwaukee), 2/20 (San Antonio) 3/25
(Rockford)..

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I was at camp today. here's the lines i saw (note, I didn't take note of alignments, so these are not in LW-C-RW order).

Craig-Tynan-Bjorkstrand
Quenneville-Milano-Broadhurst
Moutrey-Ambroz-Isackson
Kovacs-Sedlak-Gallant

Ramage-Paliotta
Heatherington-Sifers
Madaisky-Yevenko
Martell-Wilson

Vogelhuber was not on the ice today

For anybody attending camp tomorrow or Thursday:

- players' jerseys are unnumbered
- numbers are on front and back of skaters' helmets
- rosters are available on the front row of the bleachers at center ice
- Isackson's number is 23 (no number on roster sheet)

Goalie spotter guide
- big CBJ logo on side of mask - Forsberg
- blue mask with white and red stripes - Korpisalo
- light blue mask - Thiessen

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I was at camp today. here's the lines i saw (note, I didn't take note of alignments, so these are not in LW-C-RW order).

Craig-Tynan-Bjorkstrand
Quenneville-Milano-Broadhurst
Moutrey-Ambroz-Isackson
Kovacs-Sedlak-Gallant

Ramage-Paliotta
Heatherington-Sifers
Madaisky-Yevenko
Martell-Wilson

Vogelhuber was not on the ice today

For anybody attending camp tomorrow or Thursday:

- players' jerseys are unnumbered
- numbers are on front and back of skaters' helmets
- rosters are available on the front row of the bleachers at center ice
- Isackson's number is 23 (no number on roster sheet)

Goalie spotter guide
- big CBJ logo on side of mask - Forsberg
- blue mask with white and red stripes - Korpisalo
- light blue mask - Thiessen

awesome. great information. thank you!

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
By the way, I will be at Thursday's practice and Friday's exhibition game. I hope to have some more detailed observations from those days.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Dispatches from Strongsville:

Here's the lines from today's practice (again, no particular order):

Bjorkstrand-Milano-Tynan (Tynan left practice injured)
Quenneville-Craig-Broadhurst
Sedlak-Kovacs-Moutrey
Isackson-Ambroz-Gallant (Vogelhuber is back on the ice and ran some drills replacing a member oif this line)

defensive pairs

Heatherington-Sifers
Madaisky-Paliotta
Ramage-Yevenko
Martell-Wilson

Do I need to be worried about Bjorkstrand being cocky/overconfident? He was doing goal celebrations after wscoring in practice drills.

Vogelhuber was participating fully in drills, but you could tell he was a step or teo below full speed.

Yevenko looked pretty good. I was especially impressed by his stickhandling and checking (yes, anyone that big can deliver a big hit, but his technique seemed solid, too, making the hit even bigger).

Gallant's ability to aim the puck and wilson's play along the boards also stood out.

The practice seemed heavy on pucks along the board and defensemen taking shots.

There also seemed to be a higher coaching huddles to on-ice activity ratio than Tuesday.

Thiessen appeared to be a bit on the periphery of the team during practice.

Also, coaches came up to him and Kovacs following practice. Tney may be headed to Kalamazoo Wings camp.

There were two new players in camp, but since their PTOs had yet to be announced, their names could not be disclosed to fans attending the practice.

Obviously, it will be easier to evaluate players tomorrow night when they are not in a controlled environment and going up against guys who don't also have a giant lake monster on their chest.

late tomorrow night or early Saturday, I'll post my thoughts on the BGSU exhibition game.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dispatches from Strongsville:

Do I need to be worried about Bjorkstrand being cocky/overconfident? He was doing goal celebrations after wscoring in practice drills.

I wouldn't be. Kid probably just trying to live up practice and have some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad