Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Same lines as yesterfday for forwards. Defense lines rotated too much for me to figure out.

Ir looks like they will be gong with two prospect lines

Milano-Broadhurst-Hannikainen
Rychel-Tynan-Bjorkstrand

One veteran line

Craig-Chaput-Vogelhuber

and a fourth line of

Moutrey-Sedlak-Gallant

The healthy scratches look like

Ambroz
Deblois

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
No word on Bowman actually being added to the Cincy roster.

Also not sure what Deblois contract status (PTO or SPC) is.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Same lines as yesterfday for forwards. Defense lines rotated too much for me to figure out.

Ir looks like they will be gong with two prospect lines

Rychel-Tynan-Bjorkstrand

One veteran line

Craig-Chaput-Vogelhuber

and a fourth line of

Moutrey-Sedlak-Gallant

The healthy scratches look like

Ambroz
Deblois

Those first 3 lines look amazing.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
2015-10-09: Amerks 6, Monsters 3

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1014694
Lake Erie Monsters 3 at Rochester Americans 6 - Status: Final
Friday, October 9, 2015 - Blue Cross Arena

Lake Erie 1 2 0 - 3
Rochester 3 0 3 - 6

1st Period-1, Rochester, Leduc 1 (Varone, Austin), 1:25. 2, Rochester, Akeson 1 (Rodrigues, Ruhwedel), 3:11. 3, Lake Erie, Craig 1 (Paliotta, Tynan), 7:08 (PP). 4, Rochester, Ellis 1 (Dupuy, Prapavessis), 12:42. Penalties-Akeson Rch (slashing), 6:24; Moutrey Le (tripping), 7:38.

2nd Period-5, Lake Erie, Hannikainen 1 (Broadhurst), 1:42. 6, Lake Erie, Kukan 1 (Broadhurst, Rychel), 17:48 (PP). Penalties-Falk Le (slashing), 13:18; Carrier Rch (high-sticking), 15:48; Austin Rch (interference), 16:13.

3rd Period-7, Rochester, Catenacci 1 (Robak), 0:47 (PP). 8, Rochester, Ellis 2 (Leduc, Dupuy), 12:27. 9, Rochester, Ellis 3 (Dupuy), 18:42 (EN). Penalties-Tynan Le (tripping), 0:42; Varone Rch (unsportsmanlike conduct), 1:58; Tynan Le (tripping), 7:34.

Shots on Goal-Lake Erie 9-15-14-38. Rochester 12-6-6-24.
Power Play Opportunities-Lake Erie 2 / 4; Rochester 1 / 4.
Goalies-Lake Erie, Forsberg 0-1-0 (23 shots-18 saves). Rochester, Lieuwen 1-0-0 (38 shots-35 saves).
A-6,620
Referees-David Banfield (77), Dave Lewis (46).
Linesmen-Devin Berg (34), Brian Oliver (74).

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
By the way, scratched defensemen last night were Heatherington, Madaisky, and Ramage. Not sure if any were hurt as the only way to keep track of Monsters injuries is to listen to the radio pregame (I often lose track during long homestands because I'm at the game instead of listening on radio).

Scratched forwards were, as I guessed earlier, Ambroz and Deblois.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Well, the Jackets got the Cincinnati Cyclones involved in the CBJ organization somehow. Thiessen (now apparently on AHL SPC) and Quenneville assigned to the Queen City

The following is from Aaron Portzline's Puckrakers blog dated 10-6 titled I-71 Connection

-- Look for Lake Erie to send two or three players to the ECHL today. The Blue Jackets are still affiliated with Kalamazoo, but NHL teams have an option this season to put their players in any ECHL market. So, don't be surprised to see some of the Monsters get sent down to, say, Cincinnati, instead of the 'Zoo.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Hey guys, Pens fan here but live in Cleveland. I usually go to a few Monsters games per year. Now that they are the Blue Jackets affiliate, I don't know many of the players (other than Milano and Rychel). I am going to the home opener on Friday and was wondering if anyone could provide an overview of players to watch, team expectations, etc. Thanks!

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
By the way, "A"s are Bodnarchuk and Sifers. I seem to recall talk of rotating "A"s throughout the season but that is not the case from what I have heard.

Also, once Zaar and Anderson are assigned, their numbers will be 27 and 77 respectively.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
The following is from Aaron Portzline's Puckrakers blog dated 10-6 titled I-71 Connection

-- Look for Lake Erie to send two or three players to the ECHL today. The Blue Jackets are still affiliated with Kalamazoo, but NHL teams have an option this season to put their players in any ECHL market. So, don't be surprised to see some of the Monsters get sent down to, say, Cincinnati, instead of the 'Zoo.

Given that two Wings were in camp as tryouts, I get a feeling that the Wings affiliation may be more about midseason reinforcements and the Cyclones are being used to stash contracted players (2-way or AHL) who don't have any playing time available to them in Cleveland.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Serious question for mods:

Since Quenneville is on an AHL deal with the Monsters but assigned to the Cincinnati Cyclones (not an affiliate), should his ECHL performance be discussed here or the Prospects Thread?

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Bjorkstrand-Tynan-Rychel
Craig-Chaput-Vogelhuber
Moutrey-Sedlak-Gallant

Bodnarchuk-Falk
Sifers-Kukan
Yevenko-Paliotta

Forsberg
Korpisalo

Scratch - Heatherington, Deblois

Did Not Travel - Madaisky, Ramage, Ambroz

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Jackets themed jerseys for the Monster Ice Crew

For those who missed it when I posted the "Everything you need to know about the Monsters" when the affiliation was first announced, the women are not part of the Ice Crew. The Monsters have an NBA-style dance team and the ice is cleared by Hanson Brothers impersonators known as the Mullet Brothers.

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Bjorkstrand-Tynan-Rychel
Craig-Chaput-Vogelhuber
Moutrey-Sedlak-Gallant

Bodnarchuk-Falk
Sifers-Kukan
Yevenko-Paliotta

Forsberg
Korpisalo