Confirmed Trade: [LAK/OTT] Christian Wolanin for Michael Amadio

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I'm surprised Kings got something for Amadio. They put him on waivers. Senators could have claimed him without giving up any assets. To me, this may clue in on how good/bad is Wolanin.
Just a contract swap as both players cleared waivers. A claim by either team would have used another roster spot. Not sure about LA but Ottawa will likely be using unused spots to sign NCAA prospects shortly

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Jaret-Anderson Dolan is the reason Amadio is no longer on the Kings. More of the filler players like Luff, Lizotte, Wagner etc will get moved once the AHL prospects are ready to fill in. Happy to get a D for him since that is our biggest need for both the farm and NHL squad this year.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Pretty safe to say both squads likely have better coming, and both will be used for the remainder of the season and little else

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ok how did a depth trade turn into a bash Doughty thread???Doughty is still a fine defender people ,can we move past this and talk about this very important trade for both clubs.....Lol

Reactions: Lt Dan

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Great! Now Sens can go back to playing Brannstrom on LD3. Always liked Wolanin, but he had to go. He was easily a 4-5 puck moving 2PP guy before injuries took their toll.

Whats funny it seems the Kings did the exact same thing with their guy. Trading a guy blocking better players.

Reactions: topshelf15

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
From what I’ve seen of LA’s farm team they need some serious help on the back end. This deal helps get some more structure for their young guys

Reactions: topshelf15

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Amadio (if re-signed) meets the expansion draft exposure requirements. Ottawa until now was potentially only able to expose one forward who met the games played requirement. Acquiring Amadio (and subsequently re-signing him) will potentially allow them to protect another regular player.

Wolanin was done in Ottawa a week ago. The AHL could have used him but it was known he wasn't coming back in to the NHL team.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
In the Sens games I've watched, Wolanin consistently looked like the worst defenseman on the team. Terrible defensively and for a supposed "offensive defenseman", he couldn't pass to save his life.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd certainly have taken Wolanin for a nothing throwaway flyer for the Canucks. He's had a rough season and he's really pushing beyond that "prospect" age range, but there's still a little of potential to be a decent bottom-pairing sort of defender with a useful skillset. Needs an opportunity to just play through it and get back to what he was building on before. Canucks probably have that opportunity. So do the Kings though, i suppose.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
In the Sens games I've watched, Wolanin consistently looked like the worst defenseman on the team. Terrible defensively and for a supposed "offensive defenseman", he couldn't pass to save his life.

This is the interesting thing to me with Wolanin. There's a lot of it in this thread, where people seem to be pegging him as an "offensive defenceman". Which seems weird to me. He always read more like a mobile defenceman, hold the offense. Which can be a tricky thing to break into, as a "bottom-pairing" sort of player. Not being a stalwart stay-at-home defensive defenceman, nor an actual offensive generator. Just sorta...existing. Feels like the same sort of rut Mete is stuck in with Montreal. He's not really anything...but you can still use those guys as depth. They're still useful, if you don't expect them to be something they're not.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I'm surprised Senators got something for Wolanin. They put him on waivers. Kings could have claimed him without giving up any assets. To me, this may clue in on how good/bad is Amadio

I like how you think you got “something”.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
As a Kings fan...

This was not the young, dynamic LHD for one of our young centers trade that I was looking for...

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Amadio can still bounce back and become a useful player. He showed some promise earlier in his career but has had a poor season now that the team needed him to step up the most. That is why he became a whipping boy, he was cast in roles he was not ready for and took a step back.

If he can find his game again he's a hardworking two way forward with good hockey sense. Right now he's just a warm body.

Hopefully both he and Wolanin can grow from this change of scenery.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad