Confirmed Trade: [LAK/OTT] Christian Wolanin for Michael Amadio

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
I'm surprised Kings got something for Amadio. They put him on waivers. Senators could have claimed him without giving up any assets. To me, this may clue in on how good/bad is Wolanin.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm surprised Kings got something for Amadio. They put him on waivers. Senators could have claimed him without giving up any assets.

Similar story with Wolanin.

As a Sens fan it will be interesting to see how LA uses Wolanin, he needs playing time to regain his form after missing almost all of last year due to injury but his game in the NHL has been underwhelming. He also needs to play in the NHL to avoid group VI ufa status.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I'm surprised Kings got something for Amadio. They put him on waivers. Senators could have claimed him without giving up any assets. To me, this may clue in on how good/bad is Wolanin.

Wolanin just cleared waivers the other day. He has a higher ceiling than Amadio but is running out of time to reach it. Hasn't looked like an NHLer this season.

Reactions: Altimus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
LA doing some reshaping lately, they were pissed about the last few games and it shows with little moves, but lots of smoke of bigger ones to come...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wolanin just cleared waivers the other day. He has a higher ceiling than Amadio but is running out of time to reach it. Hasn't looked like an NHLer this season.

Similarly, Amadio's looked good, very good depth guy, production just never showed up and he ran out of time here. Basically Nick Shore with better hands and worse decision making with the puck at this point, but I still think there's upside. But I'm an Amadio cheerleader, he came in looking like Mark Stone-lite, and just morphed into a giant ball of vanilla.

Reactions: yankeeking

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Sometimes there's a fallacy that claiming somebody on waivers is free merely in terms of assets without considering salary. Ottawa was fine with sending back Wolanin's (prorated) 1 mil salary for Amadio's 700K.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Really good bet by the Sens. I'm assuming Nick Paul might've put a word in for Amadio.

I've actually liked what I've seen from Amadio in the past. Has a decent range of skill in his game, but it seems things went off the rails a bit post-covid.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
This screams change of scenery trade to me. I don't know enough about their individual playstyles but neither have stuck with their team and could be looking for fresh starts.

Reactions: topshelf15

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Wolanin wrecked his shoulder last year. Doesn't look like he's fully recovered, and it has taken some of his offensive flair.

Now he doesn't have the offense to make up for his lackluster defence. I think he can get his game back, but he needs a team that is patient with him

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad