Confirmed Trade: [LAK/OTT] Christian Wolanin for Michael Amadio

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Amadio has talent and some vision in brief flashes. Not very fast. A non factor most nights. Top line AHLer but bottom six forward.

Another Shore, Weal, Kozun, Vey, etc. etc.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Amadio has talent and some vision in brief flashes. Not very fast. A non factor most nights. Top line AHLer but bottom six forward.

Another Shore, Weal, Kozun, Vey, etc. etc.
Wolanin really looked good in his first callup with us,providing some decent secondary puck moving ability...But he had bad injury to his shoulder,and it has set him back...Also him being 26 and a likely UFA it just made sense...Hopefully it can work for both teams ,but with prospect pools both team possess...It does seem unlikely

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Blake said we needed to get bigger Wolanin does that at 6 '2 Let him play in the ahl and hopefully in a couple weeks he ll replace MacDermid on the nhl roster

Reactions: topshelf15

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Ah, Craig's kid.

I guess picking up Claude's kid wasn't enough this week.

Kings sure love kids.

Hasn't worked out great for Andy's kid thus far. Mixed bag for Paul's kid. Alfie's kid is struggling, but we still have high hopes. Jussi's kid is admittedly a longshot.

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
Lol, I haven't been on HF in some time. People still Doughty is good? Amazing.

His point totals look all right so far. Can't complain from our end.

upload_2021-3-29_15-50-33.png

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Blake said we needed to get bigger Wolanin does that at 6 '2 Let him play in the ahl and hopefully in a couple weeks he ll replace MacDermid on the nhl roster

He has some offensive flair but he plays like he’s 5’9 so the size isn’t really a big plus with Wolanin

Reactions: Altimus and funky

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I'm surprised Kings got something for Amadio. They put him on waivers. Senators could have claimed him without giving up any assets. To me, this may clue in on how good/bad is Wolanin.
Alot of the time it has to do with contracts. Sens are 45/50 maybe they don't want to be over 45 contracts possibly.

Reactions: Altimus

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
He has some offensive flair but he plays like he’s 5’9 so the size isn’t really a big plus with Wolanin
Well since our defense suck at getting any offensive production (other then drew) I'll take what i can get

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Man I am so out of the loop, I thought Amadio was LA’s next Jarret Stoll, aka grindey 3C with a little offense.

Stumbling Jack

Jan 4, 2013
Valencia
Man I am so out of the loop, I thought Amadio was LA’s next Jarret Stoll, aka grindey 3C with a little offense.

I had high hopes he'd fill that role the last couple of seasons. He's been frustrating because you'll see some great play from Amadio and then it's gone..

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I liked the fact we had a guy like Amadio in the AHL to show the young pups just how good a person could be and not stick in the NHL. He was around the Kings enough to learn the pro lifestyle and what it took and he did at one time have good skill.

he is still a high skill player at the AHL level and I think that was a bonus for our youth.

hope he does okay in Ottawa.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
People said that Wolanin looked better when he played under Guy Boucher, but defensemen usually look better under defensive coaches.

I haven't liked what I've seen. He looks alright skating the puck from the faceoff dot to the blueline, like something might happen. It never does. He's soft defensively and he started the season by running around the D-zone like a chicken with it's head cut off. That said, he could still have a future as the offensive partner on a bottom pairing, but some assembly will be required.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I remember when Kings fans used to claim this guy was the most underrated prospect in the league

he was phenomenal in juniors and then in the ahl, he played a bit like mike richards, and then when he got to the nhl he showed he had the physical fortitude of a wet piece of bread

cant believe hes finally gone lmao im so happy

i dont see a spot for wolanin with the kings, but if he can help settle things down defensively for the reign im game

Reactions: LAKings88 and MMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad