Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NYR] Lias Andersson for 60th overall

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Who knows. Things spiral, relationships sour. There's some upside here for Andersson to be a middle six winger on a Kings team that definitely has the space for a guy his age. Andersson was a reach at 7, but I think the Kings should give him a chance and see what happens. The Kings' prospect depth is pretty ridiculous at this point, so this is a swing-for-the-fences kind of deal. What does a highly motivated Lias Andersson look like?

a slower version of Pageau. He won’t score as much as JGP would. His footwork is just not there. Perhaps more of a D-bag. Most scouts had him most NHL ready for his draft class. That’s the crazy part. I think their projection was Jesper fast with attitude. If all goes well could still be a pretty effective player

Reactions: Lt Dan

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lias could be a bottom 6 guy but there is the problem. He thinks he's better than that. Good thing for LA is it seems they have a lot of good prospects so I guess they feel its worth it if A)Has attitude change B) Improves his skating C) wants to come back to north america.
Was thinking he was probably worth around a 4th/5th rounder.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think he can become a helpful bottom 6 guy still. Has some issues with mental health, but those things can be worked on and overcome, especially for someone so young. Looked pretty good last year in preseason. Needs skating work still but isn’t slow to the point of being useless by any means.

NYR had to move him, he wasn’t coming back here no matter what. His last interview he was very candid and mature about what happened but then still refused to say if he’d ever come back. Why keep that hanging over an asset? Glad they moved on, I hope he can put it together still.

I think that's another way LA is the perfect situation for him.

He'll be a small fish in a big pond, he's not one of our top prospects (he was for the rangers at one time, obviously not so much now);
His pops is around;
He'll be reunited with Moverare and Grundstrom from his WJCs and several other character swedes like Bjornfot and Fagemo;
Kings have a lot of resources spearheaded by Brantt Myhres as a result of some, uh, indiscretions in the 2010s.

The Kings place a premium on character in drafting too so if he sucks and can't overcome his concerns with the kind of support LA has AND after realizing after NYR this is his only real shot, then he's toast.

Reactions: haveandare

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I'm surprised LA gave up as much as they did for a player who was openly disgruntled.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Very surprised he didn't go to Edmonton.

From what I recall, Detroit had them high on their list when Holland was in Detroit.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think that's another way LA is the perfect situation for him.

He'll be a small fish in a big pond, he's not one of our top prospects (he was for the rangers at one time, obviously not so much now);
His pops is around;
He'll be reunited with Moverare and Grundstrom from his WJCs and several other character swedes like Bjornfot and Fagemo;
Kings have a lot of resources spearheaded by Brantt Myhres as a result of some, uh, indiscretions in the 2010s.

The Kings place a premium on character in drafting too so if he sucks and can't overcome his concerns with the kind of support LA has AND after realizing after NYR this is his only real shot, then he's toast.
Yesh I think this is as good a second chance as possible for him. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him stick and be useful there, but it wasn’t going to happen in NY for whatever reason

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This trade is honestly pretty similar to the Olli Maatta trade. One of two things will happen: Maatta and Andersson will carve out roles for themselves over the next two years while the Kings’ premier prospects continue to develop, or they won’t and won’t be missed. Low risk, high reward. There are a lot of players ahead of both guys in the Kings’ long-term plans.

Reactions: Kendo

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Good that Lias will be around his father. Quinn was an idiot towards Lias and Lias didn't handle his NHL debut well. Trade should be good for both teams. Kid the Rangers took seems to be a favorite of a lot of analyst. Unfortunately they took Lias with the 7th pick. Fortunately made up for it with the 21st pick on Chytil. Also got TDA in that deal for Stepan who I know was done when they made that trade. He was fat, lazy and overpaid. So basically it was Stepan for TDA and a power forward prospect. Still a huge win for the Rangers.

Lias is not slow. He gets where he needs to go. In the dirty areas. Loser Rangers fans in our fan base get offended because Lias asked for a trade but have no issue with Fox, Hayes and Vesey screwing their teams over to come play for NY. Hypocrites.
Pretty big difference between a draft pick not signing snd what happened with Lias here. He wasn’t treated perfectly but few players are, almost all of them handle it exponentially better than he did. I think LA is ideal for him though, should be interesting to see how he develops with them.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Good that Lias will be around his father. Quinn was an idiot towards Lias and Lias didn't handle his NHL debut well. Trade should be good for both teams. Kid the Rangers took seems to be a favorite of a lot of analyst. Unfortunately they took Lias with the 7th pick. Fortunately made up for it with the 21st pick on Chytil. Also got TDA in that deal for Stepan who I know was done when they made that trade. He was fat, lazy and overpaid. So basically it was Stepan for TDA and a power forward prospect. Still a huge win for the Rangers.

Lias is not slow. He gets where he needs to go. In the dirty areas. Loser Rangers fans in our fan base get offended because Lias asked for a trade but have no issue with Fox, Hayes and Vesey screwing their teams over to come play for NY. Hypocrites.

LOL, my guy. You had a good post until you needed to continue with a second paragraph.

Lias is slow. Calgary recouped assets for Fox. I'm pretty sure that they're happy with Lindholm. Just try to post a trade proposal for him if you need further confirmation.

Carolina also recouped assets for Fox. We paid a 2nd and a 3rd for a guy drafted with a 3rd.

I don't like the fact that college guys can effectively bypass the draft, but at least neither Hayes nor Vesey reneged on their signed contracts. Lias is a bit of an outlier comparatively.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Fox Hayes and Vesey did not quit on their teams in the middle of a run like Andersson did in the AHL to go to Europe when things were not working well or going his way. Andersson would be lucky to be an AHL vet kind of career. He will be back in Europe in a few years.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Doubt it. If you told me a year ago that Lias would top out as a #3C I would have been thrilled. Shit this year a #4C would have thrilled me.

My guess is third or fourth line winger for LA, but the Kings can give him a shot up and down the lineup.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
My guess is third or fourth line winger for LA, but the Kings can give him a shot up and down the lineup.
He always left me with the impression that he would score big goals if he ever became an NHL regular.

He’s a poor skater, not particularly skilled at anything except garbage goals; Right time right place stuff. Good IQ but doesn’t have the pace to go with it.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
He always left me with the impression that he would score big goals if he ever became an NHL regular.

He’s a poor skater, not particularly skilled at anything except garbage goals; Right time right place stuff. Good IQ but doesn’t have the pace to go with it.

I think it's brilliant that the Rangers were able to dump him for a good pick. I feel they should do the same with Libor Hajek - whose not a good player either.

No idea why the Rangers traded Joey Keane though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad