Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NYR] Lias Andersson for 60th overall

RoyalDuder

Dec 26, 2011
NY
So happy to be rid of him. He's got too many immaturity issues that it'll take maybe another season or two across the pond to work out. I like the player we nabbed with the pick too.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
That's funny because I like them.

Look at my avatar. One of my favorite players.
Been a big DeAngelo fan since he was in JR.
Love Ziba.
Like Chytil.
Like Fox.
Like Andersson
Like Robertson

1) I think some NYR fans way overrate some of their pieces and flood the Trade board with ridiculously unrealistic and unfair proposals.
2) I don't like when people jump on kids because things don't work out for them in their organization

So.... sorry if you think I don't like your favorite team when I actually kinda do. I hope you'll be ok.
Every teams boards has their fair share of numbskulls, most probably mean well. Maybe a few of those aforementioned numbskulls have jumped on Lias but I believe that most are evaluating him on his play and his actions. He hasn’t done well in N.A. Happy you like us but You’re not a fan and your gag seems to be to jump on those who somehow have offended your version of sensibility. we’re brutally good at keeping each other honest and don’t really require the outside help.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I’ll take your word on that!
upload_2020-10-7_12-45-11.jpeg

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I have been to most cities and no. Not even close.
NY is it's own class of shithole
This classy comment brought to you by a world traveler who compares shitholes for a living. No, I do not live there. The book:
The 100 Best Shitholes to Live in, is available on Amazon.

Reactions: jacko23

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
damn 7th to 60th in 3 years

makes even the Rasmussen pick look good in comparison which as a Wings fan is hilarious

Reactions: jacko23

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think he can become a helpful bottom 6 guy still. Has some issues with mental health, but those things can be worked on and overcome, especially for someone so young. Looked pretty good last year in preseason. Needs skating work still but isn’t slow to the point of being useless by any means.

NYR had to move him, he wasn’t coming back here no matter what. His last interview he was very candid and mature about what happened but then still refused to say if he’d ever come back. Why keep that hanging over an asset? Glad they moved on, I hope he can put it together still.

Reactions: Kendo

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I like the trade for both teams. Kid wasn’t working in NY. They recoup a pick and grab a good prospect. LA has the kids dad I. The organization, should know the inside scoop/ demons.

if it’s a maturity thing LA has the time to wait a few years for him to mature. He will not be under the microscope as a 7th overall pick but rather as a late 2nd round gamble that may need time to mature.

if we look at him only as an in ice prospect there looks to be bottom 6 promise. Hopefully a fresh start gets him there. If not we took a chance with an extra pick. Hey we just drafted Chromiak in the 5th and he was targeted in the 2nd so that Is almost like making our 3rd pick in the second.

Ranger fans enjoy your pick, Andersson is now our problem.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Still will be shocked if this kid becomes an NHL regular. Hes a player who could be a bottom 6 energy guy with feel around the net. But he is so incredibly slow I cant see him ever lasting in the league. He skates with bricks attached to his feet

then cries and goes back to sweden when hes not handed top 6 minutes

Reactions: RangersFan1994

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Good that Lias will be around his father. Quinn was an idiot towards Lias and Lias didn't handle his NHL debut well. Trade should be good for both teams. Kid the Rangers took seems to be a favorite of a lot of analyst. Unfortunately they took Lias with the 7th pick. Fortunately made up for it with the 21st pick on Chytil. Also got TDA in that deal for Stepan who I know was done when they made that trade. He was fat, lazy and overpaid. So basically it was Stepan for TDA and a power forward prospect. Still a huge win for the Rangers.

Lias is not slow. He gets where he needs to go. In the dirty areas. Loser Rangers fans in our fan base get offended because Lias asked for a trade but have no issue with Fox, Hayes and Vesey screwing their teams over to come play for NY. Hypocrites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad