Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NYR] Lias Andersson for 60th overall

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think it's brilliant that the Rangers were able to dump him for a good pick. I feel they should do the same with Libor Hajek - whose not a good player either.

No idea why the Rangers traded Joey Keane though...
Traded strength for a need. I agree Hajek also sucks though. :laugh:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
iu
These are good.

Reactions: bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
LA was obviously destined for LA.

Hope he puts it back together, in all seriousness.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
The best trades are ones that both sides are happy with. Hope the guy the rangers selected works out.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
What a horrendous pick that was, damn.

It really was, all things considered. It was our "safe pick" after we didn't get Pettersson. We missed out on quite a few centers that draft, which would have changed our current situation. All we can do now is hope the 2nd C we drafted in 2017 (Chytil @ #21) hits his potential, which may actually end being as a wing.

Happy this "saga" is behind us and we got something out of it. Whether or not that pans out only time can tell. But I'm also happy that he gets a chance somewhere else and a fresh start. I don't hate him at all, and I find it silly when fans of any team hate on players who just don't pan out with their respective team for whatever reason unless it's something really clearly defined as bad. I don't see that with him. Just a situation that didn't work out. With LA's center depth he's got a steep hill to climb to make that roster as a center but I do think he can have an NHL career ahead of him, just more as a 4th liner (or 3rd), C or LW, if he rounds out some aspects of his game. He's only 21 (well, 22 in a week) and has 59 NHL and 49 AHL games on record. Best of luck to Andersson and to Cuylle!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
If there is one thing LA needs is centers. All they have is Kopitar, Byfield, Vilardi, Kupari, Turcotte, Madden and now Andersson :nod:

I probably forgot a few.

I'm not a fan of Lias what so ever but I think if he has any chance to make an impact it's at LW and 2nd pp unit in front of the net.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Seems like a decent gamble when you already have a solid prospect pool. The Kings are lacking in players in the age group Anderson is in and I expect them to make similar moves.

Reactions: Rorschach

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I think Lias can still put it together. But LA?!? They have so many centers. Lias doesn't stand a chance behind Kopitar, Turcotte, Byfield, Vilardi, Kupari, Madden. Organizationally, this makes no sense but I like the value.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
huge value loss for Rangers but they had to move on, and move on from this chapter quickly which is good for them. 60th pick just 3 years ago it was the 7th pick. But things happen.

I don't think many gms were interested in a guy who left the team because he wasn't in the NHL. Of course he's given a clean slate with the Kings right now hope it works out for all.

The good for Rangers, they move on and move on quickly and close this chapter.
The bad is that it was a 7th pick 3 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad