Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NYR] Lias Andersson for 60th overall

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Oh that Griffin Reinhart pick was as bad as it gets.

That said I'm ready to make a bet the Isles "recovery" from the Reinhart pick will be muuuuch better than the rangers "recovery" from the Andersson one.

I'm willing to bet that the Rangers in the very near future will be kicking the crap out of the Islanders for over a decade.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Lias' brain in the defensive zone, intercepting, transitions are his strengths, too bad his legs seldomly got him in position in time to make the play (on an NHL level).

ExileNZ

Apr 1, 2009
Cant say that I see much future in LA and he would never have returned to the rangers. Those bridges were burnt and there was no turning back.

The Rangers got better than expected value for him. LA must have looked at its people, the culture in the organisation and decided that they can create an environment where he can grow and potentially succeed.
Several young swedes incl. his 'best mate' Jakob Moverare might help him settle and provide the support network that was non-existent with the Rangers. And that's not on the Rangers, most players don't need that support network...

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Personally, I thought Lias hated Quinn with a passion and he had his reasons why. I think he will be incredibly motivated to make an example of Quinn that you don't play favorites like Howden and Smith when they stink. Howden still has potentially but he's not the talent Lias is.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
At this point Turcotte might not even play center in LA. We’ve got Byfield, Kopitar, Vilardi, and about 10 other quality center prospects.

Well. If they all hit as NHL players just forced onto wing a good fantasy strategy would be to draft them one season and dominate the FO column. Lol.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
What a fall. From 7th overall to 60th
Rob Blake felt bad about misleading Gorton so he threw him a bone. Good thing Gorton didn’t draft Vilardi who was rated top 10 in the draft. Who needs RH Centre men when you could draft NHL ready malcontent crybaby

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Personally, I thought Lias hated Quinn with a passion and he had his reasons why. I think he will be incredibly motivated to make an example of Quinn that you don't play favorites like Howden and Smith when they stink. Howden still has potentially but he's not the talent Lias is.
You mean Gorton since those are his boys right?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'm willing to bet that the Rangers in the very near future will be kicking the crap out of the Islanders for over a decade.
How much are you willing to bet and how will one define "kicking the crap"? Wondering if your bold statement after being put in your place about Reinhart might actually have you open your wallet.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Did Andersson's stock fall that much? Isn't he still a blue chip prospect?
Even in the AHL he never really lit it up at all. Around .5 PPG and a horrible +/- (yes I know flawed stat but you would think a top pick at center could atleast step up and help his teams 5v5).

Seems like he's going to be more of a project than a prospect at this point, worthwhile gamble on LAs part, I would have liked to see my team send a 3rd for him but looks like LA gambled with all their picks.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
He's got the talent. The problem is his skating and he's an entitled, spoiled brat. His dad works for the Kings, nepotism at its best right here.

It's too bad. If he was willing to work hard he could've become a gritty 2-way C (2nd liner).

I think he'll top out as a #3 C IF he gets his shit together.
Nepotism? You don't know Rob Blake. No way did his dad have any sway in this.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
This is a win-win. Lias wasn't going back in New York. Even tho he'll never meet the expectation of a 7ov pick, I still think he can be a decent player. Similar to Puljuujarvi. At only 22 and already nhl ready, there's not a lot of risk involved for LA. On the flip side the Rangers were able to get a very late 2nd, but in a very deep draft, I'm sure they are happy with Cuylle at that spot.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
It's not a crystal ball. It's a hot take orb.
giphy.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He wasn't good enough to be on the Rangers though. That should concern you.

That's fine. We picked him at #60, not #7. Our opportunity cost isn't the same as the Rangers'. If it works and he becomes a player, great! He's like in the 10-15 range of prospects for the Kings. If not, well, statistically that pick isn't going to make it anyway. Our concern isn't at the same vessel-bursting level as some Rangers' fans faux-concern in this thread.

Reactions: FireGorton

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
If things don't work with Andersson we have a few other guys that have potential of being a good forward..

Turcotte
Byfield
Vilardi
Kupari
Kaliyev
Fagemo
Madden
Thomas
JAD

Reactions: SanBlom

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Oh that Griffin Reinhart pick was as bad as it gets.

That said I'm ready to make a bet the Isles "recovery" from the Reinhart pick will be muuuuch better than the rangers "recovery" from the Andersson one.
The Wahlstrom recovery will be interesting, could look good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad