Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NSH] Viktor Arvidsson for 2021 2nd Rounder & 2022 3rd Rounder

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I am really doubting Blake will trade the assets it would take to get Eichel right now.Kings are not in any position to be going all in at this time....Too many unknowns with Eichels injuries right now to be betting the farm....

Acquiring Eichel isn't going all in. He's 24 years old. He's younger than Kempe, Lemieux, Roy, Walker, Moore, and Petersen, and only a year or two older than Grundstrom, Wagner, Clague, and Lizotte. In fact, Eichel isn't even three full years older than Vilardi, Anderson and Anderson-Dolan.

If Eichel is healthy and we can keep Byfield, sign me the f*** up.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Arvidsson will be a good role model for LA's upcoming youth. He never takes a shift off and is always hustling. The results aren't always there, but the effort is. He pushes his teammates to keep up with him. They see this much smaller player giving 100% and taking abuse and they kind of feel embarrassed that they're giving only 75% and avoiding contact. I particularly want Kaliyev to watch him because I think that Arvidsson's level of hustle and drive to get the puck, rather than wait for it, is one of the things that could help him reach his potential.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Acquiring Eichel isn't going all in. He's 24 years old. He's younger than Kempe, Lemieux, Roy, Walker, Moore, and Petersen, and only a year or two older than Grundstrom, Wagner, Clague, and Lizotte. In fact, Eichel isn't even three full years older than Vilardi, Anderson and Anderson-Dolan.

Assets it would take is going all in.Huge pass

Reactions: Guitpik

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
The perfect buy-low scenario. Arvidsson had a really poor shooting season (6.6%). I think the potential for him to rebound on the Kings is really high. I doubt he breaks 30 goals again, but 20 goals or more is doable with Kopitar or Byfield.

Reactions: ricardfromage

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Assets it would take is going all in.Huge pass

For a healthy Eichel, I'd easily trade Turcotte, Bjornfot, and the 8th overall, plus whatever else besides Byfield and Kaliyev gets it done.

I also like Buffalo though, so I wouldn't be too upset seeing some of my favorite prospects playing there.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
For a healthy Eichel, I'd easily trade Turcotte, Bjornfot, and the 8th overall, plus whatever else besides Byfield and Kaliyev gets it done.

I also like Buffalo though, so I wouldn't be too upset seeing some of my favorite prospects playing there.
You think Buffalo won't want Byfield + 8OA and Bjornfot and something else?

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

But Eichel is not healthy at this moment.
He needs experimental surgery and nobody knows how recovery will go.
Why Kings need to take risk, which Buffalo does not want to take?

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Probably nobody is willing to take players who need protection from Seattle pandemia. I cant blame Nashville to prepare their better scenario. In fact, being the 1st to do so make them the smartest team for now.

Reactions: Guitpik

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
This is a really good trade for LA

Yep, not really sure how to judge from Nashville’s end, but- odds are those two picks won’t turn into half the value of an Arvidsson. Idk, I do wonder if they mighta been better waiting for the market to heat up in some way- what an odd time for an unnecessary trade. Eh, gets ‘em where they wanna be for the draft I guess.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I've heard he's had injuries. A back injury I recall? Has it slowed him down? Because I'm really surprised at the price

I don't think it has physically slowed him down. He got hurt, he healed, no lingering effects. But psychologically... you have to understand that Arvidsson was a ridiculously balls-to-the-wall kamikaze player when he had his most successful seasons. He was suicidally reckless for his size. But after that injury... I feel like he has toned things down and paid a little more attention to self-preservation. Which is smart, but also takes a bit off his game. So it's a psychological slow-down moreso than a physical one. Maybe. :dunno:

I think he's slowed down a bit, but the psychological side is there even if he wasn't any slower, that we can easily agree on.

No it doesn’t. It makes even less sense. Now you’re going to lose Arvidsson plus someone else, instead of just Arvidsson.
Now we lose a dime a dozen player AND have picks, instead of losing Arvidsson, not having those picks and keeping the dime a dozen player - essentially it's Arvy + whatever vs. picks

The perfect buy-low scenario. Arvidsson had a really poor shooting season (6.6%). I think the potential for him to rebound on the Kings is really high. I doubt he breaks 30 goals again, but 20 goals or more is doable with Kopitar or Byfield.
If you're only stats watching then yes, he's bound to have a huge bounce back season. If you watched him play or considered other factors like his physical condition, then it's a huge question mark.

Thinking Kopitar will help fix Arvidsson.
Oh, didn't know Kopitar had medical expertise :sarcasm:

Reactions: fsanford

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
lmao couldn’t even get a prospect, poile is f***ing trash
Sold low and got a low return. Arvidsson was clearly being utilized improperly and they decided it was better to cut bait than adjust the system. Honestly I’m not sure how much of this falls on the GM. If a player doesn’t fit into the coaching scheme isn’t better to get as much value as soon as possible?

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Doesn’t seem like a bad deal for Nashville despite what everyone’s saying. We saw over the last year that it’s very difficult to move salary. Arvidsson makes over 4M and it’s been 3 years since he topped 0.5 points per game. Most of these deals involve salary coming back the other way but the fact that Nashville doesn’t take any salary back by moving a player who is drastically underperforming relative to his contract while nabbing a 2nd and a 3rd seems like a great trade to me.
Except he hasn’t been underperforming his contact. He’s definitely been underperforming his ability, but 15-20 goals and 40 points is pretty much exactly what you should expect from a 4.25 player.

Reactions: nihlify

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Even if Arvidsson doesn't "bounce back", you're presumably still getting at least a pretty solid 15-20G, 40-50pt winger who hustles and works hard. His deal certainly doesn't look like the steal it once did, but even at ~$1M per 10pts, that's not really much off the going UFA "market rate". Especially considering it's pretty "goal-skewed" which is worth more than just collecting secondary assists, etc. At his age, it's doubtful Arvidsson really "rebounds" to full peak form and production, but there's clearly at least a little bit of headroom there for him to be more productive than he's been the last couple years, if the fit is right and he clicks in LA. Which could take it from an "okay" deal, to a "really good" one.

Kind of strange from Nashville's end, in that it seems like they need more scoring up front, not less. But they obviously feel like they need to shake things up and "retool", and there are only so many real "moveable pieces" to give you that shakeup. It's a decent enough return, and opens up a bit of cap space to play with. Those picks could even just end up being additional trade capital to go after something they really want, to give them a different roster composition. Flexibility is always nice...though what they actually do with it, is what will really determine how they make out on their end of the deal.

Reactions: Osprey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad