Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NSH] Viktor Arvidsson for 2021 2nd Rounder & 2022 3rd Rounder

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I like this deal for Nashville, they get a 2021 2nd rd pick and 2022 3rd rd pick while clearing 4.25mil off their cap.

Arvidsson hasn’t particularly played well under John Hynes and could prosper with Kings coach Todd McLellan.

Nashville could also choose to package the 40th pick and the 51st pick in the 2021 draft to move into the late 1st round if Poile sees a prospect that he likes.

Reactions: ricardfromage

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
No it doesn’t. It makes even less sense. Now you’re going to lose Arvidsson plus someone else, instead of just Arvidsson.

How does it not make sense? We gained a pick in the top 40 for a player who would have been picked by Seattle. Now instead of Arvidsson being picked it'll be someone like Trenin or Ingram.

Asset > Nothing.

A 2nd and 3rd isn’t much value anyway.

Maybe for the Isles, but our track record in the 2nd is fine.

Dallas picked Robertson at the same exact spot three drafts ago and Chicago picked Debrincat there the year prior.

Even if we don't hit with the King's pick, we now have three picks in the top 50, we can use our 2 2nds to move up if we wanted.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Just saw this now... as a Kings fan.... why?

Like... why?

He suddenly going to be like he was years and years ago when he was scoring 30+? No? Then.... why?
tenor-10.gif

Reactions: KingTech

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I also like this deal for LA.
Seems the Kings are quietly building a contender on a slow burn over there.

Pretty sure they'd like to be up n running for some playoff action before Anze Kopitar ages out, though.
Iafallo, Kempe, Vilardi, Moore, Lemieux, and now Arvy.... nice little core to go along with Kopy on the front lines.

Nashville looks like they may be on the verge of a complete teardown and rebuild.
If so, their best trade chips would likely be Ellis and Josi.

Reactions: Mats26 and Lt Dan

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I also like this deal for LA.
Seems the Kings are quietly building a contender on a slow burn over there.

Pretty sure they'd like to be up n running for some playoff action before Anze Kopitar ages out, though.
Iafallo, Kempe, Vilardi, Moore, Lemieux, and now Arvy.... nice little core to go along with Kopy on the front lines.

Nashville looks like they may be on the verge of a complete teardown and rebuild.
Nah Poile is just retooling on the fly where he can. Arvy being gone is just filled by guys like Tolvanen and Tomasino or gives a guy like Trenin an opportunity to move up.

We made the playoffs on the backs of our young players. Oddly enough once guys like Forsberg, Duchene and Ellis came back we started to slip back into our early season look.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Nashville will most likely keep slowly adding to our prospect pool while still contending for a playoff spot. I think we'll probably move Ellis with Fabbro and Carrier both fighting for top 4 spots, especially if we can get a 1st for him, but Josi and other key pieces probably stay put for now unless Josi is fried out because of his concussions and then it'd be a caveat emptor situation for whomever gets him.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Nah Poile is just retooling on the fly where he can. Arvy being gone is just filled by guys like Tolvanen and Tomasino or gives a guy like Trenin an opportunity to move up.

We made the playoffs on the backs of our young players. Oddly enough once guys like Forsberg, Duchene and Ellis came back we started to slip back into our early season look.

I hope so.
I've always called the Predators a "complete team" only ever really lacking a true 1C, but now with guys struggling with injuries, expiring contracts, and others aging out, seems they need a lot more than just a 1C.

As a Wild fan, I definitely would want the Predators to be a threat in the division simply because I am a firm believe that tougher division competition pushes a team (in my case Minnesota), to not sit on their arses and push the envelope get to contention faster and more efficiently.

Avs, Stars, Jets, Blues...all look to provide enough competition.
The Hawks are getting Toews added back to their young fast lineup, and if the Preds do retool on the fly, to me, that should give Minnesota all the motivation they need to something more than "re-arrange the furniture" on their roster.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Another reason its a great deal for LA:
What are the odds of an 2nd round pick producing even half a point a game in the NHL ? Arvidsson did 25 points in 50 games for Nashville and he may return to form and do much better like 51 to 60 points.

This is simply getting assets for a player you'd lose in the expansion draft for Nashville.
Of course they lose on paper but looks like they go 4-4-1 or 3-5-1 in expansion draft.

This hurts Seattle a bit imo as it effects who they'll get from Nashville as they can now protect another Dman or forward.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Pretty much in the range everyone would expect him to go. Should look good on the kings

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
not having much luck unloading kuznetzov are yous ?
me personally? or the caps?

more have said yes than no, to my offerings of kuz. Deep down I do think a Kuz for Monahan trade can make some sense though.
I don't mind the idea of keeping kuz on a biased level.

as far as the caps organization, evidently im not privy to what they are doing, but i dont doubt they are entertaining the value of kuz and getting a feeling from him where he would be open to going.

Id actually rather trade carlson, but wouldn't mind both going for some change of scenery hockey trades.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I hope so.
I've always called the Predators a "complete team" only ever really lacking a true 1C, but now with guys struggling with injuries, expiring contracts, and others aging out, seems they need a lot more than just a 1C.

As a Wild fan, I definitely would want the Predators to be a threat in the division simply because I am a firm believe that tougher division competition pushes a team (in my case Minnesota), to not sit on their arses and push the envelope get to contention faster and more efficiently.

Avs, Stars, Jets, Blues...all look to provide enough competition.
The Hawks are getting Toews added back to their young fast lineup, and if the Preds do retool on the fly, to me, that should give Minnesota all the motivation they need to something more than "re-arrange the furniture" on their roster.
It's not as bad looking from the inside. I mean yeah we need a couple of guys to keep panning out but if they do the only real weak spot will be a #1 center, which just about every team is always looking for even if you have one.

The fact is this core of players asked Poile to keep them together. He did that and then have gotten progressively worse. It's time to start rolling some of them out.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
100%, they have the assets to do it. They will be a great team with Eichel, Kopitar and Byfield.
I am really doubting Blake will trade the assets it would take to get Eichel right now.Kings are not in any position to be going all in at this time....Too many unknowns with Eichels injuries right now to be betting the farm....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad