Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NSH] Viktor Arvidsson for 2021 2nd Rounder & 2022 3rd Rounder

Love

Feb 29, 2012
It’s funny how the kings have been ultra aggressive this off-season. Looks like they’re risking it all in an attempt to almost be a playoff team.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe one of LA's nice C prospects? Kupari and maybe some salary coming back? Still think Arvidsson is a good player. Might be a smart move by LA.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Akil Thomas + St Louis 2nd is my guess.

I don't think thats enough. Needs a bit more (not that much but still).

EDIT: I didn't realize how much Arvidssons numbers have dropped recently.
Yeah that might just do it...

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If one of 8OA or Vilardi aren’t involved I don’t like it for NSH. I hope Vilrdi’s not involved; he wants to come to Minnesota

Reactions: jd22

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
He won't hit 30 goals with the Kings. Good for 20-25 maybe. I suspect a roster player(who is eligible for expansion) will need to at least go back to the Preds. Grundstrom maybe?

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Preds probably want to go 8+1 for the expansion draft to protect 4 D. Arvidsson traded for picks / players that don't need to be protected, and then maybe find a trade to replace Arvidsson after the Kraken draft.
Possibly 5D (Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, Carrier, Fabbro). We are thin on forwards worth protecting (Forsberg, Kunin, and then one of Johansen, Arvy, Jarnkrok, Sissons, Trenin) and will probably expose one or both of Johansen/Duchene. Granlund probably re-signs after expansion draft, Ellis may be protected to just get moved after the expansion draft.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Thomas and LA's 2nd for Arvidsson sounds about right to me.

I think he's fairly comparable to Jason Zucker, who went for Addison and a 1st.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He’ll probably get the typical 20% production boost from leaving Nashville, so we’re looking at a 50-60 points winger. more recently close to the bottom end of that

Reactions: LCPreds

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Arvy hasn't been good with Hynes, his balls to the wall recklessness got him tons of fan support, but also seems to have really capped his upside. I suspect this is Poile getting assets back for someone he was struggling to protect over the rest of our roster. It'll piss off some of our fanbase who think Arvy has earned his place, and while it's hard to argue against that, this is a business and we need new blood.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't think thats enough. Needs a bit more (not that much but still).

EDIT: I didn't realize how much Arvidssons numbers have dropped recently.
Yeah that might just do it...

The production drop the past two seasons, the decent cap hit for 3 more seasons in tough cap times and Nashville needing to make ED moves I think makes the offer fairly fair. Not a fan of either team just thinking what the cost may be.

Reactions: kinghock

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
He won't hit 30 goals with the Kings. Good for 20-25 maybe. I suspect a roster player(who is eligible for expansion) will need to at least go back to the Preds. Kempe maybe?

According to John Hoven Kings can leave 2 forwards unprotected for expansion draft if they will trade for forwards.
He was saying those two are Grundstrom and Brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad