Confirmed Trade: [LAK/CGY] Oscar Fantenberg for conditional 2020 4th round pick

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Fantenberg makes sense. The rumour all along was if they add on the back end it'd be a guy to slot in like 9th on the depth chart

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'm surprised Calgary hasn't already made a bigger move or two. Watching San Jose, Winnipeg, and Nashville load up can't be exactly calming for Flames fans.

Why change something that is already working so well? Our team chemistry has been amazing.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I'm surprised Calgary hasn't already made a bigger move or two. Watching San Jose, Winnipeg, and Nashville load up can't be exactly calming for Flames fans.

Don't worry me much still. Vegas and SJ can beat each other up in the first round, even with the moves all these teams made they still seem like the underdogs

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Fantenberg is a really good third-pairing defenseman. When the Kings played the Golden Knights last year in that double overtime game when Doughty and Muzzin were out, Fantenberg played on our top pair with Martinez and played 41:10. I'm actually pretty bummed he's on his way out.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Don't worry me much still. Vegas and SJ can beat each other up in the first round, even with the moves all these teams made they still seem like the underdogs
To each his own. This year feels like the "lose while learning how to win in the playoffs" experience for Calgary's skaters...with insufficient goaltending to cover that margin of error. But stranger things have happened, so we'll see.

Reactions: dman34

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Fantenberg is a good depth pick up for the Flames, can move the puck well, not flashy but solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad