Confirmed with Link: (LAK/CAR) Kings acquire Sekera from Canes

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
McKeown?

OUCH!

That one hurts but gotta give to get and he was our 2nd choice Dman last year. Well lets hope we can sign AS long term to make this worth while.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He does everything aside from physicality. He's a great skater, good first pass. Plays in all situations. PP2/PK1 for Carolina. He's taken a backseat to Faulk offensively on the third worst offensive team this year, and his shooting percentage is down a good bit. His numbers will come up. His great skating helps him to have a good positional game and I think he will thrive in LA.

Just please watch:

So basically Voynov for all intents and purposes. I love it. I love this deal, hefty return and all. Cheers, and thanks! :)

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Amazing.

I was worried about the 1st for a bit but I trust Dean is going to make sure he isn't a rental.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

This is very good.

The Kings will be fine, they were in a position to go for it again. Roll the dice.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
McKeown is a tough prospect to give up, but his upside is essentially Sekera. Sounds like the first is protected too, if we miss the playoffs this year, then we give up next year's first instead. Good maneuvering by Lombardi.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
A 1st and a stud D-man for a soft puck mover?

Kings need a stay home D-man....Ugh.

Uhhh what? We have a redundancy of those. We need a puck mover that can eat minutes without being a tire fire on D. This moves Martinez into his rightful spot and ensures that we don't have to see Greene-Muzzin again.

Doughty-Muzzin, Regehr-Sekera, Martinez-Greene is godly and the advantages we had on the opponent were that Voynov and Martinez outplayed their competition. Sekera allows us to do that again and take advantage of Martinez as well.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
A 1st and a stud D-man for a soft puck mover?

Kings need a stay home D-man....Ugh.

Pfft. We have quite a few of those. Regehr, Greene, and McNabb can solidly be considered in the bracket alone. Not to mention Forbort is in the press box waiting a turn. Sekera is a legitimate top pairing/top 4 guy. This easily fills the hole Voynov has left for now.

KoopsKings

Sep 26, 2004
Steep price but had to be done. A system with of young prospects is sweet. But this teams as had 2 cups and a WCF the last three years. The kings are in their prime and the future is important... But the time is still now. Luckily the brass drafts well 2nd round and beyond. It'll all be okay.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
He does everything aside from physicality. He's a great skater, good first pass. Plays in all situations. PP2/PK1 for Carolina. He's taken a backseat to Faulk offensively on the third worst offensive team this year, and his shooting percentage is down a good bit. His numbers will come up. His great skating helps him to have a good positional game and I think he will thrive in LA.

Just please watch:

Wow, :amazed: love the puck possession. First clip reminds me of Voynov in that Phoenix 2012 WCF Game (3?) game and the second clip reminds me of Doughty.

Sad to lose Roland. I liked that kid, great kid, but it makes sense that we'd give up a defenseman prospect since we have a number of good defensive prospects in the pipeline.

So, in essence, a 1st rounder and Linden Vey for Sekera?

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
If we supposedly won't be able to sign Regher for cap reasons , how do we sign or fit in Sekera? How much is he looking for? What does he make now?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Trying for back to back, and 3 in 4. Always keep an eye on the future, but the time is now. A chance to do things that don't happen anymore. Go for it.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
This is ****ing amazing. Didn't even give up a roster player. I don't think some here realize how good he is. When martinez comes back the kings are going to have a puck moving dman on all 3 lines. Excellent trade for both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad