Confirmed with Link: (LAK/CAR) Kings acquire Sekera from Canes

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
Dang.. Love to have him.. But for a 1st...i think way too much unless he can sign him

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He'll definitely help this year but, barring another Cup, it would be tough to lose a first rounder for him if he's just a rental. Still understand the risk, though.

I have to think Dean is almost certain he can re-sign Sekera and jettison Voynov and Richards.

Last edited:

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Wow. I wonder if DL talked to him first. I wonder if DL knows something about VV.

I'm ok with it. Not who I wanted but I'll trust DL. Hope he sticks around as more than a rental at that cost. Hope he is as good as advertised too.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
:handclap:

Further scouting report? I did a lot of digging when the rumors first started, but still have a hard time getting a read.

He does everything aside from physicality. He's a great skater, good first pass. Plays in all situations. PP2/PK1 for Carolina. He's taken a backseat to Faulk offensively on the third worst offensive team this year, and his shooting percentage is down a good bit. His numbers will come up. His great skating helps him to have a good positional game and I think he will thrive in LA.

Just please watch:

Captain Mittens*

latest

You gotta give to get. Sucks to give up those prospects but I guess DL felt like the team had proved to him they deserve some help after the 8 game win streak. "i'm all in"! I thought they'd go conservative but it's been a long time since the Kings had a chance to win back to back cups. Like 2 years right? But seriously, why not? The price isn't outrageous and if this guy is as good as advertised, the Kings could make another deep run. Should be a fun final 20 games and hopefully another long ride through the post season!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad