Sportsnet: Laine says contract talks are quiet, unsure about future in Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So, then why did Montreal send that joke sheet to Aho? I guess just a general lack of quality players on the Habs?

Because they had the cap space and opportunity to do it? Habs didn’t lose anything in offer sheeting Aho.

Lmao on the general lack of quality players. With that Defense of yours I can’t wait to see the Jets miss the playoff. Ya’ll have what, 2 NHL caliber D, a 1C, one 3rd line C and a bunch of meh depth C players after that?

Your lack of depth and prospect on important position will kill your chance of making any decent run for next 5 years at the b’very least

Reactions: Vachon23

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Yeah, does he think Little is better then Danault?

MTL have the better 2nd and 3rd line center while WINNIPEG have the top center and the best 4th line center..

Center prospect goest to MTL too with Suzuki and Poehling.

And Montreal has three blue chip C prospects under 20. In 3 years our C depth will be miles ahead of Jets (It’s already better overall imo) but we’ll widen the gap every years from now on

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
And Montreal has three blue chip C prospects under 20. In 3 years our C depth will be miles ahead of Jets (It’s already better overall imo) but we’ll widen the gap every years from now on

Maybe even throught nothing is certain, the Jets tho have hands down the best wingers... MTL is miles behind!

Wheeler
Laine
Connor
Ehlers

We have what Gallagher Tatar and Drouin???

Winnipeg offence is way better then us, it's not even close sadly.....

Reactions: Pongs21 and Snowman

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Maybe even throught nothing is certain, the Jets tho have hands down the best wingers... MTL is miles behind!

Wheeler
Laine
Connor
Ehlers

We have what Gallagher Tatar and Drouin???

Winnipeg offence is way better then us, it's not even close sadly.....

Yep but their D since they lost Trouba and Myers in the same offseason is going to be a gong show. We also have the upper hand in net.

Also, our prospect pool is miles better than theirs.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Perspective may change once the season starts, especially if Wahlstrom has a hot start. I do believe Wahlstrom will bounce back and regain that top prospect shine.
Maybe, but by then we'll also have a better perspective on the Laine situation. If Laine is signed then, we won't have to worry about it. If he isn't, conversations may start.

Reactions: SI

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Because they had the cap space and opportunity to do it? Habs didn’t lose anything in offer sheeting Aho.

Lmao on the general lack of quality players. With that Defense of yours I can’t wait to see the Jets miss the playoff. Ya’ll have what, 2 NHL caliber D, a 1C, one 3rd line C and a bunch of meh depth C players after that?

Your lack of depth and prospect on important position will kill your chance of making any decent run for next 5 years at the b’very least
In another 10 or 20 years Montreal might even make the playoffs. Although Ottawa probably will before Montreal does.

The Habs just need more quality in general. They really only have 3 or 4 quality players.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
In another 10 or 20 years Montreal might even make the playoffs. Although Ottawa probably will before Montreal does.

The Habs just need more quality in general. They really only have 3 or 4 quality players.

Just stop man. This is a Laine thread.

Before you blame someone else, take a look back at your posts and then ask yourself if they were necessary or in good faith.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Laine’s new contract will be Marner x.90.

I like it.

Every new contract in the league should be compared to Marner.

Rants should get MarnerX .95

Tkachuk should get Marner X .87
Can you imagine the agent who you pay dearly suggesting some other players agent will determine your fate. I'd be firing him in a rapid heartbeat and hiring the guy who supposedly will set the bar.
That's the guy I want working for me.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

Until they play games, there is zero idea how those lottery picks turn out.

Reactions: Vachon23

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Just stop man. This is a Laine thread.

Before you blame someone else, take a look back at your posts and then ask yourself if they were necessary or in good faith.

Agree. Don’t know how this turned into a “my dad can beat up your dad” argument

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think it’s obvious that Laine wants out of Wpg. That market is too small for him. And the winters are brutal.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
For right or wrong, Laine strikes me as a player his teammates don’t like. Mostly the vets.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not that Eklund knows anything -- he doesn't -- but Laine would fill the NYI needs perfectly.

I saw a list about latest Eklund rumours. Only things he did mention prematurely, and which did happen, were "Islanders interest in Varlamov" and "Islanders after Brassard".

So, it looks like he has some real connections to Islanders. All other rumours in any other teams never happened.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
For right or wrong, Laine strikes me as a player his teammates don’t like. Mostly the vets.

I can see that. He has a lot of natural ability but doesn't take full advantage of it. I can definitely see him irking guys like Wheeler and Scheifele.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I think it’s obvious that Laine wants out of Wpg. That market is too small for him. And the winters are brutal.

He is from Finland, it's not like he is used to life in the tropical climates

If I was Chevy I would be adamant on Dobson being the main piece coming back.

I once suggested Dobson and Wahlstrom and got eaten alive by Jets fans saying they aren't looking for futures

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Is 2C some kind of new secret code language? Because you can’t seriously be saying the Jets have a better 2nd line center than Montreal...
Is Danault supposed to be even anything special? He had a 50 point year last year and it was a career year for him, LOL you sound pretty clueless

Reactions: Snowman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad