Sportsnet: Laine says contract talks are quiet, unsure about future in Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

"Well you never know. It’s still business, you’ve got to be prepared for anything," Laine said Friday. "But yeah, you never know where you’re going to play next year so I’m just prepared for anything."

The response was open-ended enough that it begged an obvious follow-up: Does he still want to play for the Jets?

"Well I’ve got nothing bad to say about Winnipeg, you know? It’s been good so far. But you never know, so that’s kind of my comments."

"I’m not stressed. I’m not worrying about that at all," said Laine. "I know that I’ve done my job as well as I can over these three years, so I know I’m going to play somewhere next year. So that’s something I’m not thinking about too much.

"Hopefully we get it done in the next couple months and be ready when the puck drops."

Last edited:

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
"Well you never know. It’s still business, you’ve got to be prepared for anything," Laine said Friday. "But yeah, you never know where you’re going to play next year so I’m just prepared for anything."

The response was open-ended enough that it begged an obvious follow-up: Does he still want to play for the Jets?

"Well I’ve got nothing bad to say about Winnipeg, you know? It’s been good so far. But you never know, so that’s kind of my comments."

"I’m not stressed. I’m not worrying about that at all," said Laine. "I know that I’ve done my job as well as I can over these three years, so I know I’m going to play somewhere next year. So that’s something I’m not thinking about too much.

"Hopefully we get it done in the next couple months and be ready when the puck drops."

Those comments don't sound very encouraging. That said, seems like its in the same spot as every other RFA (sans Aho), in a holding pattern until someone sets the market.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
everyone likely waiting for marner. he will set the price

Why wouldn't they?
A GM that gets taken to the cleaners, is the best way to show that you're worth more money.

The reason that Aho didn't set the bar, he signed too much of a fair deal.

Reactions: Master P

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Here come the lowball offers.

Blues offer Fabbri straight up one for one!!

upload_2019-8-16_12-44-45.png

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
It's pretty crazy how these guys wait for so long.

Look at what happened to Demarcus Cousins during off-season training. I'd want to get a deal done right away.

Reactions: bigbabybuda

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They don’t wanna pay them because they have to move other guys they don’t want to move

That's not the case for every team, but even still..they need to sack up and start making some difficult decisions. September is 2 weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad