Sportsnet: Laine says contract talks are quiet, unsure about future in Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Coming from a reliable source and a dear friend of mine from Tampare, Finland:

"Laine extension relies heavily on the outcome of Marner negotiations... word on the street is, he'll sign for roughly 90% of what ever Marner signs for. So around $9-9,5M. Team looking for max term, Laine camp is pushing for five years. If it doesn't get done by october, he'll join Tappara's training squad. Will not participate in games, problems with insurance and taxation."

edit. Keep in mind Juha is just a lonely bum who hangs out at the rink. Local Kevs, I'd say. But he is reliable source.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Islanders Interest in Patrik Laine....

My 2 cents would be Wahlstrom, Leddy and Beauvillier
I think it would need to hurt a little more than that. Don't think you would even get Chevy to return the phone call if Dobson wasn't floated as a part of the deal. If you you don't like just offer sheet him with the 4 1st round picks as that also likely gets Chevy to consider moving on from Laine. Other than that we will just keep him.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012

"Laine extension relies heavily on the outcome of Marner negotiations... word on the street is, he'll sign for roughly 90% of what ever Marner signs for. So around $9-9,5M. Team looking for max term, Laine camp is pushing for five years. If it doesn't get done by october, he'll join Tappara's training squad. Will not participate in games, problems with insurance and taxation."

edit. Keep in mind Juha is just a lonely bum who hangs out at the rink. Local Kevs, I'd say. But he is reliable source.
Laine’s new contract will be Marner x.90.

I like it.

Every new contract in the league should be compared to Marner.

Rants should get MarnerX .95

Tkachuk should get Marner X .87

jrs

Oct 11, 2017

I like it.

Thats like 9 or 10 Lebancs

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

I like it.

Plot twist: Leafs don’t sign Marner this year and every RFA sits out also.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The Jets have a better 1C, the better 2C better 3c and better 4C so it's early Montreal that is more desperate for centres

Is 2C some kind of new secret code language? Because you can’t seriously be saying the Jets have a better 2nd line center than Montreal...

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

If Laine is holding out for 90% of what Marner signs for x 5 years I'd say: "Enjoy spending the winter in Finland, Patty.".

SI

Feb 16, 2013
There's nothing there that I would consider as the main piece for Laine.

Perspective may change once the season starts, especially if Wahlstrom has a hot start. I do believe Wahlstrom will bounce back and regain that top prospect shine.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Is 2C some kind of new secret code language? Because you can’t seriously be saying the Jets have a better 2nd line center than Montreal...

Yeah, does he think Little is better then Danault?

MTL have the better 2nd and 3rd line center while WINNIPEG have the top center and the best 4th line center..

Center prospect goest to MTL too with Suzuki and Poehling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad