Laine is having the worst scoreless streak of his NHL career

member 300185

He is obviously choking - no, collapsing - under the huge weight of the Media, his loss to Ovechkin, and his non-generational February production. I suspect he has peaked and will only score 1 goal for the season remainder and 1 goal during the playoffs. Likely will not hit 20 goals next year because of this unstoppable spiral.
:laugh:

Bust :sarcasm:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Laugh all you want Leafs fans. This kid is already better than Matthews and will only continue to blow him out of the water as their careers continue. Laine is better at both scoring and playmaking while Matthews continues to be overrated on defence. The difference will be a 90 point winger vs a 60 point centre going forward when Matthews' luck runs out.
But he's not better at growing a beard. And we don't even know what Matthews looks like with one. He wins by default.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
But he's not better at growing a beard. And we don't even know what Matthews looks like with one. He wins by default.
When they asked Ovi if Laine reminds of him when he was young he said he is still young and he doesn't have beard.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Laugh all you want Leafs fans. This kid is already better than Matthews and will only continue to blow him out of the water as their careers continue. Laine is better at both scoring and playmaking while Matthews continues to be overrated on defence. The difference will be a 90 point winger vs a 60 point centre going forward when Matthews' luck runs out.

This made me laugh so hard... so at least you got that right. Laine is no where near 90 points in fact Mitch Marner is ahead of him in points. Matthews is now PPG and 33 goals in just 60 games which is remarkable in itself.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
This made me laugh so hard... so at least you got that right. Laine is no where near 90 points in fact Mitch Marner is ahead of him in points. Matthews is now PPG and 33 goals in just 60 games which is remarkable in itself.
Kinda identical with laines rookie season where he had 33 goals 61 points in 61 games ^^

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

this is honestly the dumbest thing ive ever read on these boards, and that is saying a lot.
90% take Matthews over Laine, the other 10% are either jets fans or finnish (or both)

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Once Laine gets hot again the Jets fans can go back to arguing Laine is better. It' s pretty funny how reactionary fans are if someone has a hot streak.
Mitch Marner is incredibly hot, but Leaf fans predicted this would happen once he got more usage and better linemates.

For the love of god stop doing what you’re doing!!

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Kinda identical with laines rookie season where he had 33 goals 61 points in 61 games ^^
In Laine's rookie season he had 36 goals, 64 points in 73 games.

Solid numbers for a rookie campaign, no doubt but not what you are saying.

Reactions: JFG

JFG

Mar 14, 2012

Cherry picking at it's finest.

Edit: To be clear I was referring to Narow's post.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Yeah....my point was just how similar their production has been.... laine seems to make it a habbit to end the season weak ^^
if you ignore his 3 pt in 12 game streak to end the year, sure!

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
For all we know this is the valley that leads to a peak come playoff time. The posters who were thumping their chest, and ripping on 34 when he was on that hot streak sure look ridiculous though (again!).

I also don't get Mulletman threads and why people adore them. They're never funny, and 80% of the time are ridiculously stupid.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
You! YOU DID THIS!!!

Did you ever think to yourself, GEE MAYBE I SHOULD SLOWDOWN ON PUTTING PRESSURE ON YOUNG IMPRESSIONABLE YOUTH THAT LOOK UP TO ME AS ONE OF THE PREMIER INTELLECTUALS ON HF????

I want an apology in Finnish RIGHTNOW!

There are no apologies in Finnish language. Only quick glances of silent accusation aimed at you for being on the way to be bumped, before the eyes hastily return back to looking at shoes.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Anyone that even considers the notion of Laine being better than Matthews doesn’t know the first thing about hockey

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Eichel's worst career pointless streak is 5 games in 2016-2017, granted the team only scored 9 goals in that time frame.

Matthews had a 7 game pointless streak in his rookie year. 21 goals scored in that time frame.

Crazy to think Laine has no points over the last 7 games and 26 goals scored...but I guess it happens to the best of em.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Eichel's worst career pointless streak is 5 games in 2016-2017, granted the team only scored 9 goals in that time frame.

Matthews had a 7 game pointless streak in his rookie year. 21 goals scored in that time frame.

Crazy to think Laine has no points over the last 7 games and 26 goals scored...but I guess it happens to the best of em.
Can't take the pressure. Much like last year he stumbles at the end rather than finish strong. Gets to thinking about an Art Ross and freezes.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And already year before that ended the season 2015-16 sitting on the ice crying. Choker in all meanings of word.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I want Ovechkin to win the Richard and I am scared shitless of Laine going off in the next three games.

I won't be comfortable until Ovechkin has a 10 goal lead and Laine only has a game to play. I am sort of serious.

p.s. I feel the same about Malkin, Karlsson (too good of a story if he wins), and McDavid.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad