Laine is having the worst scoreless streak of his NHL career

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Up until Laine's record breaking Point streak he had only gone 4 straight games without a Point in the NHL. But now he's gone the last 6 games without a single Point and he hasn't scored a goal on the last 18 shots that he's taken. This is not looking promising with the Jets heading to the playoffs and Laine about to play the most important hockey games of his career. But Laine will have a good shot at turning things around before the playoffs start, as he's facing 4 non playoff teams that don't have anything to play for.

Is the pressure of the Rocket race, playoffs and the Canadian media finally getting to the kid? Or will Laine break out of his scoring slump and prove everybody wrong in the playoffs?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It's the natural hangover effect.. do amazing for a long stretch then when the streak snaps hit some struggles. Pretty common, whether it's individuals or team play.

Or you could say that puck that hit him in the LA game was cursed and now he's never going to score again.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They are playing games without a meaning and took a bad slap shot to his ankle. Who cares right now.

member 298589

He is obviously choking - no, collapsing - under the huge weight of the Media, his loss to Ovechkin, and his non-generational February production. I suspect he has peaked and will only score 1 goal for the season remainder and 1 goal during the playoffs. Likely will not hit 20 goals next year because of this unstoppable spiral.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Nothing wrong with how he's playing so nobody's worried.

Sometimes you score with 50% of your shots and sometimes nothing goes in.

Reactions: Mork and TeeTee

member 147413

He’s still playing well. Against the Leafs he had a lot of chances but was missing the net a lot. For a player who scores most of his goals because of his shot, he’s not gonna score when he misses the net, who woulda thought.

I’m glad it stopped the 3 obnoxious Laine threads a day.

Reactions: Uncle Bob

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Once Laine gets hot again the Jets fans can go back to arguing Laine is better. It' s pretty funny how reactionary fans are if someone has a hot streak.
Mitch Marner is incredibly hot, but Leaf fans predicted this would happen once he got more usage and better linemates.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Laine will be fine, even in this slump, he's still just one good period away from regaining the goals lead, that's how good he is.

In saying all of that, it was a bit strange to me just how fast he got put back into the line-up after blocking that shot. I understand being in the race for the rocket, but being healthy for the playoffs is more important. Would have liked to see the Jets rest him a bit more for their own sake.

Reactions: Narow

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I think that it was the pressure of your earlier threads about Laine that got to him. You put too much on his shoulders, @Mulletman

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Laine will be fine, even in this slump, he's still just one good period away from regaining the goals lead, that's how good he is.

In saying all of that, it was a bit strange to me just how fast he got put back into the line-up after blocking that shot. I understand being in the race for the rocket, but being healthy for the playoffs is more important. Would have liked to see the Jets rest him a bit more for their own sake.

He himself made it clear for Maurice that he wants to play and can play. He walked into his room after the practise and said I can play.

I don't think it's the Rocket that's pushing him 100%, his #1 goal is the Cup, I'd say it's more of lack of experience and just wanting to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad