Laine has already 70% amount of assists than he had in the whole last season

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Why the ****ing hell would I be weeping? I've heard Laine > Matthews from people with 0 hockey knowledge for years. Seems like it finally stopped midway last season, but it seems the Fin and Jets homers have brought it back.
why come in here and take the bait? do you have that low of self control that you cant just giggle to yourself and let them enjoy them selfs? its one thing to debate but to get to triggerd and start slinging insults just makes you as much of a clown as them

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
An assist is an assist, but it's not like Laine has served some needles or saucers with extra sauce for those assists. It has been more of the "the puck touched my stick along the boards in the cycle" kind of variety. It's positive that he's maintaining possession in board battles though.

retr0

May 7, 2018
We're in year 4 and Auston is still on a higher level than Laine. I would say Laine is in the Marner tier, but after his horrid season I'd put him in the Nylander/Ehlers category until he shows improvement over a full season.

Matthews is in the ”lets wait until he gets injured again” -tier and thats below all you mentioned. I’m sure he will show his full capabilities someday, but he doesn’t deserve his own tier before that happens, if it even happens.

Reactions: behemolari

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
An assist is an assist, but it's not like Laine has served some needles or saucers with extra sauce for those assists. It has been more of the "the puck touched my stick along the boards in the cycle" kind of variety. It's positive that he's maintaining possession in board battles though.

His pass to Connor was a beauty though.

Reactions: Opado and hn777

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Yeah, all luck huh? I guess for some people nothing Laine ever does is good enough. Pretty stupid comment honestly

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yeah, all luck huh? I guess for some people nothing Laine ever does is good enough. Pretty stupid comment honestly
That's not what I said. I just added that the assists haven't exactly been of the Marner variety AND started with "an assist is an assist". That's you answering yourself. Pretty stupid comment honestly.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
So how about the last one to Connor? Checking location: Sweden.. Ok, all clear. Done with you
That one was pretty neat. I wrote "MOST of the assists...". That means a majority of them. That doesn't include every assist. Your reading comprehension is a disaster, I'm pretty done with you as well.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Sure. And so was Ehlers?
Guys like Nylander and Ehlers have to score way more points to be in a same tier with one of the best snipers in the league.

The raw goalscoring talent/shot Laine has is one in a million. He is in a category of maybe 5 other players in the league, and that category is the most important one in a game of hockey.

Reactions: behemolari

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
That one was pretty neat. I wrote "MOST of the assists...". That means a majority of them. That doesn't include every assist. Your reading comprehension is a disaster, I'm pretty done with you as well.
That´s how assists work, not all of them are peices of art... Laine is an underrated passer and he has said that this year he will focus more on that side of the game too, So I think you will have to find a new narrative this season to bash on Laine. Sorry bud

Reactions: hn777

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Guys like Nylander and Ehlers have to score way more points to be in a same tier with one of the best snipers in the league.

The raw goalscoring talent/shot Laine has is one in a million. He is in a category of maybe 5 other players in the league, and that category is the most important one in a game of hockey.
Well, Ehlers has actually produced at the same goalscoring rate at 5v5/60 the last few seasons as Laine. It's all about usage. I agree, Nylander is not a great goalscorer though.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
That´s how assists work, not all of them are peices of art... Laine is an underrated passer and he has said that this year he will focus more on that side of the game too, So I think you will have to find a new narrative this season to bash on Laine. Sorry bud
So posting an observation about the variety of the assists from Laine, is considered bashing now? Is he an underrated passer? Maybe. Has he transformed into a sniper/ playmaker? No, I still consider him a sniper who has become stronger in the board battles. But that's bashing. Ok. This isn't a Laine church, buddy.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

Actually Laine had made many very juicy saucers this season, but most of those didn't just end with a goal. For example on the season opener Laine should have had more assists than he had on his 0+3 game, but got just one 2nd assist after a takeaway he made.

I bet you have seen only highlights.

Quick smart little passes are Laine's bread and butter. They don't look too much, but they are giving small advantages at a time. Nice that he finally got some linemates so that he gets rewarded by those.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
So posting an observation about the variety of the assists from Laine, is considered bashing now? Is he an underrated passer? Maybe. Has he transformed into a sniper/ playmaker? No, I still consider him a sniper who has become stronger in the board battles. But that's bashing. Ok. This isn't a Laine church, buddy.

Bashing is not a good word. Apparently watching only highlights and trying to make some "analysis" based on them is much more accurately describing your posts.

Reactions: Nate070

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013

You clearly didn't watch those games.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
I think so but he seems to have gained more strength and is hitting more now. Was it like 8 hits in last game?

He said on interview after last game that one of his goals this year was to be more physical and hit more to create loose pucks etc.

And yeah he did have.

Reactions: Nate070

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
I think threads like this one shouldn't be allowed until all teams have played at least 20 games.
Otherwise we can potentially have a several new ones each day, during the early part of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad