Post-Game Talk: Laine got his Finnish back: Jets 4 - Cats 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The way Maurice was talking the other day i wouldn't be surprised to see Helly start again , but i think Frenchie 2 should play .
Pmo doesn't mind goalies playing back to back when there is no travel involved so it could be Helly. Either way we should be fine in net.

Reactions: Jets 31

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Little's play has come back noticed that his skating is much better lately, would like PoMo to have a chat with Lowry about the extra penalty he took today, penalties happen and can be excused selfish ones cannot, plus he is very important on the ice, Laine what can you say keep it up, Ehlers is a pp making magnet little else though atm, he need to relax.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Invited some family over to watch the game...
Thoroughly enjoyed watching our Jets win and Patty getting the daddy hatty...
Went out for dinner after the game to our all-time favourite restaurant...
Got home a few minutes ago, totally stuffed and barely able to move...
Sat down, started reading this PGT and something just didn't feel right...

gJx613h.gif

There, that's better... what a GREAT DAY this has been!!! :thumbu:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Laine will one day be #1 RW. But for now, because he struggles 5v5 occasionally, it's good to be with such a safe consistent center like Lowry. All Lowry has to do is work hard, once in a while Laine will get the puck on his stick.

Reactions: FinnJet

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I’m pretty interested in the optics of the spectacle, I didn’t see it on tv so how did it look on the screen? Was it as any other regular season game or did something stick out?

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I hope Brossoit plays tomorrow. He has been great this season and deserves to enjoy a game like this.

Reactions: bustamente

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Just what the hell does this say guys? And by the way loved the big "TRUE NORTH" at the beginning of the game, wow that was loud. We were all laughing here at work when we heard that!
Well, the biggest headline is about Maurice and his comment about how he "wouldn't have made it out alive" if he didn't put Laine out there at the end. Then there's a headline about Laine saying "I told you so" Referencing a finnish interview he gave where he jokingly said "yeah, I've been saving the goals for Helsinki". The third one is just about the hat trick. And then the Selanne one is about him giving a puck to some kid.

Basically my point was that Finnish media absolutely feeds off of Laine. And that's why he gets a lot of haters here in Finland. People can't stand media making headlines about everything he does, so they start ridiculing the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad