Post-Game Talk: Laine got his Finnish back: Jets 4 - Cats 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Those questions are fine. Guys are happy for him, look how hard they worked to get him the puck there, and how coach put him on. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Until he does it tomorrow :naughty:
Totally. The guys worked their butts off for Laine to have the opportunity, especially the hat

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Those questions are fine. Guys are happy for him, look how hard they worked to get him the puck there, and how coach put him on. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

I don't care if they're happy for him. It's annoying hearing the question over and over to his teammates, as if they exist only to serve and praise him. It's vacuous crap, a Winnipeg media specialty.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't care if they're happy for him. It's annoying hearing the question over and over to his teammates, as if they exist only to serve and praise him. It's vacuous crap, a Winnipeg media specialty.
You don't think what he did today was rare and deserves the attention? He's a modest, likeable kid, when asked what he was thinking when he scored hatty he said he thought great we got the two points.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I'd love to see perreault - Lowry - laine.
That could be really dynamic, actually.

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Tanev/Vesalainen-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Laine
Lemieux/Tanev-Roslovic-Copp

Lemieux on 4th if Tanev on 2nd. Tanev on 4th if Vesalainen on 2nd.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Well, I've been calling for Laine to play with Lowry for about a year and a half now so nice to see that it went pretty well.
Nobody listens unless you make a gif
clipart-animated-gif-clock-countdown-17.jpg

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Good for Maurice for keeping him out there in the last minute.

Normally that doesnt happen.

That will boost his confidence a lot more.

In his first season Mo put him out lots vs the pulled goalie. So much in fact that his detractors complained how unfair it was that he was scoring so many empty net goals. You know, the ones that don’t count.

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
That could be really dynamic, actually.

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Tanev/Vesalainen-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Laine
Lemieux/Tanev-Roslovic-Copp

Lemieux on 4th if Tanev on 2nd. Tanev on 4th if Vesalainen on 2nd.

I really like that. I think converting Lowry's ability to tilt the ice into more actual goals would be a dream come true for this team.

Little is having a great season, but it might be time to admit that we already have the coveted "second line centre" everyone always wants to bring in.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Really? Lot of time to make things clicking it feels promising

He's joking about how the reaction on the forums has been incredibly negative on balance, despite the Jets never being below .500 wins or .500 points all season :)

And as for the Laine / Lowry connection, I was reminded by seeing Selanne again about how much success he (and Paul Kariya) had playing with the incredibly underrated Steve Rucchin. Wonder if there's potential for that chemistry here too?

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
We really need to take these first 13 games into context with this. Not sure if it's still the case afterwards, but Jacob Trouba leads this team in non-PP scoring with 7 points.

Edit : Looks like Scheifele is now tied thanks to an EN assist lol.

Agreed. We should take 13 games in context and stop with the doom and gloom just because we aren't playing like it's May in October.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
He's joking about how the reaction on the forums has been incredibly negative on balance, despite the Jets never being below .500 wins or .500 points all season :)

And as for the Laine / Lowry connection, I was reminded by seeing Selanne again about how much success he (and Paul Kariya) had playing with the incredibly underrated Steve Rucchin. Wonder if there's potential for that chemistry here too?

Let's get crazy, Lowry-Wheeler-Laine. I'd like to see that. Lowry is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad