Laine + Ehlers vs Matthews + Nylander

Which Duo is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
So by that really reasoning Matthews was only the 4th player in NHL history to score 40 before he turned 20 last year...I guess that makes him generational too right? Or does it not apply because he's a Maple Leaf lol
It was a great accomplishment by him and yes he's good. Laine is ripping it up twice before he is twenty. It's not Laine's or my fault Matthews couldn't do it!

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
What tools are these? Getting open for the one timer....?

His Wrist Shot(release and accuracy), his Slap Shot(accuracy and shot power), his One Timer(same as slapper), his ability to get in open space and etc... There’s a reason he’s got more goals than Matthews will ever have in a single season with 16 and a half minutes per game, Oh yeah and he’s a teenager with more goals than teenage Gretzky(in a harder era of hockey).

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
His Wrist Shot(release and accuracy), his Slap Shot(accuracy and shot power), his One Timer(same as slapper), his ability to get in open space and etc... There’s a reason he’s got more goals than Matthews will ever have in a single season with 16 and a half minutes per game, Oh yeah and he’s a teenager with more goals than teenage Gretzky(in a harder era of hockey).

Lmao thanks for the laugh...so you think Matthews who has 28 goals in 53 games, wouldn't get 13 in 28 games, enjoy whatever fantasy planet your living on. In reality, Matthews would be pushing 50 goals if healthy. Now Laine is being compared to Gretzky lol.....

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Let's stop feeding this obvious troll with a bad wrestler,worse singer from Winnipeg as his avatar.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Lmao thanks for the laugh...so you think Matthews who has 28 goals in 53 games, wouldn't get 13 in 28 games, enjoy whatever fantasy planet your living on. In reality, Matthews would be pushing 50 goals if healthy. Now Laine is being compared to Gretzky lol.....
Thats the thing with hockey you just never know...most likely matthews would..
His 28 goals and 50 points in 53 games are exactly same as laine had in his rookie season.

At 58 games played he hit ppg untill 61 games played aswell.

I think both would have b2b 40 goal seasons without injuries

Reactions: Jetsfareast

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Thats the thing with hockey you just never know...most likely matthews would..
His 28 goals and 50 points in 53 games are exactly same as laine had in his rookie season.

At 58 games played he hit ppg untill 61 games played aswell.

I think both would have b2b 40 goal seasons without injuries

At least you have more common sense than your fellow Jets fan

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
At least you have more common sense than your fellow Jets fan
I think some of them are just taking the piss...both sides get exposed to these opinions about either player sadly..
Most jets fans are cool its just a percentage of those and finns who continue the back and forward drama.

Id reconmend simply ignoring them will be suffice :)

Reactions: bionic

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

Your welcome, and yes I do believe he would not get 13 in 28, he simply doesn’t have the consistency Laine has. Fantasy is a world in which all your dreams are desired, the world I’m living in(and you are as well) is one where it’s common for hockey players with sample sized game start to deflate nearing the end of the season...

In reality Matthews is on pace for less than Laine with sample sized games, in reality Matthews ain’t pushing nothing but the elevator buttons in the hospital.

Also if you would had listened or even paid any attention to the players performance in constrast to your all mighty Matthews you would had realized Laine has the 3rd most Goals of any teenage hockey in the history of the NHL, as he just surpassed Gretzky... No comparisons just the truth behind the statistics and performance of Laine, but you would know cause you haven’t seen or even followed Laines play.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
You do realize that without the missed games thanks to injuries that Matthews would have hit 40 again right....

And Laine would be already on 50 or 60 without Bryan Little ruining half of his season based on this if logic and his pace without Little. Matthews could be pace for 40 or slump and have only for 35. We don't know what would happen.

But it doesn't change the fact that Laine has been way better player than Matthews in 2018 and it's not even close.

Last edited:

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
What? I've been to the Jets game at ACC the last 4 years and it's been 1/3 leafs jerseys, 1/3 Jets jerseys and 1/3 suits showing up in the second period

Stop into Earls on King on March 31st.

Jets have a lot of opposing jerseys in their building because they've only had a team for 6 years. Fans built alliances with other teams when they didn't have a team

Toronto is a cosmopolitan city with a lot of immigration from other Canadian cities. So you're also gonna see a ton of opposing jerseys at ACC

Bud. Its winnipeg. Population like 200k.

And 190k wish they lived somewhere else.

Lets just stop with the flood of toronto comparison threads...it shows off your insecurity complex.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
And Laine would be already on 50 or 60 without Bryan Little ruining half of his season based on this if logic and his pace without Little. Matthews could be pace for 40 or slump and have only for 35. We don't know what would happen.

But it doesn't change the fact that Laine has been way better player than Matthews in 2018 and it's not even close.
True, but it's also been Laine's hottest stretch of his career and Matthews has been out hurt. Matthews has been every other year in their careers

MarryMarner

Mar 31, 2008
It's really close and arguments can be made both ways. But this goes heavily in the Leafs favour if Nylander becomes a producing centre.

Having Matthews & Nylander as your top 6 centres easily beats Laine and Ehlers on the wings.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Bud. Its winnipeg. Population like 200k.

And 190k wish they lived somewhere else.

Lets just stop with the flood of toronto comparison threads...it shows off your insecurity complex.

I live on the corner of University and Adelaide smack in the middle of DT Toronto but nice attempt at an ignorant cheap shot

Also insecurity complex regarding Winnipeg is funny when 98% of Raptors talk is about getting ignored by ESPN

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Your welcome, and yes I do believe he would not get 13 in 28, he simply doesn’t have the consistency Laine has. Fantasy is a world in which all your dreams are desired, the world I’m living in(and you are as well) is one where it’s common for hockey players with sample sized game start to deflate nearing the end of the season...

In reality Matthews is on pace for less than Laine with sample sized games, in reality Matthews ain’t pushing nothing but the elevator buttons in the hospital.

Also if you would had listened or even paid any attention to the players performance in constrast to your all mighty Matthews you would had realized Laine has the 3rd most Goals of any teenage hockey in the history of the NHL, as he just surpassed Gretzky... No comparisons just the truth behind the statistics and performance of Laine, but you would know cause you haven’t seen or even followed Laines play.

Matthews has been more consistent than Laine, this isn’t even a debatable thing, look at their game logs.

All this nonsense because of a hot-streak, lol.

I hope you realize every joke you crack about Matthews being injured makes it clearer and clearer to your fellow fans just was an embarrassing pos your acting like. And while I wouldn’t suggest doing the same thing back when Laine is next injured (and he will be), your just asking to get mega trolled.

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
Matthews has been more consistent than Laine, this isn’t even a debatable thing, look at their game logs.

All this nonsense because of a hot-streak, lol.

I hope you realize every joke you crack about Matthews being injured makes it clearer and clearer to your fellow fans just was an embarrassing pos your acting like. And while I wouldn’t suggest doing the same thing back when Laine is next injured (and he will be), your just asking to get mega trolled.

This is a false claim considering season 17-18.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham

You know I really don't care that you think Laine is so much better then Matthews. As a fan of the Jets you're allowed to have fanboy in you and cheer for your guy. But what really disgusts me is the injury jokes, as if your happy Matthews got hurt. I remember last year when Laine was out with a concussion a lot of leaf fans to a tee were all concerned for him. Yet here you are along with others acting like total douch bags laughing about a young kids injury.
Don't get me wrong the majority of jet fans I have talked to a very respectful about it, it's just the few like yourself that really need to wake up.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

But projection was not allowed for Laine last year when he was injured. Matthews started fast and then his numbers started to normalize. He had 4 goals in his last 10 games, so one can't unequivocally proclaim he would have the same amount of goals as Laine has now. Or he would be pushing 50 goals. Being Healthy or not healthy is reality, not fantasy. Thus real stats are used. Not what if stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad