Feb 24, 2017
Last edited:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Too close to call right now
If I had to draft them now though, I might lean towards the centre

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Pretty much this. Obviously the Jets have Scheifele so this isn't an issue for them, but if I was building my team from scratch and had to choose between the two duos I'd take the Toronto duo.

yeah but you're gonna have a centre
as you can see. put a centre like copp in the middle of those 2 and they can still score

but whatever I can see the argument

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
yeah but you're gonna have a centre
as you can see. put a centre like copp in the middle of those 2 and they can still score

but whatever I can see the argument
I just think Centre's are capable of impacting a game more on a night to night basis with other aspects of the game that aren't scoring. I also prefer Matthews' 2-way ability (which is good, but not selke level like some on this board would have you believe) over any player mentioned in this poll.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Was this motivated by Laine’s recent hot streak? Otherwise what’s the point, C>>>W.

Oh, and up until Feb 23rd, Matthews last game, their totals looked like this;
Auston 53 28 22 50
Patrik 60 28 20 48

Leafs duo.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Was this motivated by Laine’s recent hot streak? Otherwise what’s the point, C>>>W.

Auston 53 28 22 50
Patrik 60 28 20 48

Leafs duo.

I think you accidentally voted in the wrong area. But anyways we are talking today not February.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Wake me up when Matthews is playing! I hope he's done with injuries but three different ones in a season? Injuryprone and doesn't even hit. For a big guy he seams like a weak player, doesn't he?

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I think you accidentally voted in the wrong area. But anyways we are talking today not February.

No, I intentionally vote neutral when there are Leafs fan voting options, the idea is stupid so I disrespect the process. I’m complex like that.

What does today matter if only one player is healthy, on Feb 22nd they both were.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
No, I intentionally vote neutral when there are Leafs fan voting options, the idea is stupid so I disrespect the process. I’m complex like that.

What does today matter if only one player is healthy, on Feb 22nd they both were.

Also how is it a bad idea, please explain? It’s not as if I did it for only Toronto... Thanks for trying to screw up the poll results though.

It matters today, because today Laine is playing allot better than when he was in February. Why not jump back to every time Matthews was having a slump and use that, like seriously kid use common sense.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Also how is it a bad idea, please explain? It’s not as if I did it for only Toronto... Thanks for trying to screw up the poll results though.

It matters because today Laine is playing allot better than when he was in February.

Ot didnt matter in february and it diesnt matter today and it wont matter tomorrow

Cotton

May 13, 2013

It matters today, because today Laine is playing allot better than when he was in February. Why not jump back to every time Matthews was having a slump and use that, like seriously kid use common sense.

You call me a kid yet fail to see that A: the results will be flawed regardless because there are poster who will vote for Laine for the same reasons some people voted for Donald Trump. That is not to support him so much as disliking his opposition even more.

B: Even baring that occurring, which will happen, what insight are you hoping to glean, that each fan base preferences the kid their team drafted? ‘mazing stuff.

C; It matters because you’re ignoring the playing field when it was level and are using a hot-streak, and the regency bias that accompanies, it to reach some kind of conclusion. It’s complete stupidity.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You call me a kid yet fail to see that A: the results will be flawed regardless because there are poster who will vote for Laine for the same reasons some people voted for Donald Trump. That is not to support him so much as disliking his opposition even more.

B: Even baring that occurring, which will happen, what insight are you hoping to glean, that each fan base preferences the kid their team drafted? ‘mazing stuff.

C; It matters because you’re ignoring the playing field when it was level and are using a hot-streak, and the regency bias that accompanies, it to reach some kind of conclusion. It’s complete stupidity.
I will admit you make some good points because this recent poll question and the other one being another Matthews vs Laine poll, are asked now when Laine is on a hot streak and with Matthews not playing due to injury.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

A: There is no secret or hidden plan behind dividing it from subjective franchises, you are theorizing here because you want to cheat the vote. I doubt a marginal amount of people will vote agaisnt because they hate the Leafs, most people here have been civil and polite except for you.

B: I want to know what the total population of the poll think, what the subjective fans think and what Neutral fans think. It’s pretty simple stuff.

C: There is no playing field, it’s a poll if you don’t like it for subjective reasoning than simply don’t vote, you think there wasn’t Laine vs Matthews polls when Laine was injured last season... The answer to that is yes, yes there was.

What is stupid is to think the reasoning of the poll is stupid because it doesn’t fit your opinions and your biases... All the poll is for is for voters to simply vote properly and it’s pretty simple, no rocket science there.

As the OP I am obviously no boss or anything but thanks to all the fans who have went and voted properly(especially the Leafs and Jets fans), I thought there would be allot more guys trying to sway the vote on both sides I’m pleasantly surprised with the outcome so far, so thanks to those who voted correctly.

PeterForsberg

Aug 4, 2012
Laine > Matthews (change my mind, 1C's are more common than Ovi-lite players. close.)
Ehlers > Nylander (as close as ^^)
60 for the Jets, 40 for the Leafs.

Jets duo.

Reactions: StatisticsAddict99

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

Auston 53 28 22 50
Patrik 60 28 20 48

Leafs duo.

yeah and how did laine look now tho? hes got 12 more goals since then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad