News Article: Laich wants trade (placed on waivers Feb 21, 2017 - updated: clears waivers)

Tigerarmy

Aug 1, 2011
It's weird how far players fall when they sign here. Most would have expected Laich to be a serviceable "bottom-6" kind of player but his lack of production with the Marlies is surprising, especially for a professional veteran player.

Also, I'm not understanding the Marlies players' production...guys like Timashov, Johnsson, and Moore had been quiet on the scoresheet for the better part of the year and suddenly they're going a point-per-game? Are the player's TOI that unevenly managed?

they are first year pros bud, it takes time for some players to adjust to the pro game. Less space, bigger, stronger and faster players than college, junior or across the pond. Like the guys you mentioned above they all had slow starts but all three seem to be playing with more confidence and have earned the trust of Sheldon Keefe. It comes at a good time too with all the injuries to the Marlies at the moment

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not sure if this affects his status at all. Had he been traded without putting on waivers I assume he would have been able to be assigned to the other teams minor league team since he had been in the AHL with us at the time of trade.

If that's the case this doesn't really change anything. Just a, please someone take him for free, and nobody will. At that point, I don't want to use a retention slot and retain half just to get nothing so we can be nice. Not sure anyone would even take him at half either, and I'm sure as hell not adding assets just to be nice.

IMO Laich you made your bed when you sucked in the AHL, time to lie in it. Maybe if you're lucky you can get a PTO next year and try to make Las Vegas.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
so they put him on waivers by why not use him to trade for a top 4 defensemen instead. That way instead of losing him for nothing we can use him to get back a defensmen

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
heaven forbid you have some more time to hang with the wife :amazed:

His wife is
5Mb5b_s-200x150.gif
HOT

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Laiche states he has many many years left to play, talk about delusional. Too bad, he was a solid players for years with the Caps, but time waits for no man, and sadly his time is up, I hope he comes to realize this sooner rather than later.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Laiche states he has many many years left to play, talk about delusional. Too bad, he was a solid players for years with the Caps, but time waits for no man, and sadly his time is up, I hope he comes to realize this sooner rather than later.

Laich is incredibly active on his Twitter.. recently he posted a picture of himself in a suit walking away from a bentley, and captioned it "dress for the job you want, not the one you have". I find that strange.. was he saying he doesn't want to be an NHL player?

https://twitter.com/brookslaich?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Nowadays a lot of hiring is done through looking at your social media activity, and I know if I was an NHL team looking for a veteran to inspire my youth and such to victory, I'd probably be looking for a heart and soul grizzled veteran whose going to leave it all on the line to help my team win.

I know Laich's activity on social media wouldn't give me the impression that he's that type of person. Seems more like a hollywood star than he does a Grizzled hard working veteran. His posts for 2017 are all about becoming more creative in 2017, and putting his creativity to work online. He's even got a picture of him and Cabbie collaborating on something.

Maybe I'm looking to deep into these things, however it's proven that your social media activity plays a role in being hired/and people opinions of you.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe there's a team that's a Brooks Laich away from the Cup

Laich must be getting some weird career advice. Surely a contender could use their $1.9 million in cap space on something more useful than Brooks Laich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad