Music: Lady Gaga's Super Bowl Performance

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
Gaga did well.

However I kept picturing her from AHS and trying to bang everyone.

As for the next performers, I'd be open to having more of rock show. It's been a while. (Going back to The Who in 2010).

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Gaga did well.

However I kept picturing her from AHS and trying to bang everyone.

As for the next performers, I'd be open to having more of rock show. It's been a while. (Going back to The Who in 2010).

If they did another rock band, it would have to be another band that's 25+ years past their prime. That's how they do the rockers.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The halftime show did the best ratings of the game, in case people thought that it was without substance or appeal.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Weird, I thought the opposite. Felt Just Dance had no place in the set but thought everything else was great especially Telephone and Million Reasons.

To each their own. Million Reasons is admittedly a new release and it does have some roots/country elements, pretty good song. Makes me think she should step away from pop and go into country or rock.

As for going with a rock band........either they are past their prime or they are too obscure. I do not count Maroon 5 as a rock band at this point, but I suppose their popularity can give em an edge, though I sure as hell ain't no fan. If a SB ever ends up happening in Vegas then the Killers would be a natural choice.

I'm honestly just waiting for Taylor Swift to do one of these shows at this point. Biggest star I can think of right now, maybe she can get her posse on board for the show as well.

Last edited:

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm honestly just waiting for Taylor Swift to do one of these shows at this point. Biggest star I can think of right now, maybe she can get her posse on board for the show as well.

I'm wondering if they'd ever give one to Kanye.

He doesn't bring the same demographics as an artist as the other recent picks, but he would generate interest and publicity. He's also a damn good performer that would put on a good show.

The NFL likely doesn't want the drama though.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
People seemingly referring to Metallica as just some metal band that appeals to a niche market and headbangers is simply wrong; Metallica is about as mainstream as you can get for 1980s rock, regardless of it's de facto genre. To say Metallica is that is to say Gaga is "just some pop star." The people who made Metallica popular are old enough to be the parents of most of the people on these boards. They actually wouldn't be a bad choice for a Super Bowl half time that wants to draw in people outside the main market for football. Not as good a choice as Gaga for those purposes of course but let's not pretend they're not insanely popular (and mainstream). They are not just some metal band.

Say what you will about Gaga, but she's probably one of the "best" pop acts currently out there. Certainly one of the few who is going to be remembered fifty years from now. She's unique, individualistic, and even if you don't like the music (I don't), there's substance behind it. Not really sure how many pop artists I can say that about. No one will talk about Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber etc. decades from now, but I think we'll still talk about Gaga.

Metallica sold out and Hetfield became an ass.

Metallica before those two things happened, GOAT

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'm wondering if they'd ever give one to Kanye.

He doesn't bring the same demographics as an artist as the other recent picks, but he would generate interest and publicity. He's also a damn good performer that would put on a good show.

The NFL likely doesn't want the drama though.

Kanye would be glorious. I rarely like his songs but over time I have come to terms with the fact that he is a great source of entertainment.

Even better, have Taylor Swift come in to do the show, then Kanye in his state o' madness suddenly bulls his way onto the stage and takes the mic. :handclap:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Can't stand pop garbage music. I didn't mind it, didn't give a single fack about it, either. Most music I like wouldn't be within 10 miles of the Super Bowl, but there's plenty of rock (not pop rock) that could fit in there just fine. Either way I don't care; I don't expect it to be a musical happening, I expect it to be a performance spectacle and that's what we always get.

I got far more enjoyment out of laughing at this though:

844b0d988a5ecb74118ef14d90f2d135

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Didn't hate it, didn't love it. If someone tried to strike up a conversation not for a second was I going to tell them to hold that thought so I could watch it.

What I did see, don't see any reason to praise what happened. :dunno:

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Metallica sold out and Hetfield became an ass.

Metallica before those two things happened, GOAT

Meh.

It's trendy to hate on Metallica and label them as sold out....

Maybe so, but who cares?... I had my beef with Metallica and stopped liking or listening to them for a very long time.... than Death Magnetic came out and it was a like a re-discovery for me... haven't looked back.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Why have The Beach Boys never performed at halftime?

Good Vibrations, I Get Around, Fun Fun Fun, Barbara Ann, California Girls, Surfin' USA, Kokomo, etc.

Lots of people know the lyrics to these songs. It would make for a great atmosphere with people in the stadium singing along

Yes, they're old as music itself, but they're a huge part of America's music history and it would be great seeing them on America's biggest stage one last time

I saw them live back in 2015 and they can still bring it

You'd have something like 40% of America wondering who they were.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Meh.

It's trendy to hate on Metallica and label them as sold out....

Maybe so, but who cares?... I had my beef with Metallica and stopped liking or listening to them for a very long time.... than Death Magnetic came out and it was a like a re-discovery for me... haven't looked back.
Well, someone who doesn't feel they had that resurgence would care.

Seems unfair to scoff at something on the grounds that it's "trendy", IMO. To that, I would say maybe so, but who cares? You could still easily arrive at the same conclusion and not like the band anymore whether it's trendy or not.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Let me start by saying that I like most metal but absolutely despise the typical thick-headed closed-minded ugly-as-**** metalhead.

Now that I have lost your attention... the goddamn half-time show is not marketed to football fans. It is marketed to ALL the regular folks that watch the game because, well, it is a social thing. These people watch for the HTS and the commercials. They are being targeted by all the mainstream bs. It is about the spectacle, not the music.

If you don't like it, do like I do when I am not a nervous reck because the Pats are playing and go buy more beer or something.

I don't like Gaga, but she did a very good job. Very entertaining show.

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
Let me start by saying that I like most metal but absolutely despise the typical thick-headed closed-minded ugly-as-**** metalhead.

To be fair this could apply to any passionate fanbase (hip-hop heads, pcmasterrace, sony vs xbox, ford vs chevy ettc), and if you were directing this at me. I could care less what people like or listen to, I do however think it's irrational to just disregard someone due to a conflicting opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad