Ladislav Smid Appreciation Thread

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
****, of all the guys to go. and of all places. what the **** is this team doing?

ladi, sorry man, one of my favourite players on this team.

Pennertration

Oct 25, 2007
Calgary
Will definitely miss Smid. Hard-nosed D-man and a good team guy. We've now dealt the Flames Smid and Staios - two guys I'm proud to have called Oilers (although Staios was terrible when we moved him).

I do think Smid's game had dropped off a bit this year, so maybe the wear and tear is catching up with him. Still, gonna miss him.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Class act who wants to be here and we ship him to our biggest rival. Sounds like classic Oilers management.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Seriously one of my favorite oilers since we got him from Anaheim. I am livid right now that our management team has no idea what players are core players and what players should be shipped out. Seriously, this is a mistake. Bigger than Glencross, and to the same team FFS. MacT, and whoever else is making these decision, go **** yourselves. Seriously. Learn to ****ing manage a team.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I thought Smid was overrated after his great 2011-2012 season but it sucks to see him go still. Especially to the Calgary ****ing Flames..

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
fave dman on the oilers since pronger and smith left. hate to see him in a flames jersey.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Gonna miss you, Ladi. You gave it everything you had every time you stepped on the ice. On the plus side, you get to stay close to home and play for a decent organization, rather than this ****show.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He came in looking very soft and disappointing, but he eventually did pretty much everything that was asked of him. We've lost an important part of our team today to our bitter rivals for what's potentially garbage.

Goodbye Smid. I'll miss you. I hope that Edmonton fails to score a goal while you're on the ice for the remainder of your career.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I was a Smid hater the first few years he wore copper and blue. Thought his max upside was second pairing - but he's developed nicely into an NHL regular that isn't an immobile pylon like Whitney.

He's underrated IMO. Awesome shot blocker. I love how he stood up for others. I wish he spent more time in the AHL to develop his offensive skill. He used to rush the puck into the O-zone with ease, but rarely does that now.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Makes me very sad to say this, but at least he's going to a better organization.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Eakins to MacT: "Hey this Smid guy is not bad - he hits, plays tough and blocks shots."

MacT to KLo: "Hey Kevvy, I think we need to get rid of Smid, he plays tough and hits guys - that is not our style."

KLo to MacT: "Get rid of this clown or we will never win the lottery - there is a great small forward available at #1 again this year. He's all ours! We better trade Laddy to our lottery competition.... hey and we can also piss off all of those 'non-paying' fans off at the same time!. Man am I smart - I have the most Stanley Cup rings of anyone in the business today and now I win again! Right Mac?"

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
I only ever noticed him making a difference when he was the hardest player on the Oilers to play against. Which was every game he played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad