Ladislav Smid Appreciation Thread

nullmeatbag

Jun 16, 2009
My favourite player by far. Will miss him and will puke when I see him in a Flames jersey.

Best of luck, Ladi!

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Sorry to see Ladi go, thanks for not testing the UFA market and signing here and for blocking shots and the only tough dman to play against on this team. You will do fine in Calgary unfortunately.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
I hope he scores a hat trick every time he plays against the Oilers. Beauty of a guy.

Oilers management has the IQ of a donkey's testicle.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
:( so sad. Great guy and a warrior for the team. As much as I hate to say it, good luck on the Flames.

DareDoiler

Jan 29, 2010
Yup. I'll definitely miss the guy. He worked hard for the team and was one of the very few I truly believed lived being an oiler.

Good luck in calgary, ladi

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
I hate to see Laddy go. He has been my favourite Oiler for years.

Sad to see the warrior go.

Last edited:

phil steve

Sep 2, 2011
The best part about this trade is that it does absolutely nothing to make he oilers a better team.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Well, I guess since you loved the team so much, we did the next best thing to winning and set you free.

Honestly, when you think of players of the Jason Smith ilk who bled copper and blue, this... this was the guy.

Nice and soft. Just the way everyone in the West wants us.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Well, I guess since you loved the team so much, we did the next best thing to winning and set you free.

Honestly, when you think of players of the Jason Smith ilk who bled copper and blue, this... this was the guy.

Nice and soft. Just the way everyone in the West wants us.

Exactly! Why the **** would you get rid of him?

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
**** you MacT. **** you Lowe. **** you Howson. **** you Katz.

To Smid,

I'll always remember the urinal.

Sincerly,

The guy you drunkenly started talking to at the urinal.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Eakins to MacT: "Hey this Smid guy is not bad - he hits, plays tough and blocks shots."

MacT to KLo: "Hey Kevvy, I think we need to get rid of Smid, he plays tough and hits guys - that is not our style."

KLo to MacT: "Get rid of this clown or we will never win the lottery - there is a great small forward available at #1 again this year. He's all ours! We better trade Laddy to our lottery competition.... hey and we can also piss off all of those 'non-paying' fans off at the same time!. Man am I smart - I have the most Stanley Cup rings of anyone in the business today and now I win again! Right Mac?"

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Is this like fan fiction? Is this normal?

SLURVE

Oct 20, 2011
One of the toughest player who would sacrifice his body blocking a hard shot. A common sight is to see him block a shot and then grimace in pain gets up and play until the whistle blows and then comes back blocking another shot. Smid sticks up for his players and is passionate and loyal to the Copper and Blue. We will miss your tenacity and hard work. Good luck Smid.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Wrong guy to trade. But after his contract this summer he seemed a little bit distracted. Unfortunately, that's all the new coach has seen.

Hard to beat the work ethic of Smid, he's going to be missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad