NFL: LA Relocation thread. The Los Angeles Rams/Chargers of Inglewood

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Up to the NFL now. Long overdue for LA to get a team again, but man... always hate it when a market loses its team (even for a relatively nearby relocation like this).

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Rams should be the #1 choice to move there. They are pretty much the only original LA team (save for two early years in CLE) and were relocated for utter stupidity the first time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
>The NFL doesn't need LA, NY or Chicago to thrive.

LA maybe, but lolwut on the other two.

As long as they can actually draw i'm cool with it. It would look awfully dumb if somebody moved to LA and played to an empty stadium within a couple years.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Rams should be the #1 choice to move there. They are pretty much the only original LA team (save for two early years in CLE) and were relocated for utter stupidity the first time.

rams seem like the least likely now after the new proposal city of st louis made

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
imo if i was commisoner, i would just keep rams in st louis ( the city made a big offer to get them to stay) and just move one of the chargers/raiders. much easier to do

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
And then there were three.

I'm inclined to think that St. Louis will finish the day with one of the teams, considering how much more cooperative they've been to kowtowing to stadium demands.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If it's gonna be one team, it has to be the Rams. They still have their core fan base in Los Angeles

city of st louis made a huge offer to stay, city of oakland didnt. nfl probably gonna do oakland and accept the city of st louis offer

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
>The NFL doesn't need LA, NY or Chicago to thrive.

LA maybe, but lolwut on the other two.

As long as they can actually draw i'm cool with it. It would look awfully dumb if somebody moved to LA and played to an empty stadium within a couple years.

The bears have been pretty much a dumpster fire since 85 outside of like 06 and 2010. Twice in 30 years isn't a big deal.

The Jets have mostly been trash since 1969.

The Giants aren't even a consistent winner. I mean after 90 and before 07 they had one good year. The NFL doesn't really need anyone market. Its the one league that can say that because people will watch. Its the only league where people would watch a Denver/Seattle championship. For baseball those would get horrendous ratings.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The NFL can only do one team if it's the Rams, but the NFL has a policy of not moving teams from cities that have deals in line to keep them.

The Raiders/Chargers stadium project is a joint deal, one can't come without the other.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The NFL can only do one team if it's the Rams, but the NFL has a policy of not moving teams from cities that have deals in line to keep them.

The Raiders/Chargers stadium project is a joint deal, one can't come without the other.

thats gonna be interesting. Los Angeles having to decide which new team to root for

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Raiders fanbase here is pretty much established. There are lots of Raider fans here. The Chargers are going to shoot for everyone else.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Are there any other obvious near-term future landing sites for the team(s) that don't move to LA?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the Raiders and Chargers both end up in LA, you have to wonder about realignment. The NFL is going to want one of the LA teams in the NFC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad