La Liga 2022-23

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
People in depression don't have any easy position to address their struggle.
By definition, depressed people DON'T address their struggles, except if they get help from their surroundings to find the strength to.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
People in depression don't have any easy position to address their struggle.
By definition, depressed people DON'T address their struggles, except if they get help from their surroundings to find the strength to.

I didn't say "easy", I said "easier".

By definition? I wouldn't know, but I've never seen a definition of it that says someone who is depressed does not address their struggles. I have a friend who was depressed and sought help despite no help from anyone else, but everyone is different.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Depression can be remarkably isolating and can cause a person to feel like they can't get help, they're not worthy of help, that they can't be helped, that they don't deserve help, etc. None of which is true, but while that can be easy to say and see from the outside, to an individual going through it, the fact that everyone is worthy and valued can be hard to see and understand.

To lack sympathy for someone who is going through a depression just because they're wealthier than the average person is a horrendous take. It's a health issue, not a money issue.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I'm sure Putin is having a depression as well now because how the things are going, but I despise anyone thinking he deserves sympathy for that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm sure Putin is having a depression as well now because how the things are going, but I despise anyone thinking he deserves sympathy for that.
You don't get depression because something is not working in your life.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not because.

What causes depression? - Harvard Health

"It's often said that depression results from a chemical imbalance, but that figure of speech doesn't capture how complex the disease is. Research suggests that depression doesn't spring from simply having too much or too little of certain brain chemicals. Rather, there are many possible causes of depression, including faulty mood regulation by the brain, genetic vulnerability, and stressful life events. It's believed that several of these forces interact to bring on depression."

Anyway...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No literally the opposite.
Quite clearly, not.
Depression is not something created by an event, but rather the event can make it appear more clearly. But depression was always there.
I suggest you talk about it with a doctor.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Quite clearly, not.
Depression is not something created by an event, but rather the event can make it appear more clearly. But depression was always there.
I suggest you talk about it with a doctor.

What I quoted literally states it can be caused by a stressful life event and I provided a source. Like I said, anyway...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What I quoted literally states it can be caused by a stressful life event and I provided a source. Like I said, anyway...
WHO says the contrary :
"La dépression est un trouble mental courant. On estime que 5 % des adultes en souffrent dans le monde. Elle se caractérise par une tristesse persistante et un manque d’intérêt ou de plaisir pour des activités auparavant enrichissantes ou agréables. Elle peut également se traduire par un manque de sommeil et d’appétit. La fatigue et les difficultés de concentration sont fréquentes. La dépression est l’une des principales causes ’de handicap dans le monde et contribue grandement à la charge mondiale de morbidité. Les effets de la dépression peuvent être durables ou récurrents et peuvent affecter considérablement la capacité d’une personne à fonctionner et à vivre une vie enrichissante.
La dépression est due à des interactions complexes entre des facteurs sociaux, psychologiques et biologiques. Des événements de la vie tels que l’adversité vécue pendant l’enfance, le deuil et le chômage favorisent la dépression."

They favor. They don't cause it.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
WHO says the contrary :
"La dépression est un trouble mental courant. On estime que 5 % des adultes en souffrent dans le monde. Elle se caractérise par une tristesse persistante et un manque d’intérêt ou de plaisir pour des activités auparavant enrichissantes ou agréables. Elle peut également se traduire par un manque de sommeil et d’appétit. La fatigue et les difficultés de concentration sont fréquentes. La dépression est l’une des principales causes ’de handicap dans le monde et contribue grandement à la charge mondiale de morbidité. Les effets de la dépression peuvent être durables ou récurrents et peuvent affecter considérablement la capacité d’une personne à fonctionner et à vivre une vie enrichissante.
La dépression est due à des interactions complexes entre des facteurs sociaux, psychologiques et biologiques. Des événements de la vie tels que l’adversité vécue pendant l’enfance, le deuil et le chômage favorisent la dépression."

They favor. They don't cause it.

Depression

"The causes of depression include complex interactions between social, psychological and biological factors. Life events such as childhood adversity, loss and unemployment contribute to and may catalyse the development of depression."

Same source, with link. Very clear. Like I said though, I'm really not discussing it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Alba and busi walk off as champions. Couldn’t see the game but saw the pictures, busi should be a coach at some point. A new era is upon us though. Sad times it was a wonderful ride and both players deserve a proper sending off, absolute legends for Barca.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Alba and busi walk off as champions. Couldn’t see the game but saw the pictures, busi should be a coach at some point. A new era is upon us though. Sad times it was a wonderful ride and both players deserve a proper sending off, absolute legends for Barca.

Barca organized a nice triple farewell for Busquets, Alba and Camp Nou. The festivities lasted over an hour after the match ended.

Busquets said in his speech that this is not a permanent goodbye rather than see you later, that he'll be back one day in some capacity.

Fati with two goals and Lewa was the provider with nice assists. Balde injured his ankle badly and it was in a cast during the festivities.

The relegation battle will be intense for several teams next weekend.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barça Athletic beat Madrid's Castilla side 4-2 at home in the first leg of the promotion semifinal. Tie is definitely not done and dusted and the Castilla is good enough to turn it around in the second leg.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I’ve been putting off the last couple of La Liga matches and I can’t seem to be arsed. Will probably catch up. Either way, what a bad finish to the season. They could have finished with what, 94 points or whatever, and that really would have at least capped off a strong league season. Really seems as though they just phoned it in despite the lineups. Sure our opponents had something to play for, but still.

Speaking of lineups and selection, Xavi still getting shit wrong. Pablo Torre for 18 minutes in that final match is pretty disgusting and the kid really should look for a move away this Summer. Sure it was a friendly and I don’t know Vissel Kobe’s level, but sounds like the kid did really well against them too.

Nice send offs for Busquets and Alba. I think Butragueno attended Busquets‘ in an official capacity (?) which if so was a very odd but professional move from Madrid.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barça Athletic beat Madrid's Castilla side 4-2 at home in the first leg of the promotion semifinal. Tie is definitely not done and dusted and the Castilla is good enough to turn it around in the second leg.

And the Castilla team wins the second leg 3-0, so there goes promotion for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad