La Liga 2022-23

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don’t ever want to see Alonso or Garcia play for us again. We’ve allowed something like 10 goals this season with Garcia as a starter, which is more than half.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not necessarily perfect, but some significant actions were taken in wake of the events that happened at the Mestalla.

-Vinicius Jr‘s red card has been rescinded.
-Valencia receive a partial stadium closure for 5 matches.
-Arrests made in connection to the events prior to the derby match against Atleti.

So, La Liga bowing to pressure despite nothing had changed since the Valencia match. At least they’ve not been so tone deaf so as not to do something. Still, plenty more should be done staring with Tebas apologizing and stepping down.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Not necessarily perfect, but some significant actions were taken in wake of the events that happened at the Mestalla.

-Vinicius Jr‘s red card has been rescinded.
-Valencia receive a partial stadium closure for 5 matches.
-Arrests made in connection to the events prior to the derby match against Atleti.

So, La Liga bowing to pressure despite nothing had changed since the Valencia match. At least they’ve not been so tone deaf so as not to do something. Still, plenty more should be done staring with Tebas apologizing and stepping down.

It was a red regardless of what happened. Should have given also some sort of ban to Duro for what he did but Vini's card was justified.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
As usually you missed the point. Supporters did not stop others from chanting racial slurs in this case or the laundry list of other incidents. Why would they choose to now? This is the first problem I came into realisation without sitting down and really thinking of it.

That's EXACTLY the point.
Until it becomes the norm to NOT racially abuse people - you hit them with bans and suspensions over and over again.
Until it becomes the norm for people to not feel comfortable hurling racial insults at people while in a crowd, hit them with bans and suspensions over and over again.

If they play entire seasons in front of empty stands and stadiums, so be it.

I promise you, it will work.
But it will cost money, empty stands bring in no revenue, neither for the club and consequently for the league - so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Larin looking unstoppable for Valladolid, he may actually bring these guys to La Liga salvation.

Crazy 6 months ago he was struggling to see the field with Brugge.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Cross posting this from the MLS thread so I can hype up Riqui:

Still sad to him gone. Hopefully he returns to La Liga soon.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sad to see Alba leaving. Busquets is a legend, but Alba is a club legend as well. I‘ve said this numerous times, but for the period of a very long time this hasn’t been a LB in the top five leagues with as many assists as Alba. Also, while I think he’s getting some money in going, he could have stayed next season and cost the team a lot more money. He also could and should have played a bit more this season, but no problems from him despite losing his spot as a starter. Time feels right all things consider, but he’ll be missed.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Big wins for Mallorca and Osasuna today. Mallorca may have already been safe, but now they for sure are. Osasuna leapfrog Athletic Club on what I assume is head-to-head. Meanwhile, despite being 13th Valencia are only two points from the drop zone.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
LOL, right. So he felt imprisoned but just couldn't bring himself to leave and drop that fat contract. Poor guy.

And on a side note, see what I've said about Football Espana? Factual information, fine, but wouldn't take anything else from them seriously.

Apparently there was something lost in translation and "imprisoned" should have been "depression". I've not experienced depression in any serious way, at least as far as I know, so far be it for me to say anything, but he has a pretty privileged life that I would think would be difficult to be depressed about. That said, he had some injury issues of course.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, fair play to him. If he meant depression, rich or poor. Depression doesn't discriminate. Actually the stupidly rich are probably more prone to it.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Depression has no link whatsoever with the quality of your life.

I don't disagree, but I know plenty of people who complain about various aspects of their lives and do nothing about it including seeking help. And regardless of that, I'm still not going to be overly sympathetic with someone who is in a position to more easily address it than the vast majority of others who might be suffering the same fate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad