La Liga 2022-23

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Again what is stopping an idiot fan from a rival team buying a ticket dressing in his rival's team kit and chanting slurs to hurt the team?
I've heard this nonsense before on the internet.
If you dress up as a Dinamo Zagreb fan, or a fan of any other club in Europe, SA or Africa - and do something that will do something to hurt your club - you're probably gonna need police/security to walk you out of there.

And it's not like the bans or suspensions would be for some 4 guys who're masquerading as home fans in this ridiculous scenario.

Anyway, it's so ridiculous, I don't know why you're presenting it or why I'm writing about it.
And you know it too.

Anyway, yeah. Suspensions and bans work.

Here, we've had numerous games played without fans because home fans did pyrotechnics.
One suspension, nothing. 2nd, nothing. 3rd, ehh not being able to go to home games kind of sucks.
4th, man it really does suck not being able to go to football games and my club losing money because of morons.
Soon enough, the club is hemorrhaging money, fans aren't getting to go to games and noone's happy.
Very soon after that, the fans are basically policing themselves, and the club itself is more aware of how to handle the situation - because playing games with no fans hurts them financially, which is where it hurts the most.

There is a way to root out racism in football stadiums. It's not complicated either.
You probably won't do anything to have those people be less racist, but at least they can act less racist.
Suspensions and bans. It does work.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I've heard this nonsense before on the internet.
If you dress up as a Dinamo Zagreb fan, or a fan of any other club in Europe, SA or Africa - and do something that will do something to hurt your club - you're probably gonna need police/security to walk you out of there.

And it's not like the bans or suspensions would be for some 4 guys who're masquerading as home fans in this ridiculous scenario.

Anyway, it's so ridiculous, I don't know why you're presenting it or why I'm writing about it.
And you know it too.

Anyway, yeah. Suspensions and bans work.

Here, we've had numerous games played without fans because home fans did pyrotechnics.
One suspension, nothing. 2nd, nothing. 3rd, ehh not being able to go to home games kind of sucks.
4th, man it really does suck not being able to go to football games and my club losing money because of morons.
Soon enough, the club is hemorrhaging money, fans aren't getting to go to games and noone's happy.
Very soon after that, the fans are basically policing themselves, and the club itself is more aware of how to handle the situation - because playing games with no fans hurts them financially, which is where it hurts the most.

There is a way to root out racism in football stadiums. It's not complicated either.
You probably won't do anything to have those people be less racist, but at least they can act less racist.
Suspensions and bans. It does work.
As usually you missed the point. Supporters did not stop others from chanting racial slurs in this case or the laundry list of other incidents. Why would they choose to now? This is the first problem I came into realisation without sitting down and really thinking of it.

Bans and suspicions would likely work, yes.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Title is secured, but for me it matters. I want to see certain players like Torre get some serious minutes. Also, need to secure Lewandowski the Pichichi and Ter Stegen the Zamora, though in the latter’s case I’d consider sitting him the rest of the season so he breaks all the records. Something tells me he‘s not the sort to want to do that though so go ahead and start him. Still, I’d leave at least one of the final three matches for Pena.

Reactions: Power Man

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Again what is stopping an idiot fan from a rival team buying a ticket dressing in his rival's team kit and chanting slurs to hurt the team?

Yeah I also think this is a bad hypothetical. If someone pulled that shit in the US they'd get the shit beaten out of them, there would be no doubt what happened and everything would continue. If that wouldn't happen there that's a problem with society. The fact the crowd allows these people to get away with it without bodily harm is a huge part of the problem.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah I also think this is a bad hypothetical. If someone pulled that shit in the US they'd get the shit beaten out of them, there would be no doubt what happened and everything would continue. If that wouldn't happen there that's a problem with society. The fact the crowd allows these people to get away with it without bodily harm is a huge part of the problem.
You have ultras leading the charge I imagine. I also wouldn’t condone vigilantes… that’s a Pandora box no one should open.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You have ultras leading the charge I imagine. I also wouldn’t condone vigilantes… that’s a Pandora box no one should open.

Yeah but if let's say one guy at a Lakers game started calling Lebron the N word over and over. No matter if this guy is wearing a Lakers jersey or not this guy is not making it out of there easily, which is a lot more how it should be. In Valencia anyway obviously nobody really cared.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Business picking up in Vigo. Celta get the goal with a bit of luck. Hopefully Aspas comes on in the second half as Larsen isn’t offering much for me.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah but if let's say one guy at a Lakers game started calling Lebron the N word over and over. No matter if this guy is wearing a Lakers jersey or not this guy is not making it out of there easily, which is a lot more how it should be. In Valencia anyway obviously nobody really cared.
Its also very different atmospheres and double the amount of people

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Title is secured, but for me it matters. I want to see certain players like Torre get some serious minutes. Also, need to secure Lewandowski the Pichichi and Ter Stegen the Zamora, though in the latter’s case I’d consider sitting him the rest of the season so he breaks all the records. Something tells me he‘s not the sort to want to do that though so go ahead and start him. Still, I’d leave at least one of the final three matches for Pena.

Torre starts today.

Christensen with a nice headed goal from a cross, too bad it was into own net.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Lot of Vinicius rumors. I don't buy into the idea of his exit, but you can understand the players frustrations.

I do think he is attempting to put significant pressure on the league to start actually being agents of change rather than just passive onlookers, and if it doesn't change in the next 12 months, then maybe the leaving thing becomes serious.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Really soft penalty there. Really soft. Garcia literally touched him toe to toe, and barely at that, and then the Valladolid player connects with Garcia with his second leg. Valladolid player also embellished. That said, no idea why Garcia even gets that close.

We need another wide player on and we’ll absolutely need a DM this Summer.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
WTF is Xavi thinking? If you’re going to pull Ter Stegen then don’t f***ing start him in the first place. Also saw he was yanking Torre, but that was ESPN’s mistake so a pass for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad