La Liga 2022-23

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Since, im banned in the transfer thread here's to the new season of Spanish football. Hope for a better product than last year's dismal display from each and every club. Zzzzzzz

With Lewa finally done and everyone crying in the transfer thread, I cant wait for Kounde to be snatched next.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

If they don't get a Kounde alternative I dont know what to say... Instead of signing Raphina why not save some cash and get a positional need? As of today we have 7 forwards fighting for 3 spots... Both Martinez and Kounde leave this window when either would've solidified a defence thats been dire for 4 years! I'll give Alemany the benefit of the doubt and wait until its all said and done but as of now it doesn't look good.

Other options next year would be Timber/ maybe Cuti.

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

If they don't get a Kounde alternative I dont know what to say... Instead of signing Raphina why not save some cash and get a positional need? As of today we have 7 forwards fighting for 3 spots... Both Martinez and Kounde leave this window when either would've solidified a defence thats been dire for 4 years! I'll give Alemany the benefit of the doubt and wait until its all said and done but as of now it doesn't look good.

Other options next year would be Timber/ maybe Cuti.

A few things:

--We did sign Christiansen.
--Chelsea are offering almost double (net) what we'd offer Kounde.
--Inigo Martinez in the rumor mill today and that would be a tragic mistake.
--Azpilicueta still sounds like a thing.

Saliba would be the right answer right now if they could do it. Anyway, dumping the dead wood also needs to kick into high gear.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Saliba is totally doable. His relationship with Arteta isn't going any better and he wants soem garantees, which Arteta refuses to give.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
EDIT : let me take that back, apparently, Arteta made the promises and Saliba is signing an extension.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
A few things:

--We did sign Christiansen.
--Chelsea are offering almost double (net) what we'd offer Kounde.
--Inigo Martinez in the rumor mill today and that would be a tragic mistake.
--Azpilicueta still sounds like a thing.

Saliba would be the right answer right now if they could do it. Anyway, dumping the dead wood also needs to kick into high gear.
Christian isn’t a starter.
Fair but why go after raphina if you are cap crunching? That’s my issue.
Martinez old not the right Martinez plus as you say cost.
Azp meh

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Christensen is at this point better than Pique, if Xavi doesn't start Christensen then he's a goofball
It’s not as clear cut as you think but I don’t feel comfortable of either of them starting if you actually want to compete and win trophies otherwise it was the point in overpaying for Lewa and others?

I have full confidence in Xavi, and the guys upstairs buuut so far it seems like their caught in two minds. I’d like a more coherent strategy but willing to save my opinions until the summer is over.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Christian isn’t a starter.
Fair but why go after raphina if you are cap crunching? That’s my issue.
Martinez old not the right Martinez plus as you say cost.
Azp meh

The window is still open and Araujo, Pique and Christiansen should be fine.
Not that I agree, but Xavi wants two top players at every position.
Don't understand that line.
Meh, but cheap.

Christensen is at this point better than Pique, if Xavi doesn't start Christensen then he's a goofball

He's not better as of the end of last season or really any season prior to that. If he is now, we'll see. Pique is currently slightly injured after all.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
EDIT : let me take that back, apparently, Arteta made the promises and Saliba is signing an extension.
Well there goes that board talking point (not directed at you; there are multiple people who have been convinced their team is 30M away from Saliba)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I saw something about him not getting playing time he would want. That said knowing he supported Arsenal growing up I would have expected to not only want to succeed in the Premiership but also at the club.

Well there goes that board talking point (not directed at you; there are multiple people who have been convinced their team is 30M away from Saliba)

Convinced? I haven't, but I haven't been looking for it either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad