La liga 2021-2022 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I agree with everything else you said, but who is that one player? Cruyff, Hagi (like in my case), Stoichkov, Romario, Ronaldinho? Cause they all did wonder in making Barcelona one of the biggest global brands in football.
I would say that Messi combined with the globalization of European football (easier to see the games all around the world) contributed largely to making Barcelona a global brand.

That being said, you are 100% right that other players contributed establishing the brand earlier.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
"Qualified for World Cup" lol come on
Plenty of good players did not qualify for the World Cup. I wouldn’t exactly say it’s a low bar based on how AFCON qualifies. Also it reinforces that Mane kind of stole Mo Salah’s BDO resume.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I respect your passion, your dedication to your club and your general football knowledge. You can call me stupid all you want for "Haha"ing a dumb taunt, I do not mind it. But the bolded? Come on. That's a ridiculous generalization, especially when you support a club that, due to ONE player, has become one of the biggest global brands in football and therefore has its share of bandwagoners (which is fine, sports is entertainment, I am not going to start gate keeping). It is even funnier considering that, NOT EVEN A WEEK AGO, your stadium was overtaken by freaking Frankfurt supporters.... because Cules sold them their tickets (and scalpers, of course, let's not generalize). I mean, I get it, a club of Barca's stature should be ashamed of playing on Thursdays.... but jeez, that pretty "plastic" and "fair weather" isn't it...

You brag about being a paying club member despite living far away... guess what, I am too (not a socio, but I doubt you are one... and good for you if you are). I have been supporting Real Madrid for over 20 years and have been posting on this sub-forum for 10 years, win or lose. So, yeah, correct the stupid shit that was said all you want, but do not go at the entire supporter base because you are mad at one guy saying stupid shit. I find it rather insulting considering I know you know I have been here forever.

Well at least you acknowledged the post you liked was dumb, which is an understatement. Not as dumb as actually liking, but it was dumb post indeed. As far as the supporters thing goes, look at what I was replying to.

And talk about generalizations and bolded parts of posts...

I don't know enough about the tickets thing, but it sounds like there was more to it than that and I don't know what was on offer for the sellers.

I wasn't bragging, I was responding to the post. Again, have a look at it. If you need me to interpret for you I can. Maybe that's why you've only replied to me and not him. And yes, I was a socio for years and still have the cards on top of having supported the club over 20 years. And I've been on this forum for longer than that and it's pretty clear when people show up and when they disappear.

Well be sure to get your reply to the post I replied to at some point since it's such a concern of yours. And I'll leave it there apart from noting, it's a two-way street.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well at least you acknowledged the post you liked was dumb, which is an understatement. Not as dumb as actually liking, but it was dumb post indeed. As far as the supporters thing goes, look at what I was replying to.

And talk about generalizations and bolded parts of posts...

I don't know enough about the tickets thing, but it sounds like there was more to it than that and I don't know what was on offer for the sellers.

I wasn't bragging, I was responding to the post. Again, have a look at it. If you need me to interpret for you I can. Maybe that's why you've only replied to me and not him. And yes, I was a socio for years and still have the cards on top of having supported the club over 20 years. And I've been on this forum for longer than that and it's pretty clear when people show up and when they disappear.

Well be sure to get your reply to the post I replied to at some point since it's such a concern of yours. And I'll leave it there apart from noting, it's a two-way street.
The only problem I had with your post was you saying that all Madridistas are fair weather and plastic. If you want to accuse a guy who posts every blue moon of being plastic, go for it. Lumping everyone together, when I have been here for more than a decade posting quasi-daily AND, just like you, being a card-carrying supporter, does annoy me. I have never and would never go after the fandom of any Barca supporter.

I mean, if a Cadiz fan accused all Madridistas of being fair weather and plastic, I would just ignore it. But when a Cule does, I find it rather ironic considering they are one of the most popular clubs globally and have their fair share of plastic fans (just like City, Chelsea, PSG, United, LFC, Bayern and all the other big clubs do). Especially when it is someone I frequently interact with.

As for the ticket thing, I do not really care about that and I am pretty sure the same could happen at the Bernabeu if we ended up playing on Thursdays. My point was that all fans can be fickle. Especially when you support a giant, you expect to be playing the CL, not the EL.

I also do not get why a Madridista "haha"ing a post taking a shot at Barca angers you. I did not take time to analyze anything, I just found it funny (hence the "haha" and not the "like") that the spread is now bigger than when Xavi was named. That's it. I do not think Xavi sucks or that Barca won't be a threat next year (hell, you guys destroyed us 4-0 at the Bernabeu not even a month ago).

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The only problem I had with your post was you saying that all Madridistas are fair weather and plastic. If you want to accuse a guy who posts every blue moon of being plastic, go for it. Lumping everyone together, when I have been here for more than a decade posting quasi-daily AND, just like you, being a card-carrying supporter, does annoy me. I have never and would never go after the fandom of any Barca supporter.

I mean, if a Cadiz fan accused all Madridistas of being fair weather and plastic, I would just ignore it. But when a Cule does, I find it rather ironic considering they are one of the most popular clubs globally and have their fair share of plastic fans (just like City, Chelsea, PSG, United, LFC, Bayern and all the other big clubs do). Especially when it is someone I frequently interact with.

As for the ticket thing, I do not really care about that and I am pretty sure the same could happen at the Bernabeu if we ended up playing on Thursdays. My point was that all fans can be fickle. Especially when you support a giant, you expect to be playing the CL, not the EL.

I also do not get why a Madridista "haha"ing a post taking a shot at Barca angers you. I did not take time to analyze anything, I just found it funny (hence the "haha" and not the "like") that the spread is now bigger than when Xavi was named. That's it. I do not think Xavi sucks or that Barca won't be a threat next year (hell, you guys destroyed us 4-0 at the Bernabeu not even a month ago).
Right, that's why you're only replying to my post.

For the record, I'm not angry. I'm just telling it like it is. Yes, you clearly didn't analyze anything. The fact that you bought into the nonsense about the spread being bigger says it all really.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
To be fair the African WC Qualifiers are a blood bath, especially in the current format
It is difficult to qualify from Africa, but that's not my point.
Plenty of good players did not qualify for the World Cup. I wouldn’t exactly say it’s a low bar based on how AFCON qualifies. Also it reinforces that Mane kind of stole Mo Salah’s BDO resume.
Because he scored a couple penalties while the opposing team was being blinded by lasers? Please.

Considering team accolades for individual awards has always been nonsense but using 'qualified for the World Cup' is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Reactions: Power Man

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It is difficult to qualify from Africa, but that's not my point.

Because he scored a couple penalties while the opposing team was being blinded by lasers? Please.

Considering team accolades for individual awards has always been nonsense but using 'qualified for the World Cup' is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Its not scraping the bottom of the barrel, if other contending players did not qualify for the the World Cup.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Right, that's why you're only replying to my post.

For the record, I'm not angry. I'm just telling it like it is. Yes, you clearly didn't analyze anything. The fact that you bought into the nonsense about the spread being bigger says it all really.
I mean, I saw plenty of memes online saying it was 12 points when he was appointed and still is (now 15, but there is a game in hand). I found it funny. It is just Madridistas coping after losing the Clasico. At the end of the day, it is not serious.

The poster you were debating was very aggressive towards Barca, so I understand why you went back at him. All I did not like was you lumping all Madridistas together. My assumption is that you only did it because I "haha"'d his original post. That is why I answered to you and you only. I have defended Barca plenty of times, so it is not as if I was constantly fanboyish.

Anyway, it is a small thing. I am not mad either, I just thought it sucked and wanted to discuss it.

Have a great day my friend ;)

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Its not scraping the bottom of the barrel, if other contending players did not qualify for the the World Cup.
Players do not qualify for the World Cup. Countries do. If this is the sort of criteria that counts toward being named POTY, it's a worthless award.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Players do not qualify for the World Cup. Countries do. If this is the sort of criteria that counts toward being named POTY, it's a worthless award.
Okay - so let me ask this a different way. If (not saying they are but as an example) Benzema and Salah were the top two for BDO, so you think people wouldn’t use Salah not qualifying for the World Cup against him? They certainly would.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Well, Cristiano Ronaldo won once mostly based on qualifying (and only via playoffs at that) , and lots of people thought his award was worthless, you're right about that.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
At least Real got to rest players, as Asensio, Caballos, Camavinga started and even Isco got playing time.

For the title, Barca needs to win 6/7 and a draw from their remaining matches, and Real need to lose all 5 of theirs. So Real could be crowned champions even before they play their next match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad