La liga 2021-2022 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Good training match for the CL, hopefully they would now party hard for the next few days.

Kidding aside, at least the only consolation is that they won't be able to celebrate for long right now.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I mean no Real fan was ever worried in a game against Espanyol, unless the pericos were fighting to stay in the division or something.
Of course, I can't remember the last time Espanyol took points of Madrid.

Wait, wait... I'm being told it was earlier this season? That can't be right, doesn't fit the narrative.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'm just messing with you guys, Espanyol has actually a better historical record against Real than against Barcelona. I'm sure you're not too worried when you're playing them though

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
There wasn't much fight in Atletico as they lost to Athletic Bilbao. With Sevilla dropping points yesterday against Cadiz, these teams in CL spots aren't making a good impression now.

Hopefully Barcelona can fare better on Sunday.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Finally able to catch a match again. Very meh performance yesterday despite the win. I thought the team lacked intensity, though they still created some good chances. Frustrating they let in that goal as I think we might have seen Riqui get some minutes otherwise. Saw today he hasn't played in the last 10 matches which quite frankly is bullshit. Anyway, thought Gavi, Alba, Busquets and Depay stood out more than the rest. Too bad we haven't seen more goals like that from Busquets during his career.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Whoo! You could see it before he hit it. What a strike by Alba and a great winner. We need depth at LB, but I still say it’s gonna be difficult for anyone they can bring in to unseat Alba.

Another somewhat frustrating performance, but fair result. Match was pretty even though.

And I have to congratulate a rival. Congrats to Betis on their Copa del Rey win.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Hopefully Ansu Fati remains injury free for a while now, he made an impact right after coming on.

Yeah, it was a nice nice moment for old man full backs Dani Alves and Jordi Alba combined for that goal.

With the CL now all but mathematically secured, for the remaining fixtures Barca should definitely only play those who will likely be with them next season.

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Hopefully Ansu Fati remains injury free for a while now, he made an impact right after coming on.

Yeah, it was a nice nice moment for old man full backs Dani Alves and Jordi Alba combined for that goal.

With the CL now all but mathematically secured, for the remaining fixtures Barca should definitely only play those who will likely be with them next season.

It wasn’t the best finish, but he had some flashes and scoring will likely increase his confidence. The key is to keep bringing him on and not rushing him.

It is mathematically secured after today. As far as who plays for the final three matches, I think it’s a mixed bag. I see your point, but then maybe you wanna put some players in the shop window or see what they can do if they’re given a chance. Riqui is a prime example. Also though, a lot of the players are tired and it wouldn’t be a bad idea to give them a rest. The B team‘s position won’t change so maybe call up some of them as well. It sounds as though Jutgla has been doing really well for them of late and there’s interest around him, so maybe see if he can bag a goal or two with a senior team. Of course on the flipside you don’t wanna run the risk of a player getting injured and then being stuck with him for another season if it’s a player you wanna offload.

Reactions: gary69

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Better performance today, but still not perfect. I thought Dembele was the man of the match as he had two nice assists. The first because of how he got away from the two players in the second because of the weight of the pass he made. Too bad he won’t be playing with us next season.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Real Madrid starts with pretty much their best line-up against Betis in the last league match of the season. Maybe Alaba comes in to the CL final starting eleven if he is healthy enough.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Still scoreless as Isco comes on for last 20 mins, for which is most likely his last match for Real.

Edit: And few mins later 40-year old Joaquin comes on for his 600th match.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Yeah not bad for a dead rubber game. Camavinga played that second half like a man on a mission, he was destroying that old Betis midfield. Heard it was that pos Marcelo's last game with Real too, not just Isco's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad