La liga 2021-2022 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I find it fascinating how Madrid have such a big lead at the top, are playing at home, against a Barça team having its worst season in years, yet they still feel the need to adapt and play more defensive minded

Anyway that was a really good first half. Great job of exploiting spaces, passing is way more crisp than on Thursday, Dembele is abusing Nacho (although who wouldn't), however the defence hasn't been tested yet and I assume Ancelotti will throw on a couple of forwards in the second half.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I find it fascinating how Madrid have such a big lead at the top, are playing at home, against a Barça team having its worst season in years, yet they still feel the need to adapt and play more defensive minded

Anyway that was a really good first half. Great job of exploiting spaces, passing is way more crisp than on Thursday, Dembele is abusing Nacho (although who wouldn't), however the defence hasn't been tested yet and I assume Ancelotti will throw on a couple of forwards in the second half.
Ancelotti tries to play Italian football. Without Benzema, we have no attack.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I personally am not surprised that one of the worlds best strikers looks like one of the worlds best strikers again as soon as he is freed from the shackles of Mikel Arteta.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Ferran and Auba could have accounted for 8 between them, then you have Dembele missing an absolute sitter too...it could have been double digits

Really excited about what Xavi can do over a full season with a few more reliable defenders at hand. Auba has been amazing but this type of fluidity has been missing for a long time

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Great match by our front 3. Aubameyang has been a great buy, and this version of Dembele will be missed. I even liked Ferran today, even though his finishing is still lacking at times.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wow, love the result and I'm guessing I'll love the performance. I won't be able to see watch it until tomorrow at the night at the earliest though. Amazing where Xavi has taken this team. I was confident he deserved a chance and would improve the team, but all things considered I would say he is exceeding expectations.

Under Koeman:
  • 9th place
  • 4 wins, 5 draws, 3 losses, 17 points, 19 GF, 15 GA, +4 GD
Under Xavi:
  • most points only second to Madrid with a match in hand which if we win we'd have the most points during that period
  • 11 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss, 37 points, 37 GF, 14 GA, +23 GD
I've said it a couple of times before, this feels like 03-04 when we were way back in the table, something 11th or 13th, and made that great back half run to finish second.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I personally am not surprised that one of the worlds best strikers looks like one of the worlds best strikers again as soon as he is freed from the shackles of Mikel Arteta.
Arsenal are playing great football since he left. I don't understand the need to be bitter.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal are playing great football since he left. I don't understand the need to be bitter.
I guess but the lack of a quality striker and someone who can run in behind was badly felt against Liverpool and City. We should be keeping Auba, of course. Not paying him to play for Barcelona when we really could use him.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad