La Liga 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’d like Frenkie, Arthur and Puig as a trio, with Frenkie playing the 6. Valverde won’t ever do this, though. He’ll likely play with Busquets, Frenkie and Rakitic. Maybe even swap Rakitic for Coutinho at times.

Busquets is a legend, but Frenkie is better already.
Puig should definitely not start.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Yeah I agree. I don't think you can play both Frenkie and Busquets, they're way too similar. Also you need someone in midfield who can go forward and contribute with some goals, like Rakitic does. Also agree that within a few years Frenkie-Arthur-Puig should be the starting trio.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Saw the highlights from the match in Ann Arbor and I have to say that I really like the forward passing from Alena. On at least two of the goals, and I think it was three of them, he played a direct forward pass.

So were committed to discarding busquets? Too soon

Benching him isn't discarding him. If you're going to make the right decision you start De Jong over Busquets.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
That really doesn't make any sense from a tactical point of view.

Busquets and Frenkie are still two very different players. I think playing with a DM next to his side would allow Frenkie to play a little bit deeper and work more on his offensive game, which is still a bit lacking. His shot is non existent and the through balls, such as his assist and pre assist last night vs Napoli, should happen much more frequently when you are the ball hog that Frenkie is.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Benching is discarding...THey both should play together.

It's not and Busquets for my money needs to win his spot at this exact moment in time. Perhaps had he had a notably better season last year I wouldn't be saying that, but the fact of the matter is he didn't.

At the end of the day the formation is going to be key (though I think dickhead will go 4-3-3 and regardless of that we're going to see some rotations as the side is full of midfielders. I don't like Messi in the middle and injuries aside there will be an odd man out, probably Dembele.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's not and Busquets for my money needs to win his spot at this exact moment in time. Perhaps had he had a notably better season last year I wouldn't be saying that, but the fact of the matter is he didn't.

At the end of the day the formation is going to be key (though I think ******** will go 4-3-3 and regardless of that we're going to see some rotations as the side is full of midfielders. I don't like Messi in the middle and injuries aside there will be an odd man out, probably Dembele.
If he's not starting he'd probably push for a move considering he can easily slot anywhere in the world. Win his spot what has anyone else done to win the spot over him? I do think De Jong is the future, and that future is today ( he should start) but there's room for both.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If he's not starting he'd probably push for a move considering he can easily slot anywhere in the world. Win his spot what has anyone else done to win the spot over him? I do think De Jong is the future, and that future is today ( he should start) but there's room for both.

Well good luck moving before next Summer. As for his spot, it's a matter of timing. He's coming off an average season and De Jong is looking great in preseason. Simple as that.

I think it'll be avoided as I think it'll be a 4-3-3 with rotations, but if I had to choose I'd go with De Jong at this exact moment in time.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Busquets and Frenkie are still two very different players. I think playing with a DM next to his side would allow Frenkie to play a little bit deeper and work more on his offensive game, which is still a bit lacking. His shot is non existent and the through balls, such as his assist and pre assist last night vs Napoli, should happen much more frequently when you are the ball hog that Frenkie is.

I really don't see how they are "very different". They're both perfect for the trequartista role, both mainly rely on their vision, high football IQ and passing and both lack an offensive game to play higher up the pitch. In my opinion you can't have both in your starting line up when using a 4-3-3 formation, when you go to a 4-2-3-1 it could be possible.

Just looking to see when the Supercopa is and... TF is that nonsense? Bad enough they're playing it in January in another country, but four teams now?

Probably they want both Madrid and Barça in it each year because of $$$ but seeing as how shit Madrid are lately they have to come up with this nonsense to have them in it.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I really don't see how they are "very different". They're both perfect for the trequartista role, both mainly rely on their vision, high football IQ and passing and both lack an offensive game to play higher up the pitch. In my opinion you can't have both in your starting line up when using a 4-3-3 formation, when you go to a 4-2-3-1 it could be possible.

Busquets is much more of a true DM than Frenkie is, who's more of a CM these days. Somehow people view Frenkie as a DM all of a sudden. Frenkie is an CAM of origin, in fact, but Bosz and Ten Hag have both used him in a lower role since he is so confident on the ball. Frenkie's game relies on his dribbles first and foremost. He lures the opposition to pressure him, creating space for those teammates in front of him. Busquets rarely goes on any adventure and plays a rather safe game these days. I don't think they are similar players at all. Not to mention Frenkie has a lot of offensive upside, but it won't come out if he's used as a DM.

I think a Busquets - Frenkie midfield could very well work..

---------------- Griezmann -----------------
Suarez -------------------------- Messi -----
------------------ Rakitic --------------------
--------- De Jong ----- Busquets -----------

.. just not the midfield I'd prefer.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A trequartista is a player that plays behind the striker as an attacker which is relied on for their ability on the ball and offensive chance creation. Not sure that either of those fit that mold atm. Maybe you're thinking of regista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad