La Liga 2019/2020 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Luka made his debut. Could see why people got lazy and labeled him new Messi. His movements on the ball and body shape is Messi like. In the 10 mins he played he looked full of confidence trying to drive at defenders. Positive debut.
Watched the game and his movement was really good as you said.

Was most impressed by Take Kubo though from the Mallorca side.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
It's also...not going to happen. Part of the downfall of Milan was having an owner that stopped caring before he finally sold the club. Barcelona don't have an owner. It's an entirely different model. They can't be sunk through nonchalance in the same way. Their brand is too big for that to happen. Barça fans bitch endlessly about their board but even with an apparently incompetent board they still win trophies even if it's completely by accident.

As much as I would welcome it, there won't be a Milan-esque fall of Barcelona.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's also...not going to happen. Part of the downfall of Milan was having an owner that stopped caring before he finally sold the club. Barcelona don't have an owner. It's an entirely different model. They can't be sunk through nonchalance in the same way. Their brand is too big for that to happen. Barça fans bitch endlessly about their board but even with an apparently incompetent board they still win trophies even if it's completely by accident.

As much as I would welcome it, there won't be a Milan-esque fall of Barcelona.
It's not by accident they win because of Messi.

There probably wont be a Milan fall off but even thinking of it is insane. Luckily the board is gone in 12 months.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Was most impressed by Take Kubo though from the Mallorca side.

Agreed, great little player.

He will look fantastic with the likes of Vinicius, Rodrygo, Valverde, Odegaard, Reinier, Camavinga(hopefully), etc.

9c2c2be1.gif

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Dive from Rafinha led to equalizing goal for Celta Vigo. You can’t write this stuff up.

game changed when he came on, great player.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Barca could have easily lost....that should have been a goal from Celta at the end there. Luckily the ball went right to Ter Stegen.

Rakitic with a bad pass and then bad tracking by Umtiti who got caught well out of position.

Grizz not aggressive enough.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Fake thiago is still ass
Probably should’ve left for a different club earlier in his career. I reckon he’d have 200 apps for Sevilla or Valencia by now if he started with them.

Then again, he won the CL and made a lot of money playing for Barca, so great career anyways Lol.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
No one cares about Espanyol and they are getting relegated for sure but still comical that they have sacked a 3rd head coach this season.

The Celta Vigo/Barcelona match result is not surprising. Barcelona have historically struggled at Balaidos.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not surprised, team is not deserving to win La Liga.

Tbh, neither are we.

I never agree with this sort of sentiment. If a team does what is needed and doesn't win as a result of ref decisions, then they're deserving. Whether or not it's worth celebrating is another story. If we win the league, and I doubt we will at this stage, it'll largely be a non-event.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I never agree with this sort of sentiment. If a team does what is needed and doesn't win as a result of ref decisions, then they're deserving. Whether or not it's worth celebrating is another story. If we win the league, and I doubt we will at this stage, it'll largely be a non-event.

Fair enough.

We did beat Barca and drew. So I would be happy. But I feel like both clubs played under their potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad