La Liga 2019/2020 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Emery has 2 wins in 25 games against Barcelona (2 wins, 6 draw, 17 losses). Make it 26. The only team that beat him more is City (0-4).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The score line aside it was a fun game to watch. Early days but it’s been awhile since barca brought joy.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Koeman will be judged on continental success more than anything. The losses to Roma, Liverpool and Bayern is basically what cost the jobs of his two predecessors.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Koeman will be judged on continental success more than anything. The losses to Roma, Liverpool and Bayern is basically what cost the jobs of his two predecessors.
Not at all true. Valverde survived Roma, lfc and finally sacked after another bottle against Atleti. Setein was a goner well before the munich fiasco. It just happened to be the end of the season. Even if it was a normal game he would’ve been fired.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Firstly, anyone who thought Suarez was done didn't know what they were talking about. He was solid last year and he's off to a great start with 20 minutes of play time on a new team this season.

Secondly, Barca is better than people think. Could use a tad more physicality but otherwise....

Third, Busquets shouldn't be starting any longer.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Depends does he take Bart with him? I mean it is one game lol
Yeah and I don’t think he can be judged on one game. I was just saying while everyone was clowning Koeman and talking about how it was a terrible choice that he has had some success recently and he’s familiar with the club. I just think he should get the chance to prove himself before people write him off. He did very well with the Netherlands recently even if I questioned a lot of his team selections.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Not at all true. Valverde survived Roma, lfc and finally sacked after another bottle against Atleti. Setein was a goner well before the munich fiasco. It just happened to be the end of the season. Even if it was a normal game he would’ve been fired.
Valverde only survived because the players liked him. Setién did not have that kind of support which is why he was canned on the spot unlike his predecessor. Barcelona are just like Juventus and PSG where domestic success is expected so what they truly want is the Champions League.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Valverde only survived because the players liked him. Setién did not have that kind of support which is why he was canned on the spot unlike his predecessor.
Like I said he survived 2 bottle jobs. Setien was already going to get the boot regardless of the embarrassment or not. No one thinks this barca team will win a CL and Koeman won’t be fired for not winning one. That’s ridiculous:

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Like I said he survived 2 bottle jobs. Setien was already going to get the boot regardless of the embarrassment or not. No one thinks this barca team will win a CL and Koeman won’t be fired for not winning one. That’s ridiculous:
I think they have enough talent to especially with Messi there so we’ll see what Koeman can do with them. I don’t think that’s the expectation for them though.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Repeating the same thing over and over does not make it true. Koeman's position is not secure at all since Messi is already unhappy with him kicking out Suarez from the team. He is also the hire of the present board so he could easily be gone because of the new board and/or Messi threatening to leave if he stays.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Repeating the same thing over and over does not make it true. Koeman's position is not secure at all since Messi is already unhappy with him kicking out Suarez from the team. He is also the hire of the present board so he could easily be gone because of the new board and/or Messi threatening to leave if he stays.
Lool ok what ever you say chief. First you said Valverde and Setien got fired because of losing the CL which was clearly not the case for anyone watching Barca. You claim that Koeman will be judged in Europe again not true no one is judging him on winning a CL. The new board will probably want to set up their sporting project but if Koeman plays his cards right he can be included even if he doesn’t win a CL.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Lool ok what ever you say chief. First you said Valverde and Setien got fired because of losing the CL which was clearly not the case for anyone watching Barca. You claim that Koeman will be judged in Europe again not true no one is judging him on winning a CL. The new board will probably want to set up their sporting project but if Koeman plays his cards right he can be included even if he doesn’t win a CL.
There is still too much talent and money spent on that squad for them to not be very competitive in Europe no matter if expectations have been lowered a bit after getting humiliated by Bayern. You talk as if they completely gutted that team when that is not the case at all. Sorry but Koeman has to and will be judged on his European performance and that is completely fair.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There is still too much talent and money spent on that squad for them to not be very competitive in Europe no matter if expectations have been lowered a bit after getting humiliated by Bayern. You talk as if they completely gutted that team when that is not the case at all. Sorry but Koeman has to and will be judged on his European performance and that is completely fair.
I don't really agree. If anything I feel like this situation is going to give Koeman a bit more leash. If he's competitive in the league and doesn't get embarrassed in Europe I think he has a good chance of staying on especially as a club legend himself. If the first game is any indication I think he has a decent shot of doing some good stuff there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad